Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rui Pedro´s case update

4 posters

Go down

Rui Pedro´s case update Empty Rui Pedro´s case update

Post by Pedro Silva Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:38 am

http://www.abola.pt/mundos/ver.aspx?id=312300

Rui Pedro´s case:

Translation:

Court today to watch closing arguments

The court of Lousada will hear this Thursday morning the final arguments of the case of Rui Pedro, the missing child on 4 March 1998.

Thirteen years after the disappearance of the young, we are witnessing the final arguments in the trial of Alonso Dias, the sole defendant in this case, charged with kidnapping the child qualified.

According to the indictment, which is based on the investigation of the Judicial Police (PJ), the man was the last person to see Rui Pedro before it has been reported missing.

According to eyewitness accounts, Afonso Dias took the youngster to an encounter with a prostitute in Lustosa, and the boy was never seen again since then.

Although the family of Rui Pedro appeal to the defendant to tell the truth - so to see what happened to the child that day - Afonso Dias should remain silent.

At the entrance to the courthouse this morning, Filomena Dias, mother of the child, reaffirmed that not give up to know what happened to her son that day.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://sicnoticias.sapo.pt/pais/article1265129.ece

with vídeo:

translation:

the lawyer of Rui Pedro´s family expects in front of the closing arguments, Afonso Dias can change his opinion and speak.

The Court of Lousada will hear today the closing arguments in trial of the case Rui Pedro. In the dock is Afonso Dias, the last person to be with the child before the disappearance, in 1998. The family's lawyer, Ricardo Sá Fernandes, expect at what is said in closing arguments, Afonso Dias can change his opinion and talk.

The accusation must be the first to speak. The child's family who disappeared 13 years ago had hoped that the arguido presented information about what happened, but throughout the trial, Afonso Dias remained silent.

Rui Pedro´s family lawyer words:
“today he may change his opinion, it seems that his lawyer transmits the idea of not talking, but, because the trial is not over and he will have to listen the arguments of the public accusation and from the particular accusation, perhaps after that, he changes opinion”

Journalist:
“it is true that the lawyer of Afonso told that he may not talk in court but could talk in other situation after the trial, does that interests in this case to the family of Rui Pedro?”

Rui Pedro´s family lawyer words:
“look, the position of the family of Rui Pedro is this:
Everything that help us find Rui Pedro is useful, inside the court, outside the court, wherever it has to be”.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/caso-rui-pedro-afonso-dias-nao-vai-prestar-declaracoes

translation:

Mother of missing child wants justice and condemnation of the accused
Afonso Dias will not testify

The lawyer of Afonso Dias, advanced this morning,at the entrance to the Court of Lousada, which will take place the final arguments of the trial of the case Rui Pedro, that the accused will not testify.
The lawyer Paulo Gomes: taking into account all the evidence produced, it would be not beneficial to Afonso talk at this stage of the trial.

Filomena, Rui Pedro's mother, was visibly disappointed with the decision, expecting that Afonso could give clues about what happened to her son in March 1998.

"Our goal was to find Pedro but since no clues were revealed at trial, that justice is done and that he be condemned," said the mother.

comments:
“Justice through own hands, if he´s not talking it´s because he is an accomplice, shameful case for Portuguese justice, bad for the child and for the parents, desire of justice through own hands, of course that he will not speak, idiot, he it well advised. The condemnation, would be forever, to see if he have time to think about the s### he did.”

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Rui Pedro´s case update Empty Re: Rui Pedro´s case update

Post by Catkins Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:36 am

Poor family...thanks for keeping us updated Pedro...
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:05 am

I agree, you welcome catkins.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:43 pm

It does appear that he knows what happened to the boy. I just wish he would tell what he knows. He might, one day ..............
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Yes, I agree with you dianeh.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:30 pm

http://www.dn.pt/inicio/portugal/interior.aspx?content_id=2269309

Rui Pedro´s case:

Sá Fernandes believes in condemnation of Afonso Dias

The family lawyer of Rui Pedro´s family said today rely on the conviction of man accused of kidnapping the child of Lousada, considering "fair" if this were to occur.
"We can be sure that Rui Pedro got into the car of this man [defendant] and went with him to prostitutes," said Ricardo Sá Fernandes in their closing arguments. "We have overwhelming evidence," he added.

The attorney began his argument by reading, his voice cracking, an excerpt of the testimony in a hearing Filomena Teixeira, mother of the child. "Words that portray the strength of a mother who lost her son, the tragedy of this process," he said, praising the tenacity and courage of the family.

The lawyer said in the review of the sentence as "more than seven years' imprisonment today by the prosecutor asked the prosecutor, Elina Cardoso.

