Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doesn't this make you feel safe?. Swiss couple violently assaulted at home

+2
Pedro Silva
christabel
6 posters

Go down

Doesn't this make you feel safe?. Swiss couple violently assaulted at home Empty Doesn't this make you feel safe?. Swiss couple violently assaulted at home

Post by christabel Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:15 am

What scum could do this to an elderly couple

Swiss couple violently assaulted at home
Updated: 05-Nov-2009

By ELOISE WALTON

An elderly Swiss couple were violently robbed by a gang of four masked men as they arrived at their home near Almancil, Loulé, on the evening of October 31.

The couple were taken from their vehicle into their house after 10pm where the attackers robbed and beat them before sexually assaulting the 77 year-old wife.

Following the crime, the 80 year-old husband told Portuguese newspaper Correio da Manhã (CM): “We are very unwell. My wife was brutally attacked and I was punched in the face. They tied up my wrists and hit my hands and legs with sticks.”

He added that the robbers wore masks and gloves and stole money, gold, jewellery, credit cards and the couple’s jeep.

Following the assault, Almancil GNR were called to the home.

However, Faro’s Policia Judiciária also arrived at the scene to collect evidence and are now investigating the case, which at the time the Algarve Resident went to press on Wednesday had not been solved.

The wife was also transported to Faro hospital for treatment and was released a few hours later.

Following this extreme case of violent robbery, Loulé Câmara mayor, Seruca Emídio visited the couple at their home.

“They are afraid, but, even so, they understand the situation because they know that these cases can happen in any developed country,” Seruca Emídio told CM.

“The Portuguese government must guarantee people’s security and measures must be taken to avoid other cases like this from happening.”

Loulé’s municipal protection service has provided psychological support to the victims.

Meanwhile, a British resident was also robbed in her home near Santa Bárbara de Nexe on October 29.

Following the crime, the victim, who asked not to be named, told the Algarve Resident: “I was alone at home at around 10pm when four men with balaclavas came in.”

The woman tried to escape but the robbers tied her hands and ankles with electrical cables and demanded money.

“I said I didn’t have any money but they could take anything they wanted so they stole my laptop and IPod,” she said. “After the robbery, the men left and I eventually managed to free my hands, found a spare car key and drove to a friend’s house.”

She added: “I’m a positive person, so I will get on with my life, but I think people should no longer be complacent about their safety as these crimes can happen anywhere in the world, even the Algarve.”

The Polícia Judiciária are now investigating this case.

Do you have a view on this story?

Last edited by christabel on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Doesn't this make you feel safe?. Swiss couple violently assaulted at home Empty Re: Doesn't this make you feel safe?. Swiss couple violently assaulted at home

Post by Pedro Silva Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:40 am

And people say that Algarve is safe. Yeah, right. Big safety no doubt. Let´s hope PJ investigates this properly.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Doesn't this make you feel safe?. Swiss couple violently assaulted at home Empty Re: Doesn't this make you feel safe?. Swiss couple violently assaulted at home

Post by christabel Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:49 am

Pedro Silva wrote:And people say that Algarve is safe. Yeah, right. Big safety no doubt. Let´s hope PJ investigates this properly.

Don't hold your breath Pedro, depends whats in it for them.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:14 am

You´re right Christabel my friend.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:30 am

This is becoming more and more common as the population ages so much...it happens here fairly frequently. Shaking Head

I think people in the Algrave have to start adjusting to the idea that it is no longer a sleepy place and they should try to take what precautions they can, sad as it is. Like how people used to live their doors unlocked, but would rarely do that today.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:30 am

Of course it would help if the authorities acknowledged the change....which they won't.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:28 pm

Algarve is indeed a very nice place, sceenery wise I mean, everywhere. But on the seaside it is overcrouded, wich makes crime more a type of 'petty' thing, due to how close your neighbour is from you.

