Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maddie clues in resort

+2
sadie
christabel
6 posters

Go down

Maddie clues in resort Empty Maddie clues in resort

Post by christabel Sun May 03, 2009 10:14 am

Maddie clues in resort

Maddie clues in resort Maddie516_37508a

By Dominic Herbert & Matthew Drake, 03/05/2009
THE KEY to solving the Madeleine McCann mystery still lies in the Portuguese resort where she vanished, according to a new investigation.

Two British cops hired by Maddie's parents have uncovered fresh leads pointing to the area within 10 MILES of the holiday apartment where the pretty three-year-old went missing-exactly two years ago today.

It will be a heart-rending anniversary for Kate and Gerry McCann - but their hopes have been buoyed up by the findings of the experienced detectives who reviewed a 30,000-page Portuguese "cold case" police file.

Suspect

They expect a TV reconstruction of the night Madeleine disappeared in Praia da Luz, which features dad Gerry, will bring forward new witnesses and fresh clues.

Their sleuths believe the family were being WATCHED during their holiday and that Madeleine's abduction was carefully PLANNED.
Maddie clues in resort Kate280_37509a HOPING: Sad Kate

They are trying to identify a mystery man seen nearby by several witnesses on the fateful day in 2007.

He matches the description of a suspect seen carrying a child away from the Ocean Club complex where the family were staying.

Helping to recreate the scene for the TV documentary, Gerry entered the bedroom of apartment 5a, where Madeleine was left sleeping alongside twins Sean and Amelie, now four.

The film of him reliving his nightmare for the first time since Maddie vanished will be shown on Channel4 on Thursday night.
Maddie clues in resort Maddie_poster_2504_36234a HUNT: Our reward

The family will be spending today quietly at home in Rothley, Leicestershire. But mum Kate, 41, is hoping the release yesterday of a dramatic picture showing how Madeleine might look now she is almost six will lead to a breakthrough.

Kate insists: "She's findable. She might look different, she could be speaking a different language but you know she's still our daughter."

Retired detective inspector Dave Edgar, 52, who leads the search team, said: "Someone local to Praia has the answer to this. We're doing this reconstruction of the night because there's a lot of unanswered questions."

The Maddie hunt is backed by a £1.5m News of the World reward.

Cutting Edge: Madeleine Was Here will be shown on Thursday at 9pm on C4.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Maddie clues in resort Empty Re: Maddie clues in resort

Post by christabel Sun May 03, 2009 10:37 am

TUNNELS BENEATH RESORT MAY BE CLUE TO MYSTERY

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/98630/Tunnels-beneath-resort-may-be-clue-to-mystery
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie Sun May 03, 2009 10:57 am

christabel wrote:TUNNELS BENEATH RESORT MAY BE CLUE TO MYSTERY

I find it amazing that the Romans should build such tunnels; the work invoved would be horrendous and i cant understand what they would be used for. i think the Estrela appartments are the ones that the Smiths have an appartment in, aren't they? And they are way back from the sea front in line with Ocean Club appartments, I think. Wonder if the tunnels go all the way from there to the sea front? I understand that two tunnels open up in the rock face that is just to the right of the little rocky cove/beach.

I just wonder if they are ancient Lava tubes which the Romans lined with rock/marble whatever? On GEarth, the whole area has fascinating features, and there are strange markings and openings in the Earth that I dont understand

Will try and Google Earth the Estrela appartments to confirm where they are and let you know.

These tunnels may well hold the answers; time will tell. Fingers crossed.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/98630/Tunnels-beneath-resort-may-be-clue-to-mystery
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Sun May 03, 2009 11:02 am

Also under the Church Sadie. Outside of the church wall at the front there is a large grid/drain too.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Sun May 03, 2009 11:09 am

Key to Madeleine mystery 'in Algarve'

Published Date:
03 May 2009

By Tim Walsh

SOMEONE
living in or around Praia da Luz – the Algarve resort where Madeleine
McCann vanished – knows what happened to her, claim the private
detectives employed by her parents to find the little girl.

Speaking
publicly about the inquiry for the first time in a Channel 4
documentary to be aired this week, the two former UK police detectives
say the answer still lies in that small section of the Portuguese
coast.

They say one statement, in police files released last summer,
apparently corroborates the sighting by a friend of Madeleine's parents
of a man carrying a small girl in the area at the time she went
missing. They also found statements from tourists who noticed a
suspicious-looking man hanging around near the McCanns' apartment the
evening she disappeared, as well as statements suggesting the family
may have been watched in the days before.The documentary,
Cutting Edge: Madeleine Was Here, follows detectives Dave Edgar and
Arthur Cowley as they try to piece together the reports of
eyewitnesses. Today is the second anniversary of Madeleine's
disappearance.

Edgar, a retired detective inspector with more
than 30 years' experience in Cheshire and the RUC, is leading the
probe. He said: "There's someone local, lives locally, who has the
answer to this, and not much wider than 10km, 15km away from Praia da
Luz. It's a very self-contained resort, and that's where we've started
and that's where I think the answer is."

Portuguese police
released some 30,000 files of information about their investigation
when the case was shelved last summer. Now translated into English, at
a cost of £100,000, the files are yielding new leads for the private
detectives. One key statement appears to corroborate the sighting by
the McCanns' friend Jane Tanner, who told police she saw a man carrying
a small girl near the couple's holiday apartment on May 3, 2007, at
around 9.10pm. On the same night, a family also saw a man carrying a
blonde child nearby. Their and Tanner's descriptions of the man are
similar.

The investigators hope the documentary and a
reconstruction filmed with Gerry McCann may jog the memories of people
who were in Praia da Luz at the time of the apparent abduction.

"In
my experience random just doesn't happen; someone just doesn't go in, a
passer-by, and pick up a child and take it," Edgar said. "These things
are planned. So someone will have been in the vicinity of apartment 5a,
the Ocean Club, and they may even have been watching the apartment for
a week or more."

In the documentary, Gerry McCann returns for
the first time to the apartment where he last saw his daughter. "We're
a happy family but we're not a complete family," he said. "There's
still a scar, a deep, deep scar that's kind of knitted at the minute,
but you still think it might break or come loose, the stitches of it."

The
film also shows the return to the Algarve of Ms Tanner and Matthew
Oldfield, two friends from the group known as the "Tapas 7" who were on
holiday with the McCanns at the time.

• Cutting Edge: Madeleine Was Here, will be shown on Channel 4 on Thursday at 9pm.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Not sure why this report i have pasted as come pout like this LOl..........but i just pasted it here to add to sadies report posted.

It tells off other statements in the police files that have obviously been urrrm,over looked by police in order to follow leads they feel were more important.This family who saw the man carrying a blond child obviously saw the same guy that Jane tanner saw(imo anyway) or least its extremely likely.After all pdl is a sleepy town yer....not many poeple around???So how many guys were actually carrying a blond child at that time that night???

IMO its easy to see that outside that apartment on 3rd may in that very sleepy town, many poeple saw that guy carrying madeleine away. Why as it not bee that obvious and clear for a lot of other folk to see? Hmmm seems to me some poeple are that wrapped up in their own theories here they fail to see what lies right before their very eyes.

What was that saying again...............'cant see the wood through/for the trees'.(something like that) In other words they cant bl@@dy see whats right infront of them.

Lets hope the reason the mccanns have stayed back in the media recent months is because they have been building all this together with privates and now have something that will lead to new leads in this case.............positive leads that WILL be followed up accordingly regardless of their thoughts and beliefs.......because madeleine is important to them, and what happened to her to that night WILL be found out.

Last edited by christabel on Sun May 03, 2009 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Condensed)
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Sun May 03, 2009 11:54 am

Surely they are referring to the Smith families sighting. Dont tell me they didnt know anything about this until they combed the files ? A key statement and they wasn't told, I cant quite believe what I'm reading!
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sun May 03, 2009 7:27 pm

I also found a witness deposition that has never surfaced the news. I'll try to translate her statement this morning. On second thoughts, I am not translating it, as it is a very accurate account about an individual watching the McCanns apartment on different occasions given by a very young teenager. In my opinion, too much danger.

But the reason I came to this thread is that YET ANOTHER witness popped up on SIC tv station yesterday, wishing to remain anonymous (no name, distorted voice, blurred picture), accusing Kate of contacting her and asking her to say everything she knew, she had seen nothing as she was on a three day holiday then, and she will tell whatever she knows to Amaral (now, she knows or doesn't know?). She even showed a mobile screen where 'Kate McCann' appeared three times, either as a received msg or call.She lives near the church, place through where Amaral believes Madeleine's body has been taken. She also says that Susan (anglican priest's wife) and a former SY investigator hired by the family, Arthur Bailey (?) contacted her personally.

A very important detail, SIC tv acquired the rights of Oprah's and CH4's programs, but so far nothing has been said about airing them.

Last edited by maria on Sun May 03, 2009 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie Sun May 03, 2009 8:15 pm

christabel wrote:Also under the Church Sadie. Outside of the church wall at the front there is a large grid/drain too.

