Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED!

+8
calcite51
Rosie
dianeh
Tinkerbell43
Pedro Silva
maria
christabel
vee8
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! Empty GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED!

Post by vee8 Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:21 am

http://aeiou.expresso.pt/

Location: Portimão, Portugal Profits from Gonçalo Amaral’s book arrested

The Civil Court of Lisbon has ordered the arrest of all the profits that were obtained through the sale of the book “Maddie, the truth about the lie”, by former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral, following a process that was filed by the parents of the little English girl that disappeared in the Algarve in May 2007.

by Ricardo Marques

According to the court order, the editors that published the book have already been notified that all profits from the cession and sale of the book will be arrested for the eventual payment of an amount of 1,2 million euro.

The court notifications about this injunction have already been sent to Italy, Holland, Denmark, Germany, Spain, France, countries where the book has been translated and published.

Gonçalo Amaral, the inspector who led the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, in 2007, was removed from the case after statements that he made to the media.

The investigation into the disappearance of the 3.year-old English girl, in Praia da Luz, was archived on the 21st of July 2008.

In September, under an order from the Civil Court, the book had already been removed from the shelves.

The book “Maddie, the truth about the lie” was published in July 2008, by editors Guerra & Paz, and in the two following months had 12 editions, of 10 thousand copies each.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! Empty Re: GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED!

Post by christabel Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:48 am

vee8 wrote:http://aeiou.expresso.pt/

Location: Portimão, Portugal Profits from Gonçalo Amaral’s book arrested

The Civil Court of Lisbon has ordered the arrest of all the profits that were obtained through the sale of the book “Maddie, the truth about the lie”, by former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral, following a process that was filed by the parents of the little English girl that disappeared in the Algarve in May 2007.

by Ricardo Marques

According to the court order, the editors that published the book have already been notified that all profits from the cession and sale of the book will be arrested for the eventual payment of an amount of 1,2 million euro.

The court notifications about this injunction have already been sent to Italy, Holland, Denmark, Germany, Spain, France, countries where the book has been translated and published.

Gonçalo Amaral, the inspector who led the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, in 2007, was removed from the case after statements that he made to the media.

The investigation into the disappearance of the 3.year-old English girl, in Praia da Luz, was archived on the 21st of July 2008.

In September, under an order from the Civil Court, the book had already been removed from the shelves.

The book “Maddie, the truth about the lie” was published in July 2008, by editors Guerra & Paz, and in the two following months had 12 editions, of 10 thousand copies each.

GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 801364 GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 590736 GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 555588 GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 214866 GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 670387 GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 581549 GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 691961 GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 7771 GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 401154 GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 603234 GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 623960 GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 103433 GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 902141 One more just for Gonc GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 747406

Sorry got a bit carried away. I think our work is paying off at last members
GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 885550
I have been told his documentary on french telly tonight was pulled too.

Not gonna get that other earring now is he? GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 738876

Last edited by christabel on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added to)
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:57 am

Confirmed by SIC tv.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:07 am

I agree with you Christabel, thank you Maria. Great news indeed.
GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 599426

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:42 am

Brilliant, its news like this that makes it all worth while.

What a great day for Madeleine.

Hugs right back at you Chris.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:51 am

Good to hear

I would like to know a bit more about this. Are the funds ceased pending the outcome of the libel case? Is this court order binding in all countries or just Portugal (bearing in mind the other countries mentioned are part of the EU, so there is probably some reciprocal agreement in place for actions such as this)?

This pesky little injunction is going to make it hard to transfer assets to Sofia now.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:53 am

Must confess I don't really understand all the legal in's and out's, but it does look like good cause for celebrations! Is this a ruling as to his original appeal, or is that appeal still to be heard?
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:56 am

Tinkerbell43 wrote:Brilliant, its news like this that makes it all worth while.

What a great day for Madeleine.

GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 885550 right back at you Chris.

Too true Tinks,

Looks like Gonc's having a bad hair day GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 466476 Shame innit? GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 356737
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:14 am

gonzo answers back--on Morais site

PRESS

It may be written in all the laws that a citizen is free to think and express their thoughts, but that will not shadow value if it can be criticized for the case to express an opinion contrary to the status quo, the interests of the dominant castes or who simply have money.

The clash thesis responsible about objective facts must be made in the open democratic debate and not to the courts and legal coercion.
And yet, as is public knowledge, a Portuguese court immortalized the book "True Lies" to determine what can be opined and expressed in Portugal over the disappearance of Madeleine Beth McCann through the censorship of a thesis based on an logical reasoning on facts and material evidence contained in a criminal case and that order was never circulated to the public free of charge and irresponsible, the idea that third parties have any kind of responsibility in the disappearance of Madeleine.

Worse. Having already been notified of the preventive seizure of their claims, the signatory is concerned is unable to defend their reasons in court, given the huge monetary costs that the action brought by Gerry and Kate McCann will impose in place of attorney's fees and costs judicial millions of them, it seems, are only exempt the poor.