Ricardo Sá Fernandes insisted that the evidence is solid and the charge was made abundantly at the hearing. According to the lawyer, "Rui Pedro, 11, was seized to satisfy a tare, a perversity or a business," of the defendant Afonso Dias.

Over nearly three hours of oral argument, counsel addressed the key points of the indictment, which was corroborated, and stressed the importance of the testimonies of young people who said they had seen Rui Pedro enter the defendant's car. Highlighted by the way, that said John Andrew, Rui Pedro's cousin, on hearing when the court ensured that the trip had been arranged for prostitutes on the eve of the invitation of Afonso Dias.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:31 pm

http://www.dn.pt/inicio/portugal/interior.aspx?content_id=2267395&seccao=Norte&success=1

Rui Pedro´s case:

Requests for seven years in prison for Afonso Dias

The prosecutor asked for a sentence of imprisonment exceeding six or seven days for Afonso (pictured), who is accused of the crime of aggravated kidnapping of Rui Pedro.

In the morning session on Friday before the Court of Lousada, the state prosecutor, Elina Cardoso, held that the defendant, who is charged with kidnapping of Rui Pedro March 4, 1998, "did not give a single signal of repentance, and, by demonstrated contempt for the family. "Recognizing the fact that Afonso Dias have been silent throughout the trial cannot "serve as a benefit or as a loss" of this, noted that the "over these 13 years has never looked back."

On leaving the courtroom in the lunch break, Rui Pedro's father, Manuel Mendonca, stressed that "these 13 years of silence is the hardest to forgive Afonso Dias."

The afternoon session continues on Friday with closing arguments from the lawyer for the parents of Rui Pedro, José Sá Fernandes, and the defendant, Paulo Gomes.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:33 am

GGrrrrr I wish he would tell them where Rui is.. walkinghomecrying
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:40 am

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/actualidade/mae-de-rui-pedro-ja-so-peco-justica

Pain: Hope for new clues that may arise at trial fades

Rui Pedro's mother: "I only ask justice"

The hope that new clues about the whereabouts of Rui Pedro arise in the trial, which continued yesterday in Lousada, begins to fade. Philomena, mother of missing boy at age 11 does not give up, but the silence of Afonso, charged with kidnapping leads - increasingly to believe that there will not be in court that will find out what happened over 13 years. Yesterday, first asked the condemnation of the accused.

"My struggle is to find out what happened to Pedro, and even after this trial, I will not lose hope. While I´m alive, I will continue to look for clues that lead me to my son," she said.
Yesterday, Paulo Gomes, lawyer of Afonso Dias, has reaffirmed the willingness expressed by the accused during the trial, ie, it will not talk about the crime he is accused and which incurs a maximum penalty of ten years in jail.

"After all the evidence produced, we feel it would bring no benefit to my client to testify. Mr.. Afonso will not speak in court, may someday make it to another host, not the court," he said.
Filomena proved to be disappointed, but confessed that she was already waiting. "He did not speak up now, as expected," she said.

CHANGES TO PROVE THE ABDUCTION
Ricardo Sá Fernandes, lawyer for the parents of Rui Pedro, asked yesterday some insubstantial changes the facts contained in the indictment, namely that of the boy on the day of the disappearance, have been not once but twice with Afonso Dias.
The revelation, made in the trial sessions and already reported by the CM, shows that on March 4, 1998, the defendant was with Rui Pedro around 13:50 near the wilderness, in Lousada, the meeting having been seen by the witness Maria Menezes. About 30 minutes later, after asking permission to leave the mother, Rui Pedro met again with Alfonso, a few meters from the first location, where he was seen by five minors who were in school. It was there that got into the car, it seems towards Freamunde.

The state prosecutor also requested minor changes that support the abduction theory, but the panel of judges decided to take a position on the two requests until after the closing arguments, which will take place today.

This may mean that there has to be one more session before reading the above.
BEHAVIOR OF DAYS AFONSO change over course of the sessions
The behavior of Afonso Dias has been change over the course of the trial sessions. Is more agitated and shows some nervousness in the audience. The trucker, 35, repeatedly asked the panel of judges to leave the courtroom, especially when they are displayed documentary evidence such as videos or photographs. Afonso has even a third lead in his pocket for some of the audience. Yesterday, the defendant was accompanied by a friend who, like her brother, has been on your side during the trial. The other family members remain missing.

"I only ask justice. It was not what I meant with the trial, I wanted to find out what happened to Peter, but at least I pray that Afonso is convicted, to pay for what he did, not out of all this free "Filomena said, visibly distressed.

