Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New clues being ignored by Portuguese police.

+2
AlexG
vee8
6 posters

Go down

New clues being ignored by Portuguese police. Empty New clues being ignored by Portuguese police.

Post by vee8 Tue May 26, 2009 8:01 am

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Madeleine-McCann-New-Clues-Are-Being-Ignored-By-Portuguese-Police-According-To-Sky-News-Sources/Article/200905415288536?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15288536_Madeleine_McCann%3A_New_Clues_Are_Being_Ignored_By_Portuguese_Police%2C_According_To_Sky_News_Sources

Madeleine: Police Are 'Ignoring' New Clues

Martin Brunt, crime correspondent
New clues in the Madeleine McCann case are being ignored by Portuguese police, according to sources in Portugal.

Witnesses who have tried to pass on information about potential new sightings of Madeleine have been told by detectives they will not investigate "because the case is closed and Madeleine is dead."
It is understood details of four possible sightings were given to the Algarve detectives recently but were not followed up.
The Portuguese authorities called off their investigation last summer when they ran out of leads, saying they would re-open it only for a major development.
The revelation comes as the McCann's private investigators gave new suspect Raymond Hewlett, 64, an ultimatum to talk to them.

They spent the day trying to see him in the hospital in Aachen, Germany, where he is being treated for cancer.
They hoped his wife Marianna had paved the way for an interview, but they were not allowed in and Hewlett made no offer to speak to the detectives.
The McCanns' spokesman Clarence Mitchell told Sky News: "Raymond Hewlett has been made well aware of the investigators' desire to speak to him and the former detectives helping Kate and Gerry are still awaiting a definitive response from him.

"Clearly, if he is to be eliminated in the investigation it is incumbent on him to speak to them while they are in Germany and they continue to hope he will do so.
"The investigators will overnight in Germany and they are hopeful they can talk to Mr Hewlett by Tuesday morning at the latest."
Hewlett, a paedophile with a string of convictions in the UK, was living on the Algarve an hour's drive from the resort where Madeleine vanished two years ago.
He has denied any involvement in her disappearance.

What the hell is going on?? I thought we were past this when gonzo was taken off the case? why are they still ignoring leads?
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

New clues being ignored by Portuguese police. Empty Re: New clues being ignored by Portuguese police.

Post by AlexG Tue May 26, 2009 8:14 am

Deleted

Last edited by AlexG on Mon May 17, 2010 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

New clues being ignored by Portuguese police. Empty Re: New clues being ignored by Portuguese police.

Post by clairesy Tue May 26, 2009 9:09 am

Is this for real??? For goodness sake what 'major development' do they require before they get up and do something.Are they waiting for her abductor to walk into the station with her in his arms and say...''here she is'' before they do anything??Do they not feel that potential sighting of Madeleine is extremely important and should be followed up immediately???Is it because they cant be bothered to get up and do the investigating???

As the saying goes.............

the lights are on but nobody's in.

Why oh why are they not following up these calls??IMO the private investigators should make recorded call to them and see for themselves just how bad these police are.If i was working on the case i would call the police in question and test them on their reaction to such news.If i was told they weren't going to follow it up i would have those officers sacked .This is sickening to say the very least.Im soo frustrated for kate and gerry.

IMO the Portuguese police are afraid of what Kate,gerry and the privates are about to find out.And therefore they will refuse toplay a part of their own executions. Why else would they refuse to help find a defences little girl when someone as caled to say they belive they have just seen her?
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Tue May 26, 2009 9:22 am

Deleted

Last edited by AlexG on Mon May 17, 2010 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Tue May 26, 2009 9:55 am

hi alex,

the case might be closed but they stated they would re-open it if a major development came in.I have always wondered and feared that Madeleine might have died not long after she was snatched from the apartments that night,i hope she wasn't killed.But it is something i think about a lot..........however i still believe she should be treated as a child who is alive and findable until it is proven otherwise.

BUT...where you say they believe her to be dead so any sighting would be a ghost i disagree because a even the judge in Portugal says there is no evidence to suggest she is dead. Its one of the reasons that gonc was taken off the case.
His obsession with trying to prove things that weren't there and not focusing on the actual evidence was becoming a headache for others to.His attacks on the British police etc etc..
So i don't believe they think madeleine is dead. However i do believe they wish the case to be dead,simply because they dont want the media attention there anymore,it was too much before and its certainly to much now.When media and public turned on the authorities in Portugal their attention seemed to quickly sway onto the mccanns and an attempt to pin them with Madeleine's disappearance was soon headlines.It turned the tables dramatically.And imo that was there way out of this mess.To re-open it and once again start drawing attention to the mess they have made will cause more devastation to the reputation of the so called good old pj and the history they have.Having that dragged up into the forefront again isnt what they would want.
The only ghosts from the past they are likely to encounter now are their own buried troubles.They might very well think a call to the police stating someone as spotted her to be a wrong lead but what interests me is what would they consider a right lead???Do they know whats happens then??If not how can they consider a sighting of Madeleine to be a wrong lead without investigating it?What major lead are they waiting for? The one they know about?
They know nothing about the case,so how can they seriously decide whats right here?Whats a major lead etc and whats not?You see they are still only investigating the leads they consider important aint they,but why?Why would they do that in all fairness they know nothing so far.....imo all leads are equally important and should be follwed up.

How would i get the officer sacked???Hmmm good question alex because in all fairness even if i had a mountain of evidence against an officer out there no one would take no notice.So i guess i would end up getting an ear bashing myself.I would be named and ridiculed in the papers and the said officer probably given a bottle of the finest wine and given a three hour lunch break in order to ponder on his/her actions!
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Tue May 26, 2009 9:59 am

The PJ are playing a dangerous game here. If Madeleine is found, then it will not look good for them, particulalry if one of these sightings was the real one.

It would take nothing to get a policeman to go and talk to the person who gave the tip to police.

I dont really know how they can be so certain she is dead without any evidence. All the evidence they have is inconclusive, they dont know what happened to her. If it were me, I would investigate the sightings even if it were just to make sure I wasnt made to look like a fool in the long run.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Tue May 26, 2009 11:18 am

Last edited by AlexG on Thu May 05, 2011 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

New clues being ignored by Portuguese police. Empty Alex

Post by maria Tue May 26, 2009 10:42 pm

The ends DO NOT justify the means. Please.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hael Tue May 26, 2009 10:48 pm

WTF pullinghairout I cant believe what I just read.
Not going to follow up on leads because they believe she is dead. If Sky sources are correct, then HEADS MUST ROLL over this!

Hael
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Wed May 27, 2009 3:07 am

AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down