Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amaral Sentenced!!

+9
Rosie
vee8
calcite51
Tinkerbell43
TommyT
dianeh
Pedro Silva
rosemary
IwanttheTruth
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Amaral Sentenced!! Empty Amaral Sentenced!!

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2009 3:10 am

Gonçalo Amaral was sentenced to a year and a half in prison with suspended sentence for misrepresentation of evidence

waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy

Back to top Go down

Amaral Sentenced!! Empty Re: Amaral Sentenced!!

Post by calcite51 Sat May 23, 2009 3:26 am

Oh, happy days! He deserved a longer sentence but I was concerned that he would not receive ANY sentencing when I heard the judge was a friend of his. Guess they're not very good friends anymore. Ididn'tdoit clapping
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by IwanttheTruth Sat May 23, 2009 3:27 am

Hi Do you have a link please? Thanks

IwanttheTruth
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 23, 2009 3:37 am

Here you go.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/05/cirpriano-casepj-inspectors-accused-at.html

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemary Sat May 23, 2009 3:45 am

well well well, wheels within wheels within wheels.........I am just wondering if Kate and Gerry had some notice of this being a likelihood and their move was timed accordingly. We shall probably never know. But what is important is this incredible news......justification at long long last.....

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sat May 23, 2009 4:53 am

applause

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Sat May 23, 2009 5:05 am

ABSO-BLOODY-LUTLY FANTASTIC!

Piggy's little world is now starting to colapse around his disgusting ears! Suspended sentance? Should have hung the fat pig!

I am now hoping and praying that poor woman is released with all possible speed, pending a re-trial and aquittal.

ecstatic ecstatic ecstatic ecstatic ecstatic ecstatic ecstatic ecstatic ecstatic ecstatic ecstatic ecstatic
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Sat May 23, 2009 6:05 am

Madeleine Cop Gets Suspended Sentence

Breaking News

7:52pm UK, Friday May 22, 2009

A Portuguese police chief who previously ran the Madeleine McCann inquiry has been given a suspended jail term over an unrelated case.

Mr Amaral previously led the inquiry into Madeleine's disappearance

Goncalo Amaral was convicted of perjury after an alleged attack on the mother of another missing girl.
He was among five officers of the Policia Judiciara in Portimao accused of "scenes of aggression" against Leonor Cipriano, whose nine-year-old daughter, Joana, vanished in September 2004.
Three officers were cleared of torture but Mr Amaral was found guilty of falsifying documents and given an 18-month suspended sentence.

Leonor Cipriano

Clarence Mitchell, a spokesman for Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry McCann, said the couple thought the conviction "speaks for itself".
Mr Amaral was the officer in charge of the Madeleine investigation when her parents were made official suspects.
He was later removed from the case after speaking out against British officers and he then retired.
Sky's crime correspondent Martin Brunt said Mr Amaral was "a controversial figure" and added: "This is a real knock to his credibility."
Mr and Mrs McCann are taking legal action against the former police chief over comments he made suggesting Madeleine is dead.

Still missing: Madeleine McCann

The couple, from Rothley, Leicestershire, said they are suing him for defamation because his claims are hampering the search for their daughter.
The McCanns want to block further publication of his book on the case, The Truth Of The Lie.
But Mr Amaral said he plans to counter-sue the pair for "defamation, slanderous denunciations and false statements".
Madeleine was nearly four when she went missing from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007.
Convicted British paedophile Raymond Hewlett has been named as an "individual of interest" in the investigation.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Madeleine-McCann-Former-Police-Chief-Goncalo-Amaral-Given-Suspended-Jail-Term-Over-Unrelated-Case/Article/200905415287142

Last edited by christabel on Sun May 24, 2009 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Sat May 23, 2009 8:09 am

highfive highfive
ModNrodder wrote:Gonçalo Amaral was sentenced to a year and a half in prison with suspended sentence for misrepresentation of evidence

waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy waytoohappy
Better than I expected........ highfive .
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by TommyT Sat May 23, 2009 8:15 am

Sorry to be a downer.

I don't post here much but as this sinks in the true horror of it all becomes apparent.
Madeleine never stood a chance against these corrupt clowns.

This is rough Justice and vital information was lost because lardy boy was too busy making up fantasy stories about the McCanns.
What an asshole. Excuse the French.

This is a good day for Portuguese Justice but a sad day for Madeleine McCann.

TommyT

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Sat May 23, 2009 8:28 am

Tommy

It is very sad that Madeleine never stood a chance.

But it is good that he has been shown for what he is. Perhaps now, the Portuguese govt can instigate an inquiry into the Madeleine investigation and Amaral's handling of the case.

This verdict doesnt give justice to poor little Joanna or her mother, but at least it might prevent it from happening again.

