Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today is International Missing Children's Day

3 posters

Go down

Today is International Missing Children's Day Empty Today is International Missing Children's Day

Post by Pedro Silva Wed May 25, 2011 2:15 am

My friends, as you know tomorrow is International Missing Children's Day. Clare from Missing People has asked if we can help and I wondered if you would be able to get onto facebook and twitter and give them a hand - as per Clare's email below. We - as well as the team at Missing People, would be really grateful.

Many, MANY thanks.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Today is International Missing Children's Day Empty Re: Today is International Missing Children's Day

Post by christabel Thu May 26, 2011 1:59 am

Missing Children Pleas Posted On Twitter

12:28am UK, Wednesday May 25, 2011

A charity is hoping to harness the power of Twitter over the next 24 hours by sending out a new appeal for a missing child every 30 minutes throughout the day.

Today is International Missing Children's Day 15781912

Missing Ben Needham (L) as he was and (R) as he might be in late teens

The Big Tweet for Missing Children is taking place on International Missing Children's Day and aims to make a marathon appeal to try to track down some of the 100,000 youngsters who go missing in the UK every year.

One of those supporting the cause is Kerry Needham, whose 21-month-old son Ben went missing 19 years ago on the Greek island of Kos.

"Every morning and every night I look at his picture and it gives me strength. I am his mum and I will never give up hope."

The 24-hour event on Twitter which will use #IMCD for International Missing Children's Day, encourages users of the site to retweet the messages sent by the Missing People Charity increasing the number of people who see the appeals.

TV host Lorraine Kelly, a patron of the charity, backed the campaign, saying: "As a mum myself I can't imagine anything worse."

Anyone wishing to join the campaign should follow @missing people on the site.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Today is International Missing Children's Day Empty Re: Today is International Missing Children's Day

Post by Pedro Silva Thu May 26, 2011 8:33 am

My friends, I received this through google alert:

http://www.imperatriznoticias.com.br/noticias/geral/3454-25-de-maio-dia-internacional-de-criancas-desaparecidas

25th May: International Day of Missing Children

Today is the International Day of Missing Children. The shapes of each disappearance are diverse, some are abducted by a parent (or family), pedophiles, revenge, violence and even drugs and sex trafficking.

One of the most famous cases of missing children is that of Madeleine McCann last seen on a beach in southern Portugal, the girl's parents reveal that they still have hope of finding her alive.

The best way to help in these cases is publicizing and denouncing. Even without missing relatives or friends is very important to pay close attention to the posters around the city, because you may be faced with that child there stamped on the corner of your neighborhood.

The initiative of creating the International Day of Missing Children came in the wake of the abduction of a child six years - Etan Patz - on May 25, 1979 in New York, which was never found.

In 1983 the U.S. president said on May 25 as dedicated to missing children, aiming to encourage the public and the media outlet to reflect about all the children who were reported missing in the World. In 1986 to date has earned an international dimension.

To get more information, see list or disclose someone go missing:

http://www.desaparecidos.mj.gov.br/

http://www.maesdase.org.br/

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Thu May 26, 2011 10:41 pm

Yep think it was success for them....well done.
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Fri May 27, 2011 12:45 am

http://www.findmadeleine.com/campaigns/icmd_may25.html

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down