Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview with Peter Hill ex-Editor of the Express

4 posters

Go down

Interview with Peter Hill ex-Editor of the Express Empty Interview with Peter Hill ex-Editor of the Express

Post by jean Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:40 am

This was taken from The Guardian dated 21/2 - interview with Peter Hill the ex-editor of the Express …..

‘He is contrite about the sad episode that ended with Express Newspapers being landed with one of the most expensive legal bills in newspaper history – the coverage of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in Hill’s paper and its three other titles, the Daily Star, Sunday Express and Daily Star Sunday. He says: “I did too much on the story. I accept that.”
Too much wasn’t the only problem though. There were also the stories that suggested Madeleine’s parents, Gerry and Kate McCann, might have been complicit in her disappearance, which in its apology Express Newspapers admitted were “seriously defamatory”.
Asked whether he regretted libelling the McCanns, he replies: “Of course I do. And I insisted on apologising on the front of the newspaper when it became clear that it was a complete fabrication. We gave them £500,000. It doesn’t redound to my credit but it did help them to continue the search.”
Leaking stories
So why did it happen? “It was a huge story, and every adult in the country had an opinion on it. I admit it helped to sell the paper. There were many factors involved, such as the way Maddy’s parents sought publicity in an unprecedented way.
“All the way through, our principal focus was on ‘what’s happened to Maddy?’ The Portuguese police and British legal sources were leaking stories that implied the McCanns were guilty in some way. We were not to know that the Portuguese police were ineffectual and, in some cases, corrupt.”

These statements are straight from one of the main instigators of the news, and goes a long way to proving that every newspaper printed libellous stories about the McCanns due to corrupt reports being leaked by the Portuguese police/British legal sources. Anyone who can, please post this article on the antis sites.

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Interview with Peter Hill ex-Editor of the Express Empty Re: Interview with Peter Hill ex-Editor of the Express

Post by Rosie Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:27 am

Very intersting article Jean, thank you.

‘He is contrite about the sad episode that ended with Express Newspapers being landed with one of the most expensive legal bills in newspaper history – the coverage of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in Hill’s paper and its three other titles, the Daily Star, Sunday Express and Daily Star Sunday. He says: “I did too much on the story. I accept that.”
Too much wasn’t the only problem though. There were also the stories that suggested Madeleine’s parents, Gerry and Kate McCann, might have been complicit in her disappearance, which in its apology Express Newspapers admitted were “seriously defamatory”.

Being in the news industry he should have been able to tell the difference between a story and an actual report.

Asked whether he regretted libelling the McCanns, he replies: “Of course I do. And I insisted on apologising on the front of the newspaper when it became clear that it was a complete fabrication. We gave them £500,000. It doesn’t redound to my credit but it did help them to continue the search.”

Personally I think that £500.000 they got off lightly, if the McCanns decided to go all the way they could have got millions from the Express, pity they didn't, because they would still have money left to fund the search now if they had. Still if the Express feels that bad, there is NOTHING to stop them giving the McCanns a hefty donation now to help them continue the search, it would do much to redress the balance especially because it would come as an unsolicited gift. However, I guess they aren't that contrite, are they?

Leaking stories
So why did it happen? “It was a huge story, and every adult in the country had an opinion on it. I admit it helped to sell the paper. There were many factors involved, such as the way Maddy’s parents sought publicity in an unprecedented way.

