Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCanns delay book

+6
maria theresa
jean
Tinkerbell43
Catkins
Pedro Silva
Zavvi
10 posters

Go down

McCanns delay book  Empty McCanns delay book

Post by Zavvi Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:34 pm

McCanns delay book to avoid 'Royal Wedding clash'

by Kelly Rose Bradford Jan 3rd 2011

McCanns delay book  Mccanns

The parents of missing Madeleine McCann are to delay the publication of a book about their daughter to avoid competing for media coverage with Prince William and Kate Middleton.

The book was due to go on sale on April 28, the day before the Royal Wedding.

Kate and Gerry McCann, both 42, wrote the book - entitled 'Madeleine' - to raise further funds to continue the search for their daughter, who disappeared in 2007.

The book, published by Transworld, will now go on sale on May 12, Madeleine's eighth birthday.

The couple's spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: 'The publication date for 'Madeleine' has now been moved on to May 12, 2011 in the light of the royal wedding and the subsequent media coverage that will generate.

'Kate and Gerry are very happy with the new date, as are the publishers, and it will still be very much tied into the fourth anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance.'

Madeleine was approaching her fourth birthday when she went missing from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in the Algarve in May, 2007. She and her baby twin siblings had been left alone as her parents and their friends dined nearby.

The family recently revealed fears their daughter would never be found as the Find Madeleine Fund was rapidly running out of money.

Link http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2011/01/03/mccanns-delay-book-to-avoid-royal-wedding-clash/
Zavvi
Zavvi
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

McCanns delay book  Empty Re: McCanns delay book

Post by Pedro Silva Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:59 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1343632/Madeleine-McCann-book-launch-postponed-avoid-Royal-wedding-clash.html

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:59 am

Good I was concerned that it would be buried in all the flipping Wedding fever...
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:29 am

Me too Cat. I must admit my heart sank when I first heard the date of the royal wedding so I'm very relieved Kate and Gerry have now deferred the book launch, it makes perfect sense.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:40 am

Yes, I agree with you my friends. Also, Portuguese newspapers, also Portuguese tv news channels, talks about it. Also in Brazil.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jean Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:19 am

I only wish they would state that the PUBLISHERS have deferred the launch, not the McCanns. All the hate mail is coming because the idiots amongst them don't have enough brains to decipher the true picture.

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:58 am

"Everything is the McCanns fault" according to the idiot antis
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maria theresa Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:52 am

I agree Jean. The announcement could have been better handled. A pity the decision was attributed to Kate and Gerry personally. However, some people will look for any excuse at all to criticise. They don't WANT to "decipher the true picture", do they?

maria theresa
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:02 am

It is criticism for the sake of criticism from a bunch of vindictive obsessed stalkers who care nothing for Madeleine or her family.

If the antis are criticising the decision then it is clearly the right decision. The antis never get anything right, so I am confident that moving the book launch is a good move.

The antis opposition is very encouraging, probably not the reaction that they wanted.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:48 pm

Im glad to hear they are changing the date of the books publication ,what confuses me though is why they aint brought the publication forward rather than delayed it,i think bringing it forward would be a far better decision because imo the sooner the book goes on sale the better...both for publication and public awareness reasons.... and also for the money side of it...they need all the cash they can get to keep this investigation going.Where are they getting the money from for the investigation now?are they still receiving donations how much do they have (roughly ) left in the funds?

Whos decision was it to actually delay the publication?I agree it will clash with the royal wedding and of course they want all the media attention they can get but surely sooner would be better than later?This case is confusing me somewhat lately.I know kate and gerry will never give up hope of finding Madeleine and i know they will never give up on searching for her,as the rest of us wont either....but god i get soo frustrated at times when i read things like this.

Is there some sort of block on the publication before the due date??is there some reason why the publication cant be made sooner rather than later?

I know Madeleine's 8th birthday is on the 12th of may and they thought of that date because it would also mark her birthday and push some public awareness out there..
BUT...to be honest if it was me i would published the book sooner and then on her 8th birthday i would of promoted the sale of it and done something special to mark her birthday which would mean they got two big huge media attentions in a matter of just weeks..One for the publication of the book and then again a few weeks later on her 8th birthday!!!

Its really weird sometimes when i look at pics and vids of madeleine...she is the same age as my little girl,would be in the same year at school etc and when she went missing back in 2007 i remember looking at my little one and thanking my lucky stars i have her close by me. I imagined what life would be like without her.I cant bear to think about it :( Id want to do anything and everything to get her back with me just like kate and gerry are doing...and i wouldn't be able to function not knowing hat had happened to her

Im a bit p/ssed that this book as been delayed to be honest folks..I think they made a bad decision.I think they should of brought the publication forward,and then (as i said previously) done something yet again on her 8th birthday...it would of meant two major media and news reports for Madeleine and i think the more she is in the news the better!Im sure kate and gerry delayed it in her best interests.. of course they did.

They are rarely in the news lately...this could of been a good opportunity to use the media twice,not once.

Ive always agreed 100% with everything the mccanns do but on this one occasion i think they made the wrong decision...they are losing a chance to use the media.You see once the book publication is released on madeleines birthday and reported in papers the very next day it will be all forgotten about as far as the daily mirror is concerned,and it would be all done dusted and reported for them... Having yet another report a few weeks later on her 8th birthday would be good yer?because it means that the public will be seeing madeleines little face quite a bit during those few weeks.

for me this is a bad decision,i cant help the way i feel,i think that the lack of media attention in this case as been bad in recent months and i believe that to gain more attention the media need more to report on...how can they do that when they aint being given anything new??

madeleines birthday and a public event to mark it and push her profile into public eyes could of been a good way to get in papers

The publication of the book could of been yet another chance.