But if you go more inland, the calm, excellent weather and easy going (rare) people allied to the low prices, low cost of living comparativelly with foreign pensions, then people are attracted to go there. All the villas you see from time to time are huge, luxurious even. But very very scattered, isolated.

I'm not saying that crime started recently, because it didn't. But it was hugely accrued after we suffered the invasion of people coming from eastern european countries. I'm not being xenophobic, you know this is true in your own countries. And of course they learn quickly where the more 'profitable and safe' places are. That does not surprise me, it is the same everywhere.

What really scares me, and Chris touched it, is that whenever something like that happens, the 'authorities' state that the gang had been watched for months on end and that they know who they are. This is worrying. If they have been watched, how come they were able of doing such thing? If they know who they are, why are they still at large?

And Blu, these villas are no longer unprotected, the reverse. They have at least two guard dogs, very high walls, electronic gates, alarm systems, even alarm systems linked to the police. The problem is that criminals kill the dogs, know how to silence the alarms, wait for the owners to arrive home and jump on them then (when the gate is opening) or use the time delay between the alarm start and the arrival of the police, which usually is far away and the roads are bad - not their fault, the villas have been built/chosen like that
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:39 pm

The borders open (in my opinion), without, apparentely, any kind of control are another problem, in areas like Algarve.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:44 pm

maria wrote:Algarve is indeed a very nice place, sceenery wise I mean, everywhere. But on the seaside it is overcrouded, wich makes crime more a type of 'petty' thing, due to how close your neighbour is from you.

But if you go more inland, the calm, excellent weather and easy going (rare) people allied to the low prices, low cost of living comparativelly with foreign pensions, then people are attracted to go there. All the villas you see from time to time are huge, luxurious even. But very very scattered, isolated.

I'm not saying that crime started recently, because it didn't. But it was hugely accrued after we suffered the invasion of people coming from eastern european countries. I'm not being xenophobic, you know this is true in your own countries. And of course they learn quickly where the more 'profitable and safe' places are. That does not surprise me, it is the same everywhere.

What really scares me, and Chris touched it, is that whenever something like that happens, the 'authorities' state that the gang had been watched for months on end and that they know who they are. This is worrying. If they have been watched, how come they were able of doing such thing? If they know who they are, why are they still at large?

And Blu, these villas are no longer unprotected, the reverse. They have at least two guard dogs, very high walls, electronic gates, alarm systems, even alarm systems linked to the police. The problem is that criminals kill the dogs, know how to silence the alarms, wait for the owners to arrive home and jump on them then (when the gate is opening) or use the time delay between the alarm start and the arrival of the police, which usually is far away and the roads are bad - not their fault, the villas have been built/chosen like that
This is exactly right Maria......I have seen changes over the last 20years with the influx of Eastern Europeans....We had friends who lived in Barao Sao Joao for over 35yrs...they left and moved to France about 7 yrs ago ...they said exactly that....the underbelly was getting nastier due to the EEuropeans....sadly.
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemary Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:11 pm

Sad to say this is happening with increased frequency in Spain aong thecostas too. We read about simila breakins on a weekly asis through the local papers. And Maria is absolutely right it is all since the opening up of Europe. retired people with comfortable villas are the targets. What a world are we living in nowadays. Am currently having a break on the beautiful isle of Tenerife. A wonderful place to visit, as long as you don´t spend all your time on the Playa de las Americas! Some of the landscape of this island is stunningly beautiful But hard times are here. Construction has all stopped - mercifully - recession is biting badly. Am keeping my eyes open for that little girl. but I doubt she is anywhere in the public eye. More likely to be inland somewhere in any of Spain or the Canaries or Portugal. Too many people are aware of her face now. Just MO.

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:38 am

You never know Rosemary.......

Hope you have a lovely time.I went to Puerto De La Cruz 30yrs ago...lovely and Playa de Las Americas was just an idea in someones head...... Los Cristianos was a tiny one horse town............Oh dear progress !!!
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down