Hence it follows that at the moment, the signatory is not only deprived of their basic right to freedom of expression but also faces constraints on its own defense, that can not be drawn but the shadow of the expression of ideas and beliefs prohibited the return of monies absolutely unbearable.

For the truth about the disappearance of Madeleine is in danger of being decided in the office. So if you live in Portugal on freedom and democracy.

Gonçalo Amaral

Poor, poor gonzo, they have frozen his assets, and now he can't defend himself.
walkinghomecrying NOT!

bellylaugh bellylaugh bellylaugh bellylaugh
loser loser loser loser loser loser
clapping clapping thumbsup2 thumbsup2 clapping
ecstatic thankyou applause ecstatic laffin2 laffin2
perfect perfect letsparty letsparty :sendingulove:
LardyBoy terrific terrific lol! lol! Laffin Laffin Laughing Laughing
hitthefan happydance happydance happydance
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! Empty Fantastic

Post by Rosie Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:21 am

I am so pleased to learn of this news! We have been saying for some time now that the net is beginning to close in on Goncalo Amaral, remember last we week we brought you news about Amaral? We finished that article with this last paragraph, please see the part highlighted in red, hopefully, someone has taken notice of something we have been warning against for some weeks now!

The Amarals also drive around in a brand new Jaguar which a top of the range model could cost them anything up to £70.000. Also another show of their wealth is the big birthday party they held to celebrate Goncalo Amaral's 50th birthday, where many euros were spent on fireworks, which literally went up in smoke, which could be argued would have kept a normal Portuguese family for quite a few months!

It has also been alleged that the the house the Amarals live in and all of his personal wealth has been put in the name of his wife, if true, this may of course affect any settlement Kate and Gerry McCann may be awarded in their libel trial against Goncalo Amaral.

http://justice4mccannfam.blogspot.com/

It would be good if one of the national papers, could now cover this story that some of us knew has been developing for some week s now, instead of running sob stories from Amaral's wife and and old stories about non existent satellite imaging!
Now hopefully one of the nationals will pick up the story of what is happening to the unfortunate couple that got themselves mixed up with Goncalo Amaral and regretted it *BEFORE* its too late!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:31 am

It would appear that Gonc fails to understand the difference between Freedom of Speech and defamation. Freedom of Speech is not the right to make up lurid, unsubstantiated stories and print them as the truth, in an effort to damage the reputation of other individuals, and to profit from those efforts.

It woud appear that the judge is able to make that distinction,so the interim injunctions are coming down on the side of the McCanns.

I wonder if Gonc would be so eager to proclaim the death of free speech, if someone were publicly accusing him of corruption in the cases of Madeleine and JOanna, tortuing witnesses and lying. Because according to his own words,

a thesis based on an logical reasoning on facts and material evidence contained in a criminal case

there is enough from just the Leonore Cipriano case to make such claims.

The big problem for Gonc is that there is no material evidence in the McCann case, and the witness statements, and existing forensics completely contradict his claims.

My opinion, is he is stuffed and no amount of bluster about the abuse of the right to freedom of speech is going to make any difference.

Last edited by dianeh on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:31 am

If I had my way, I would freeze more than the ******** assets! He would be walking with a permanent limp! GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 247254

In other words that little rant is just sour grapes!

Hey Goncalo, never mind, just get your mates the "Mafioso" in to help you, you know the "true mafioso" "kick without dirtying your hands!" I don't think the mafia will take kindly to a little tubby no mark like you bandying their name around, in any case, isn't the mafia "old hat" these days? I thought the new fear was from the Russians? ie FALA? (Ask Sergy Malinka if you don't believe me!)
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:36 am

I wonder if they can now study his bank balance, going back to May 2007? I wonder what it would reveal?
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:44 am

I hope they don't seize Sofia's very large designer sunglasses, she may be needed them! No, I do not think that domestic violence is funny, but then neither do I think it funny that a family is living in fear of answering their phone, or living in their house or walking the streets and I cetainly do not think it is any laughing matter that their little baby daughter is picking up on her parents fears and nervousness, so much so that the poor child is now crying all the time!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:46 am

vee8 wrote:I wonder if they can now study his bank balance, going back to May 2007? I wonder what it would reveal?

Quite a lot I would imagine! Remember that rumour about that very large payment to a GNR? mmmm watch out for this weekend's blog! GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! Affraid
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:46 am

Very interesting - glad to hear they have frozen Gonc's assets. Nothing seems to be going Gonc's way - that's really long overdue!!
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:44 am

It sounds interesting Rosie.
I hope the likes of TB, Butler, Bren, Amber and a good few more are taking note of this.
It wont stop with Amaral.
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicane Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:18 pm

Bit late, but this is really good news!!!
Chicane
Chicane
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-09-02

http://maddiemaccann.hyves.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:02 pm

22 October 2009 - 00h30

'Maddie - The truth of lies': McCann asking 1.2 million euros in damages

Assets frozen

The share of Gonçalo Amaral in his one-man, one-third of his salary as manager and the values delivered to the company by way of copyright or trademarks generic because of work done by the former coordinator of the Judicial Police have arrested the order of proceedings for damages brought by the McCanns.

GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! Ca967162-b341-4feb-88dd-fecb0766bf67_738D42D9-134C-4FBE-A85A-DA00E83FDC20_EE67D75E-E7BB-4558-A4AA-69C0E4BFC3A1_img_detalhe_noticia_pt_1
"This is a siege. They are trying to choke me in the office," said the former CM said.
The claim follows the injunction that banned the book 'Maddie - The Truth Lies', written by Goncalo Amaral, who led the investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine in the Algarve. The English family - Kate, Gerry and children, including Maddie - asking 1.2 million euros to the former coordinator. The attachment is a precautionary measure until the decision of that process.
António Cabrita, Gonçalo Amaral's lawyer, has joined the defense in the process of compensation. "What is at issue here is an unconstitutional decision, to the extent that the book reflects the right of expression and freedom of opinion," the CM said the barrister. António Cabrita the defense claims that the book has no way offensive to the McCann family, or accuse them of killing his daughter. And it underscores the findings of Amaral's book are the same as the lawsuit filed its final report leaves open several possibilities, including murder.
Gonçalo Amaral suspicion of intention of choking financial, given the high cost of court fees in order to contest and for which legal aid is sought (see support)."I do not have a background check, to finance my defense," said Gonçalo Amaral. He concludes: "Not only am deprived of my basic right to freedom of expression but also face constraints related to my defense."
DETAILS
SUPPORT
The rate of pay justiçaa to contest a claim deindemnização of 1.2 million euros is worth more than two thousand euros.Amaral asked for legal aid, the quea defense could be made, although there is still no decision on support.
PUBLISHER
The publisher War and Peace was also reported to counteract the claims for royalties payable to Gonçalo Amaral. You will also be notified to the Valentim de Carvalho, because of a video based on the book, but could not confirm the information by the close of the issue.
VALUES
The McCann arrives at a figure of 1.2 million claiming that Amaral received 25% of copyright and charging for interviews. "Não é verdade", diz Amaral. "Not true," says Amaral. The book is sold in 5 countries and was to come to England when the action arose.
Paulo Marcelino Paulo Marcelino
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:24 pm

"This is a siege. They are trying to choke me in the office," said the former CM said.

If only..........................But I hope they have the sense to ask Amaral where Madeleine is and who took her before they choke him. (Do they want a hand?)

I think this is a forerunner to the arrest of the man himself. He needs to be arrested, made an official witness and forced to reveal what he knows about the *abduction* of Madeleine McCann! I have been calling for this for over two years, it *HAS* to happen, until this does, then Madeleine's abuductors are getting away with their heinous crimes (yes I did say crimes, there is more than one!)
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:43 pm

I know I'd like someone to choke him and it wouldn't be in his office whatever that means !

Have wondered......if he transferred money/things into Sofia's name...could it still be taken ?
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:32 am

Catkins wrote:I know I'd like someone to choke him and it wouldn't be in his office whatever that means !

Have wondered......if he transferred money/things into Sofia's name...could it still be taken ?

Cat, Sofia has a good job in the Mayors office, shame the pig won't be standing for Mayor now GONZO'S PROFITS SIEZED! 4.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:39 am

He and his lawyer are misrepresenting the constitutional position. The right to freedom of speech (or expression) does not override an individuals legal rights to protection against defamation. That is why this is going before a judge, as it is up to the judge to decide.

And just a note, I seriously doubt that the position that freedom of speech is being denied will be allowed as a defence in a libel case. This is not a constitutional issue but a civil liability one.

Gonc and his lawyer are trying to get public opinion on their side, but it wont make any difference when it comes to the court judgement which will be based on law, not public opinion.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:03 am

"Free speech" does not protect libelous and defamatory remarks. That's the way it's always been, that's the way it always will be. Even here in the States, with our 1st Amendment protections and our reverse-British libel laws, free speech only protects "protected speech" - libel and defamation are not protected categories of speech. They simply are not IMPORTANT or TRIVIAL enough to deserve protection, if that makes sense. Speech is protected when it is so important it must be heard for democracy to survive; on the flip side, simple insults and remarks are so every day and "harmless" as to reputation, etc. that is would clog the courts and dampen the impact of real libel and defamation to not protect them.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:04 am

I also don't think the judge is going to care about his, "Oh, actually, I need that money because I've been living off this book since I quit my job, so I can't afford to hire lawyers for a defense otherwise. Yeah, sorry, it'll just be gone if I lose...."

Not happening.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum