Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happens if the Madeleine case was reopened by PJ

3 posters

Go down

What happens if the Madeleine case was reopened by PJ Empty What happens if the Madeleine case was reopened by PJ

Post by dianeh Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:35 am

Maria

I am relying on you for this answer.

I read on another forum that the McCanns could have asked the PJ to re-open the case but they didnt. Therefore, this means something bad, you know how it is, WHY DIDNT THEY etc etc.

If the case was re-opened, would the secrecy laws be reinstated? Does that mean anything new would be subject to secrecy and IF the PJ found anything, they would not have to tell the McCanns or British Police anything? WOuld it prevent private detectives from investigating the case in Portugal?

Because if this is the way it works, then it is imperative that the case is not re-opened. At the moment, at least the private detectives can do something in Portugal, and that is at least preferrable to the NOTHING that the PJ were doing.

Any insights you have is most appreciated.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

What happens if the Madeleine case was reopened by PJ Empty Re: What happens if the Madeleine case was reopened by PJ

Post by vee8 Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:16 pm

To the best of my knowledge that is an anti-McCann myth. The case can be re-opened at ANY time, if new evidence comes to light, and I believe some Spanish solicitor is attempting to do just that, because he feels his sighting was ignored and dismissed wrongly by the PJ. There was never any limit placed on the McCann's on which they could demand the case re-opened, the anti filth are just using this lie as another stick to beat them with.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

What happens if the Madeleine case was reopened by PJ Empty Diane

Post by maria Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:06 pm

Vee is correct. There is nothing wrong on any side so far. The reopening can be asked by anyone IF that/those person/people presents a new compelling evidence or clue.

It would always be a good thing, coming from anywhere, including the family. Only PJ can request some means of investigation, make certain searches and ask for warrants. Which means they are the only ones that can go 'all the way' if and when needed. PIs are or may be essential in unearthing evidences and clues. That's their investigation and will never be as deep and effective as PJ's. At least potentially. PJ is however free to accept or request the help of other investigators, be them the british police or even PIs, but they would never be replaced by any of them.

I don't know if judicial secrecy would be reinstated, but I would admit it would.

The argument is totally false and one other way of 'accusing' the McCanns.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

What happens if the Madeleine case was reopened by PJ Empty Vee and Maria

Post by dianeh Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:17 am

I know that the claims that the McCanns could have asked for the case to be re-opened is anti propaganda. I also was of the understanding that their must be some basis for the case to be re-opened.

But what I am most concerned about is whether or not the secrecy would be imposed and Maria confirms what I feared, and that is that it would be. Of course it could only apply to the new investigation.

What I didnt know (and thank you for explaining it Maria) is that the PJ could have allowed M3 (or any other private detectives) to assist them in their search for Madeleine but chose not to. I thought it was illegal for detectives to work on an ongoing police investigation but if I understand Maria correctly, the PJ can allow the detectives to investigate aspects of the case. Why didnt they allow it. If the PJ were not going to search for a live child, why not let the detectives become involved in that part of the search at the very least. And so I guess, that also means that if the case were re-opened, then the PJ could once again prevent detectives for investigating along the new evidence lines.

You see, not only is there nothing new to warrant the case from being re-opened by the PJ (whether or not the mccanns asked for it), there is no benefit to the McCanns. There would be a benefit, if hard evidence came up, or a substantiated sighting in Portugal, and I am sure that the McCanns would then request the case opened, even if the PJ didnt open it. But if such hard evidence came up that she was alive at some point after the abduction, then it wouldnt look very good for the PJ would it.

Thanks Maria. I am so glad you post on here. It is good to have you input, I really appreciate it.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

What happens if the Madeleine case was reopened by PJ Empty Re: What happens if the Madeleine case was reopened by PJ

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down