Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing British backpacker found alive

+2
sadie
Pedro Silva
6 posters

Go down

Missing British backpacker found alive Empty Missing British backpacker found alive

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:35 am

Missing British backpacker found alive after 12 days in Australian bush: Jamie Neale has been found alive after going missing in the Australian bush for nearly two weeks. Mr. Neale, 19, had not been seen since July 3, when he left his hostel in the town of Katoomba, New South Wales, for a walk in the Blue Mountains. He was discovered by two hikers, exhausted and dehydrated. For more information, please see Daily Mail or Sky News. This was taken from Matthew James, today.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Missing British backpacker found alive Empty Re: Missing British backpacker found alive

Post by sadie Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:11 am

Splendid news Pedro

Thanks for letting us know. Am going to show this to my daughter when i see her next; she is always off backpacking in wild, wonderful and dangerous places and often on her own.

Here I am at home a poor worried old Mum!!

"Have just got into a taxi with Shalia.....(her Pakistani/ Parisenne friend who has an MBA in business studies and has buddhist leanings, but is Muslim and lives in New York!! My daughter has friends of all colours and creeds all over the world, and they are all interesting people who have done lots of amazing things).....and eight Arab men and we are just going deep into the desert", comes the text message. I am demented with fear!

Another time she was in Khatmandu just having come down from Everest Base camp. She and Shalia were short of money and wanted to stretch it as far as they could . They found out that they could have full board and lodgings in a Buddhist monastry for, (I think it was) under £5 per week, but had to take some training in Buddhism. They decided to spend a tenner on it each.

I got this text, "We are going to be the only girls in a Buddhist Monastry for the next two weeks. Dont worry we shall have almost 300 monks to protect us"..

Worry!! That isn't the word for it; two pretty girls and 300 blokes! Buddhist monks are generally heteresexual.

They had a few propositions but they came through it unscathed, thank goodness.

These youngsters have got to go out, meet different cultures and explore; they grow through it, but it aint half worrying for Mum and Dad at home

So pleased that this young man has been rescued. So pleased for him and his Mum and Dad, family and friends

Thanks again Pedro. Do you go back packing?

Last edited by sadie on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Missing British backpacker found alive Empty Re: Missing British backpacker found alive

Post by sadie Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:51 am

Have you whooshed your post Pedro? It seemed to there a a minute ago and now it's gone!

Sounds good Pedro. The Algarve has so many beatiful places; good beaches, amazing rock formations: interesting old towns like Lagos; beautiful harbours; Historic interest; the weather and such a lovely gentle people. You are a lucky man Pedro having all that on hand. i want to visit the Silver coast and Lisbon and Oporto and more of the the Douro valley. Some gorgeous wines come from there

My daughter does the camping and apartment bit too + smart hotels. She sometimes flies her bicycle with her, because she is like her old mum; she loves to look around the next corner and meet people of different races and cultures in their natural setting and off the beaten track.
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:19 am

You welcome my friend, I´m not a backpacked, but I used to go camping at algarve (it started when I was the same age of our sweet madeleine) then, also at algarve, I used to go to rented apartment.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:39 am

We thought for sure that this young bloke was done for. I just read that he ate some seeds and a bit of grass (he said rocket, but umm, no it doesnt grow wild in Australia) and would have found water to drink in the dew in the morning (as well it has rained while he was lost).

But all in all,he is the luckiest young man in the world. Maybe next time he wont go by himself, take his phone and learn just what you should do if you get lost.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:04 am

dianeh wrote:We thought for sure that this young bloke was done for. I just read that he ate some seeds and a bit of grass (he said rocket, but umm, no it doesnt grow wild in Australia) and would have found water to drink in the dew in the morning (as well it has rained while he was lost).

But all in all,he is the luckiest young man in the world. Maybe next time he wont go by himself, take his phone and learn just what you should do if you get lost.

I am a suspicious natured person.LOL......Something just didn't strike me as right.........Then I see on the News earlier some others have said this...........Probably mistaken though.........
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:44 am

I read the story yesterday and saw it on the news. He really was in the bush for that time. He had some basic knowledge of the bush which did him well. The real problem was the cold, and he seems to have dealt with it OK.

It is reported he is suffering exposure etc, so he was there. It seems he broke the cardinal rule, he kept moving about and kept missing the search teams. He was in the same areas as them but it is so rugged that they could only see a few metres. If he had stayed put, on a trail, he would have been found earlier. And here is a tip if you go hiking in rugged mountainous country, go with someone who knows what they are doing.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:47 pm

dianeh wrote:I read the story yesterday and saw it on the news. He really was in the bush for that time. He had some basic knowledge of the bush which did him well. The real problem was the cold, and he seems to have dealt with it OK.

It is reported he is suffering exposure etc, so he was there. It seems he broke the cardinal rule, he kept moving about and kept missing the search teams. He was in the same areas as them but it is so rugged that they could only see a few metres. If he had stayed put, on a trail, he would have been found earlier. And here is a tip if you go hiking in rugged mountainous country, go with someone who knows what they are doing.
Laffin I prefer the open Hills and Mountains........
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:30 pm

Apparently some press reports from Britain doubting his story. Police here have confirmed again, that his story checks out, and his physical condition is appropriate for someone lost in the bush for 12 days.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:59 pm

I knew each time I looked at his piccy he was alive. Strong feeling and a sense of a woman with dark hair and wearing a waistcoat kept coming in close to me. Repeating he was alive and to keep looking. I never doubted after that.
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:44 pm

I thought he was alive because his mum insisted he was still alive!

His dad, apparently was fearing the worse and even made a shrine to him but his mum insisted her son was still alive because she 'felt it'.
This is why I think Madeleine is still alive, not only because I feel it but hugely more significant is because Kate says she 'feels it' and Kate would know if Madeleine wasn't.
How many of us as mothers or aunts or sisters etc when we pick up the phone know something is not right before the person calling gets the first word finished? And I know this is going to sound crazy but I swear I can tell from the sound of telephone when something is not right! affraid mental Laughing

That is what I believe was happening to his mum, she was picking it up from her son and thank God it all ended like this and I hope he has learned his lesson about going into the bush like that, the idiot. Still he has learned his lesson, trouble comes I think that to us ordinary Brits who do not really understand quite how dense or vast the bush is, the nearest we come to anything like that are our forests in our national parks and they can be dangerous enough, but still they are absolutely nothing like the bush in Australia and to boot, even if we do get lost, we are not likely to get attacked by some kind of creepy crawly predator, unless we fear getting pecked by a woodpecker lol.

One thing Jamie's dad said resonated with me, he said there was apparently 50 people out searching for his son in the area that he was apparently lost in and he flew over the area and he said he never set eyes on one of them! That made me realise how dense it must be!
Jamie is very lucky and at least he knew enough to keep him alive, but why on earth did he move? isn't that the Cardinal rule? Not moving and staying put? Still I suppose that is easier said than done, fear can make you do some crazy things and I think you must lose track of time.

One thing is for sure, he can now write a book about his experiences, that would be an interesting read!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:11 am

Rosie

Oh the dad flying over the search zone and not seeing the searchers, all of them where flouro shirts with reflective strips etc. And they still cant be seen.

To contrast, a man and his dog went for walk along a river in central NSW coastal area on Saturday afternoon and got lost. Once he realised he was lost, he stayed put, and hoped for morning to come. His naughty dog wouldnt let him cuddle up though, whereas my dog would give its tail for lots of cuddles. In the morning, he heard the helicopter and because he had already found a clearing he stood in the middle of it. And he was found straight away, so spent only 12 hours in the bush.

The young man, Jamie, was very lucky to get out alive.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down