In the 14th session of the trial, which should have been dealt the final arguments, which were eventually postponed until today due to successive requirements (see box), Rui Pedro's mother returned to reaffirm that while alive is going to look for the truth.

"My struggle is to find out what happened to Pedro, and even after this trial, I will not lose hope. While I´m alive, I will continue to look for clues that lead me to my son," she said.
Yesterday, Paulo Gomes, lawyer of Afonso Dias, has reaffirmed the willingness expressed by the accused during the trial, ie, it will not talk about the crime he is accused and which incurs a maximum penalty of ten years in jail.

"After all the evidence produced, we feel it would bring no benefit to my client to testify. Mr.. Afonso will not speak in court, may someday make it to another host, not the court," he said.
Filomena proved to be disappointed, but confessed that he was already waiting. "He did not speak up now, as expected," she said.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:41 am

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/exclusivo-cm/rui-pedro-lagrimas-fecham-caso-sem-resposta

Ricardo Sá Fernandes cries in the allegations.Rui Pedro:

Tears close case with no response. State prosecutor wants Afonso in jail.

Sá Fernandes words:
“If Mr. Afonso Dias has something to say it is in the court and I think that he exhausted all the possibilities, we insisted until the last moment and he and all his relatives maintained in the position of refusing to talk, it is a right he have, but it is a judicial right, it is not a moral right, he in this case has no moral right of being in silent.

Rui´s father:
“the doctor was correct about the way he answered, because I think that a person that is, that knows that the parents for 13 years waiting for a child, that don´t want a meeting to answer us, he himself picks any document, a letter with this: Pedro is in certain place and we will go there bring him

Journalist: he should have done it before.

Rui´s father: “he should have done it before, he is still with time to do it”

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:18 am

Possibly the swine is too scared of who he passed Rui onto....

His prison term should be life unless he speaks up pullinghairout
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:47 am

he deserved the same treatment at the Cipriano case:

Leonor is innocent, Afonso however is not.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:02 am

Cat

He may be scared, or he may be guilty of something more than passing the boy on. Either way, he wont be talking any time soon.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:58 pm

dianeh wrote:Cat

He may be scared, or he may be guilty of something more than passing the boy on. Either way, he wont be talking any time soon.
No....the bstrd pullinghairout
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:59 pm

bstrd indeed.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:30 am

http://www.publico.pt/Sociedade/afonso-dias-absolvido-de-rapto-qualificado-no-caso-rui-pedro-1534874

Afonso Dias acquitted of kidnapping in the case Rui Pedro

The court overlooked the testimony of the prostitute Days Alcina, which in the judgment, Afonso Dias pointed out as being the person who accompanied Rui Pedro in the afternoon when he disappeared.

Before, when questioned by the PJ, never mentioned the name of Afonso Dias. And the description that had Rui Pedro, spoke in blue eyes, when in reality, were brown.

"With all due respect, not convincing," the judge Carla Fraga considered, for whom the court is not empowered to rule out the possibility of being another one to have been with a prostitute and another driver.

Thus avenged the thesis that Filomena Teixeira was the last to have seen Rui Pedro, between 15 and 15h15 of the day March 4, 1998.

It is the outcome of a trial that began Nov. 18. According to the prosecutorial force at the time of the disappearance of the minor, the penalty for the crime of qualified rape ranged from two to 10 years and eight months in prison.

The prosecution opted for the crime of abduction, because it was not possible to find "traces to prove the commission of other crimes," as the prosecutor had stressed the prosecutor, Elina Cardoso, during closing arguments in which the defendant asked for a sentence of prison "more than six or seven years in prison." Moreover, "because they do not want to try only the crime of kidnapping" is that the process took so long to come to trial, although according to a prosecutor.

Over the 13 sessions, the parents of Rui Pedro saw failed the expectation as to the emergence of new data regarding the location of the child.

The defendant never broke the silence, and his lawyer maintained that Afonso Dias met with the smallest only once on the day of his disappearance, more precisely at the end of the morning.

Afonso Dias left the court escorted by GNR, while those that were popular abroad he shouted several insults. His lawyer, Paulo Gomes, was also insulted and victim of an attempted assault.
Carlos Teixeira, Rui Pedro's uncle, called the sentence "farce", adding that she understands only because it happened "after the Carnival."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://diariodigital.sapo.pt/news.asp?id_news=559829

Rui Pedro: Dozens of angry citizens shouted and surrounded Afonso Dias

Dozens of angry citizens shouted and surrounded Afonso Dias, the defendant was acquitted today of kidnapping Rui Pedro, a child who disappeared in the Lousada March 4, 1998.