They have now rolled two story's into one and made one(rather than two) news reports :(
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:54 am

Maybe it won't be finished earlier Claire .
I do get what you are saying. But maybe they feel as the Publishers had to move the date anyway , tying it in with Madeleine's Birthday it might make a bigger impact.

Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:48 am

Clairesy

I agree with Catkins, that the book is most likely not going to be ready for publication prior to that. My opinion on the birthday is that without some big event, such as the publication of the book, that Madeleine's birthday would pass without very much news coverage, probably just some small article based upon whatever message Kate and Gerry leave on the website.

I fully understand your thinking about having two lots of publicity, but I honestly dont think that the anniversary of her abduction or her birthday are very newsworth any more beyond small human interest articles, but coupled with the book launch, then I am positive that wide spread coverage will occur.

I trust Clarence on this. He would have had input into the best time to publish the book. he is very good at what he does. If Clarence thought he could get two big news coverage events, then he would do it. Im just glad that he and the publishers are on the ball to ensure that the book launch is not lost in the midst of the royal wedding.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jean Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:29 am

I think it is a good idea that the book will be released on 12 May because it will avoid getting lost in all the publicity that will obviously be going on for the Royal Wedding - which will go on for weeks prior to 29 April, and also because that specific date gives the book a reason. There are lots of people out there criticising the McCanns for even writing the book. They are saying that it's about time they stopped 'whinging' about the loss of their daughter, and that they jump on any possible means to make money out of Madeleine's disappearance. I am fighting their corner at the moment on a site called 'parentdish'. They have asked the question 'would you buy the book' and there are a lot of adverse comments coming through. Despite all of the negative comments there are a few who completely support the McCanns, and one contibutor knows his law back to front and is counteracting the 'theories' that others are putting forward. Even though he doesn't support the McCanns he says the courts don't have a leg to stand on as far as bringing criminal charges against them.
But, back to the original comment, I think that putting the launch back is an excellent idea, but as I have said previously I wish it had been made clear that the publishers TRANSWORLD had made that decision and not the McCanns. That is what is stirring up the bad vibes.

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by maria theresa Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:36 am

Exactly, Jean. Kate and Gerry's names should not have been dragged into this at all. Mistake, in my opinion.

However, this blip will be a nine-days wonder. The main thing will be the book. I'm sure it will sell well. It will tell us the real story and will also enable the McCanns to continue their search with private investigators, which will be necessary if their request is turned down for an official review and reopening of the case.

maria theresa
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:49 pm

I agree that the book will sell very well.

Most people support the McCanns. If a few dont like the idea of the book, then so what, they dont buy it.

Why do they think they have the right to tell Kate and Gerry what they can and cant do? I for one am very interested in their perpective, as we have only heard bits and pieces up to now, the book will be in depth.

There are plenty of books out there that offend me, but I dont go and tell the authors that they should have written them, or had them published (except of course for the rubbish that Bennett puts out). Even Amaral, he has the right to write that crap, but then the McCanns then have the right to sue him for writing it.

So why do those against the McCanns think that because they dont like Kate and Gerry, that they have the right to tell the McCanns not to put out a book? They should just STFU.

Shut Up
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:50 am

It really did not matter what Kate and Gerry did, or when they did it, the people that criticise them would have just found something else to criticise them for, they have been critical of them all along, they are the very same people who criticise them for doing something and then criticise them for not doing something. I would totally blank them and not even bother arguing with them, you can't anyway as they are always "right" aren't they?

Regarding the publication date, everything would have been geared up to that date, there is such a lot that goes on behind the scenes with publishing a book, so I doubt very much if it would have been ready to bring the publication through to the earlier date.
The publishers would launch the book on the best day possible, they would have thought of all this, after all it is their business, which is why they probably went for the earlier date unknown that it would clash with the Royal wedding, so it makes absolute sense that the date has been deferred, after all the aim of writing the book is to raise money for Madeleine's search fund and launching when the wedding was on would have destroyed that and it would have been overlooked, which would have negated the whole object of writing the book. Also it is only just a couple of weeks longer so it is no great shakes, it is not as if it is 2 months or 2 years.

With regard to buying the book, I think there is going to be phenomenal interest in it, people will want to know the McCanns side of the story, they have never before really told their side, so there is bound to be great interest in it. As for the people that say they should get on with things and stop "whingeing about losing their daughter" well that must rank up there with some of the most hateful comments I have ever read, how do you even begin to get over the loss of a child, especially when you do not know where she is or who is holding her. Getting over the loss of any child is not something I would envisage anyone doing at any time, those comments are unspeakably cruel and brutal.

I look forward to buying my copy.

Good luck Kate and Gerry and I hope it is a bestseller xxx
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Mulleena Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:38 am

clapping well said Rosie!!
I have already pre ordered my copy.

Mulleena
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:45 am

Yes, Rosie

Very well said.

Just how does someone 'get over' the loss of their child? Do they just wake up one day and no longer care that their beloved child is gone?

The people that make those disgusting comments about the McCanns must have no compassion or empathy at all, and that would make them sociopaths. But we have long known what they are. What never ceases to surprise me is that they have continued to try to persecute the McCanns for so long.

dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:27 pm

Yes, I agree with you my friends. Well done Rosie.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:02 pm

highfive

I'm sure the antis will buy copies if only to pick holes in it......... but who cares...More money in the Bank to help the search for Madeleine.
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:19 am

Yes, I agree with you Catkins.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member