Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have we spoke too soon?

3 posters

Go down

Have we spoke too soon? Empty Have we spoke too soon?

Post by vee8 Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:33 am

This was just posted on the Virgin Media 'Big debates' board a short time ago, in response to my saying Tony's book had been pulled by Amazon for legal reasons.

Yes, it was withdrawn for legal reasons, the reasons being that Amazon had no asked for permission to distribute this book, neither had they reached any agreement with it's authors/publishers.

Tony Bennett himself wrote to Amazon to request that they stop selling the book (which isn't even printed yet) immediately, until an agreement has been made.

The book will be available on The Madeleine Foundation website (paypal available) just as soon as it is printed.

Now something seems odd here. Why would a respected bookstore like Amazon attempt to sell a book without the author's concent? They must have been given a proof copy from someone? If it looks like this book is still a threat, what are our options? What's our next step? Would contacting Paypal, in an attempt to suspend his account achieve anything?
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Have we spoke too soon? Empty Re: Have we spoke too soon?

Post by Tinkerbell43 Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:51 am

Hi Vee, not sure whether I buy what that poster has said, its probably a face saving exercise.

However, they must have been in some negotiations for the poster to say they hadn't "reached" an agreement. Amazon also must of known it wasn't available for distribution or they wouldn't have been taking advance orders.

Nah, there's more to this, I would suggest its more propaganda from you know who.

I think all we can continue to do, is keep giving it as much negative publicity as we can and maybe encourage other pro forums to do what they can ie with reference to Vexatious Litigant. Re Paypal, I don't think you have anything to lose, I believe someone has already taken this initiative!
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by honestbroker Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:08 am

vee8 wrote:This was just posted on the Virgin Media 'Big debates' board a short time ago, in response to my saying Tony's book had been pulled by Amazon for legal reasons.

Yes, it was withdrawn for legal reasons, the reasons being that Amazon had no asked for permission to distribute this book, neither had they reached any agreement with it's authors/publishers.

Tony Bennett himself wrote to Amazon to request that they stop selling the book (which isn't even printed yet) immediately, until an agreement has been made.

The book will be available on The Madeleine Foundation website (paypal available) just as soon as it is printed.

Now something seems odd here. Why would a respected bookstore like Amazon attempt to sell a book without the author's concent? They must have been given a proof copy from someone? If it looks like this book is still a threat, what are our options? What's our next step? Would contacting Paypal, in an attempt to suspend his account achieve anything?

I suggest, what might well be worthwhile, is to point out to Amazon some of the factual inaccuracies in the book that are also potentially libellous -- inaccuracies such as that Mark Harrison indicated Madeleine died in the apartment. I need to research the point and maybe someone can jog my memory. But I'm sure it's written in the files that someone called Carlos (Carlos Anjos?), a PJ inspector, said Madeleine had died in the apartment. 3A's favourite, Paulo Reis, quotes fairly extensively from Amaral's book what Amaral says Harrison said -- and even by Amaral's account it's nothing like Madeleine died in the apartment.

It's also crucial that Bennett should claim there were two highly trained cadaver dogs. Eddie (we'll excuse his blunder in seizing a potentially crucial piece of forensic evidence in his mouth and tossing it in the air and call him 'highly trained'.) It's (just) possible that what Bennett refers to as the other dog is the Portuguese ground-sniffer dog that, apparently, picked up the living scent of Madeleine and traced it to some distance from the apartment.

How about I give the link in one of the non-public fora to the 30 condensed 'reasons' [why Madeleine wasn't abducted] and we rake it over?

Of course, the reason Amazon should be interested is that if it's wrong and libellous, Amazon will be sued too.

Doubtless there are other errors. The synopsis I've just given is from his condensed '30 points'

honestbroker
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:23 am

Another of his 'reasons' is the testimony of Pamala Fenn, that she heard Madeleine crying for over an hour before someone came to check on her. Apart from the obvious question, how does that prove she died in the appartment, Mrs Fenn is on tv record DENYING ever making such a claim.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by honestbroker Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:33 am

vee8 wrote:Another of his 'reasons' is the testimony of Pamala Fenn, that she heard Madeleine crying for over an hour before someone came to check on her. Apart from the obvious question, how does that prove she died in the appartment, Mrs Fenn is on tv record DENYING ever making such a claim.

I think we need to be cautious with that one, though, Vee, because I think the official PJ files have Mrs Fenn making that claim.

honestbroker
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Number of posts : 211
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down