HMM? Interesting. The dogs marked at the church, didn't they?
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Sun May 03, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi tinks,

i take it to mean that these are all new things found in the files,not old of course i don't know for sure, however the reconstruction to be aired on tv shortly will give details of this and the new suspect they are hunting.

The wording 'family' is what made me think of the smiths although t the same time the report seems to be talking about something we don't already know about.Baffling isn't it,i no doubt we will soon find out though what it is that they have found in them files.

odd though because originally the smith familly reported the guy with the child was gerry!!!
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sun May 03, 2009 9:14 pm

Clair, it wasn't 'originally' that Gerry was pointed out by the Smith family, and not even the 'Smith family', just Martin Smith and apparently his wife (she didn't give any statement). The man carrying the child was also seen by other members of the family who gave a statement and did NOT give a second statement or agreed with Martin Smith on his 'opinion' about the man being Gerry.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Tue May 05, 2009 11:02 am

maria wrote:I also found a witness deposition that has never surfaced the news. I'll try to translate her statement this morning. On second thoughts, I am not translating it, as it is a very accurate account about an individual watching the McCanns apartment on different occasions given by a very young teenager. In my opinion, too much danger.

But the reason I came to this thread is that YET ANOTHER witness popped up on SIC tv station yesterday, wishing to remain anonymous (no name, distorted voice, blurred picture), accusing Kate of contacting her and asking her to say everything she knew, she had seen nothing as she was on a three day holiday then, and she will tell whatever she knows to Amaral (now, she knows or doesn't know?). She even showed a mobile screen where 'Kate McCann' appeared three times, either as a received msg or call.She lives near the church, place through where Amaral believes Madeleine's body has been taken. She also says that Susan (anglican priest's wife) and a former SY investigator hired by the family, Arthur Bailey (?) contacted her personally.

A very important detail, SIC tv acquired the rights of Oprah's and CH4's programs, but so far nothing has been said about airing them.

Hi Maria

seems that a few people saw someone watching the apartment, but the PJ have dismissed it each time. Like I have said before just because someone has a reason to be in PDL, like a tradesman or worker in the resort, doesnt mean they are not involved, and by no means is a reason for them staring at the apartment for any length of time.

But I am very interested in the second part of your post. So this woman goes on tv saying that Kate has contacted her to come forward (even has Kate's name on her phone, which BTW means nothing, it certainly doesnt indicate that Kate even rang her), but she knows nothing because she was away for 3 days. ALso, the reverend and his wife contacted her. But she knows nothing and she will tell this 'nothing' only to Amaral. Terrific, she wont even talk to the real police. If she wasnt even there for the 3 days, why would anyone even contact her. Seems to me a set up, either by the woman inquestion to get her 15 minutes of fame, or by the tv station itself. It is just too suspicious. The McCanns detectives need to find her. If it is true that Kate contacted her, then they would already know who she is, as would the reverend. My bet is the whole thing is a pack of lies.

Are you suggesting that Oprah interview wont be screened? I think they will screen it. It would not have been cheap to buy, so it would be very strange indeed if it were not screened, after all tv stations are out to make money and will not simply throw money away. If they dont screen it, then they also need to be investigate.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Tue May 05, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi maria,

thanks for clearing that for me LOl i thought it was the whole fmaily. Gonc seemed to be excited by them didn't he....saying how hes going to get them flown back to Portugal to be questioned etc. Its seems to me that every single witness statement as be translated by mind to mean what the police want it to mean. In other words if someone says the car is red don't try to assume they mean it was actually blue!!!
Its only now that the mccanns detectives have the files that these witnesses are able to give the true account of what their statements actually mean.So its only now that we as the public are getting a fuller insight into certain things we once thought we knew LOl.Geez that was confusing.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Wed May 06, 2009 7:55 am

Diane

Yes they aired it, although at a very late time and, in my opnion, somewhat 'doctored'. But the good news is that since even before the airing, RTP didn't stop talking about it, and today both SIC and RTP have had long news and excerpts of it. And quite good excerpts too.

But SIC during its morning chat show, interviewed Carlos Anjos, the PJ union president, who is as 'knowledgeable' of the case as Amaral... And of course they share the same opinions, views, certainties...

About that woman. OK, let's hope she will help Amaral to press to reopen the case...
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Wed May 06, 2009 10:39 am

Maria

Im glad it was aired, I just couldnt see that it wouldnt be, not with the amount it would cost to get the rights to it.

It is good that it is being discussed, and that a 'different' view is coming forward. I wouldnt expect anything different from Anjos. I saw him on the Panorama documentary and his body language was very telling. He was very defensive. But I put this down to him being in the 'old boys club', and he is just looking after one of his own.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down