I would hope that the JOanna case would now be re-opened to try to ascertain what actually happened, and try to get some proof of these supposed confessions.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by TommyT Sat May 23, 2009 8:32 am

dianeh wrote:Tommy

It is very sad that Madeleine never stood a chance.

But it is good that he has been shown for what he is. Perhaps now, the Portuguese govt can instigate an inquiry into the Madeleine investigation and Amaral's handling of the case.

This verdict doesnt give justice to poor little Joanna or her mother, but at least it might prevent it from happening again.

I would hope that the JOanna case would now be re-opened to try to ascertain what actually happened, and try to get some proof of these supposed confessions.

Don't get me wrong Dianeh, I welcome this news as I always suspected that he was up to no good but it does leave big questions about how the Madeleine case was prosecuted.

He is now a convicted Liar and one must wonder what else he lied about.

TommyT

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Sat May 23, 2009 8:35 am

Tommy

I knew what you meant, and I totally agree.

Just what were Gonc's motives during the Madeleine investigation? What were Gonc's motives during the Joanna investigation?
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by TommyT Sat May 23, 2009 8:43 am

Just what were Gonc's motives during the Madeleine investigation? What were Gonc's motives during the Joanna investigation?

I think we can see why the McCanns were offered so much protection from Amaral and his cronies, why Kate never answered the questions and why the Tapas never went back for the reconstruction.

It confirms a lot. Amaral was out of his depth and given to a particular brand of policing and now he has been found out.

I would not believe a word that guy says.

(Not that I ever did)

TommyT

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie Sat May 23, 2009 6:56 pm

As ever, Dianeh, you have hit the nail on the head.

[size=18]WHAT WERE GONCS MOTIVES?[/size]
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Sat May 23, 2009 8:12 pm

Yeeeeees! Strike One Yey Right On!

That'll do for starters, cant wait for the main course LardyBoy
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sat May 23, 2009 8:47 pm

Did you know that there has been an internal inquiry (within PJ) re this case and that this inquiry mysteriously vanished? Said yesterday by the Lawyers Bar President after the sentencing...
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 Sun May 24, 2009 1:50 am

Maria, what is the reaction in Portugal of Gonc's sentencing? Maybe there should be another internal inquiry (within PJ) to find out what happened in the inquiry (within PJ). And this doesn't reek of corruption, incompetence when a report of an inquiry goes missing??
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sun May 24, 2009 2:22 am

The reaction around here? Well, for staters, I don't watch TVI so I'm not able to give the reaction of Amaral's army. But all the other media, including the written one, gave the news and showed briefly the reactions after the court session. It looked to me that they (the media) were a bit dizzy and when they realised what happened they simply shut up. As in shame, you know.

But the reactions shown were really enlightening. For instance, Amaral said that he had not been sentenced for the crime he was accused of, he was sentenced for 'just a simple connivance with a forgery'. António Cabrita, lawyer of four of them, said that 'those poor guys have been sentenced because the court took the IML's (Legal Medicine Institute) expert as a credible witness, and if PJ and the justice system go on like this...'. The accusation lawyer, Aragão Correia, stated that the main objective had been reached, now on to discover what happened to Joana. The lawyers bar representative expressed his sadness about something like that could have happened in democratic Portugal.

As you know, both accusation and defense are appealing.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Sun May 24, 2009 2:47 am

Maria, can you explain a bit more about what Aragão Correia will be appealing for? Does he consider the sentence too lenient?
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sun May 24, 2009 7:14 am

Well, the accusation is the prosecutor himself, I don't know if they are appealling, I would guess yes. But the only one who stated he was going to appeal was the Lawyers Bar representative. Aragão Correia is on that side as well. I believe that they will appeal against the fact the the three accused of torture were acquitted, as the court acknowledged that Leonor WAS tortured, only the perpetrator(s) could not be identified, therefore they all came clean. I also think that this could in some way influence the sentences on the other two.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Sun May 24, 2009 7:21 am

maria wrote: I also think that this could in some way influence the sentences on the other two.

In what way Maria?
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sun May 24, 2009 7:39 am

Chris

I hope it will make them more 'meaningful'! You see, I feel it is ridiculous that a police officer who forges a document and lies about how he got the information he is describing actually gets MORE prison time than his BOSS who accepts and endorses it. Afterall, the boss is more responsible and has a higher salary, isn't it?
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Sun May 24, 2009 7:45 am

maria wrote:Chris

I hope it will make them more 'meaningful'! You see, I feel it is ridiculous that a police officer who forges a document and lies about how he got the information he is describing actually gets MORE prison time than his BOSS who accepts and endorses it. Afterall, the boss is more responsible and has a higher salary, isn't it?

Thanks Maria,

Yes very odd that, did he jump or was he pushed? Scapegoat comes to mind!
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sun May 24, 2009 7:51 am

How do you know that Goncalo Amaral is lying?

His lips move!

Ididn'tdoit Ididn'tdoit Ididn'tdoit
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next