Hmm, has he forgotten that sometimes they were updating and releasing regurgitated stories every single hour? Did the McCanns ask them to do this? It got to the insane position where the DX was releasing one story on one hour that was the polar opposite to the story they released one hour previous! This did much to fuel the insanity of the antis who let's be honest just hadn't the brains or the mental agility to work out just what it was the newspapers were doing. It wasn't just the Express either, it was many newspapers. However, I think he is still in denial, he is still somehow shifting blame onto the McCanns when he talks about them seeking publicity in and unprecedented way. For him to say this and for them to do this there must be a precedent set for publicity, so where is it and what is the precedent on exactly how much publicity they should have sought?
The sad fact is the McCanns just did what they thought was best, the Portuguese police did not help them at all and left them on their own in a strange country where they could not speak the language, their child had been abducted and the police were basically f ucking the investigation up (purposefully) at every turn, and I make no apologies for using that word, it adequately describes what was happening at the time.
I know the McCanns were advised by the parents of other missing children to keep Madeleine's profile raised and as high as they could for as long as they could. How were the McCanns, two vacationing doctors supposed to know that the abduction of their daughter was going to turn out to be the story of the decade? Truth is they did not, and let's put to bed the lie that they phoned Sky news before the police, they did not, and Sky news has confirmed this. The reason why Sky was contacted at all was because the PJ arrived on the scene WITHOUT their fat drunkard coordinator because he was far too busy eating shrimp and drinking alcohol with his mates to be bothered to attend the scene of the of the abduction of a toddler - a serious and heinous crime which was unfolding on his patch and when he was told he just spoke on the phone for a few seconds and then totally ignored it, makes you wonder if he knew what was happening and turned a blind eye. Meanwhile at the scene after a short while, where the police decided NOT coordinate a search party, (On whose orders was that by the way? Amaral's over the phone?) they left those vulnerable petrified parents alone with their daughter missing, they were terrified and alone in a foreign country unable to speak the language, virtually paralysed with fear, barely able to string a coherent sentence together and the police PJ or GNR (or both) left saying they would come back in the morning if she hadn't turned up, and subsequently Goncalo Amaral (who was not even there so how the hell did he know) rudely and stupidly described Gerry as a "praying Arab" because he was crying hysterically over his missing daughter and he got down on his knees and begged the police not to go and begged them to continue searching for Madeleine. BUT THEY WENT ANYWAY!

Unprecedented publicity? Maybe, but an experienced editor and journalists would have immediately understood that it was not the fault of the *media "un-savvy"* McCanns and they as a responsible investigating paper could have done much to rectify that story, but they did not, they chose to foster it, embellish it and run with it blowing it up out of all proportion, simply because they knew by reporting it that way they would sell more papers. Stories exactly like this one did much to harm the search for Madeleine and they did much to harm the reputations of her parents.

“All the way through, our principal focus was on ‘what’s happened to Maddy?’ The Portuguese police and British legal sources were leaking stories that implied the McCanns were guilty in some way. We were not to know that the Portuguese police were ineffectual and, in some cases, corrupt.”

Why did you not realise the PJ were corrupt in some cases? Most of us knew it immediately and we did not have the luxury of being out in "Hugo Beatties bar* being briefed by Portuguese translators! This is really no excuse, if the Portuguese police released a story that they had flying pink pigs would they have believed that too? The stories that kept implying guilt should NEVER have made their pages, but again, the Express was not the only paper guilty of this. I also blame the PJ, they did this on purpose to purposely blacken the McCanns names and Goncalo Amaral was behind it all and we all know why he did this. That man has been reported to be in trouble with money, there is a huge finger of suspicion hovering above him, but did that stop James Murray of the Sunday Express running an article sucking up to the fact lying corrupt pig? No, so the Express group were still making money out of stupid stories. I knew Amaral was ineffectual and corrupt and I knew it from day one! Why didn't the Express?

Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Interview with Peter Hill ex-Editor of the Express Empty Re: Interview with Peter Hill ex-Editor of the Express

Post by dianeh Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:36 am

Totally agree Rosie, it wasnt the amount of coverage, it was the lack of validation, the regurgitating of unsubstantiated rumours, the lack of ethics etc.

It was about printing whatever they could to sell a paper, not reporting news.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:41 am

All those smear, all those lies, have the hand of amaral, with the disgusting purpose we all know. TB, with his freaks, (I wonder if payed by amaral) contributed also with their disgusting fantasies, which started in amaral´s sick brain.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down