Outside the court Lousada, dozens of people tried the physical approach to the defendant who was protected by several military GNR, some of the intervention.

In an environment of enormous stress, the population shouted against Afonso Dias repeatedly expressing its disagreement with the judgment that dictated his acquittal. Some popular most exalted tried the physical approach, but were prevented by the string of police officers.

Among the more heated words, beyond the criticism of the administration of justice in Portugal, he complained that the silence of Afonso Dias at the trial. "You have no shame," "criminal" and "do not have children" were some phrases heard in the most exalted of the popular portuguese that joined the court.

In a slow pace, the military tried to drive his car to the defendant, but this always surrounded by mobs. Along came the automobile tension grow, forcing the GNR to do a new cord around the car to prevent the approach of the population.

The car of Afonso Dias, where he also followed some of his family, eventually leaving the scene at high speed, escorted by a vehicle of GNR.

A few minutes later, leaving the lawyer Afonso Dias was also troubled, requiring further intervention by the GNR. Paulo Gomes was protected by the car, while, as his client, was insulted by mobs.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:45 am

http://aeiou.expresso.pt/pais-de-rui-pedro-ponderam-processar-estado=f694528

Parents of Rui Pedro ponders in suing state

Appalled by the laxity of investigation, Rui Pedro's family wants the Judicial Police narrow down the failure of inspectors responsible for the conduct of the event in 1998

João Rouxinol and Rui Azevedo, the two inspectors who in 1998 took over the investigation of the disappearance of Rui Pedro, admitted yesterday in the Court of Lousada, the prostitute who claimed to have met with the minor was not heard at that time.

Rui Azevedo, now retired, said, days after the disappearance, Alcina was brought to court but due to his confusion Alcina turned out not to testify.

The examination to where the child of Lousada had been seen to enter in the car of Afonso Dias, the sole defendant's case was also devalued, having not even been recorded in the records.

The result of failures in the initial investigation were justified in court by former Inspector João Rouxinol by lack of resources and cross a lot of information.

The former took investigators still have missed the truth last March, in an interview with a newspaper, stating that the child's parents only in 2005 revealed that the child suffered from epilepsy. Rouxinol gave the lie as an excuse for their "revolt" by the public criticism of the investigation.

Sá Fernandes accuses inspectors of acting absurd

The attitude of the inspectors of the PJ now listed by the defense was harshly criticized by Ricardo Sá Fernandes, who will request a meeting with the director of the PJ, Almeida Rodrigues, to be cleared responsibilities to the investigators.

According to Sá Fernandes, the inspectors "knew from the outset the existence of Alcina Dias and not heard her, a situation that goes beyond all limits and come to break the absurd."

Besides admitting to act judicially against the inspectors, Rui Pedro's family is considering further process against the Portuguese State.

The reconstruction of the disappearance of the child was eventually postponed to January 4, the last step before the trial closing arguments.
-------------
http://aeiou.expresso.pt/absolvicao-de-afonso-dias-gera-onda-de-indignacao=f706346

Acquittal of Afonso Dias generates wave of indignation

Afonso Dias, the sole defendant in the case of the disappearance of Rui Pedro for almost 14 years, under police escort out of the Court of Lousada before the insults and threats of a population in fury.

More than a hundred popular revolt did not shut the door of the Court of Lousada, upon becoming aware that the driver Afonso Dias, accused of aggravated kidnapping of Rui Pedro, had been acquitted by the collective of judges.

"Killer", "coward", "clown" were some of the insults directed at Afonso Dias for a population in a rage, did not spare even the judge president, Carla Fraga, and the defense attorney, Paulo Gomes.

The popular began to hasten the vicinity of the Court over an hour of the start of the sentencing judges accused of "not doing justice," not realizing that "more tests are needed" to condemn "a criminal" and to "rest the child's mother. "

Filomena Teixeira left undone by the Court, supported by her husband and daughter. Rui Pedro's mother came convinced that Afonso Dias was arrested and will not give up on her son.

Court testimony considers not credible Alcina´s testimony

On the basis of the acquittal of the former protege of the family of missing minor Lousada in the March 4, 1998 was the "lack of clear evidence" of involvement in any abduction Afonso Dias Rui Pedro.

The Court upheld the prosecution's argument that the child and Alfonso met early in the afternoon of the disappearance of Rui Pedro, but has not proved as a second meeting at about 15.30 hours between the two, after seeing the lowest denied authorization mother to go sightseeing with Alfonso.

The testimony of Alcina Days prostitute who have been guaranteed the lowest in Lustosa and conducted to meet the alleged uncle Afonso Dias around 15h was not valued by the Court.

The collective of judges not credibilizou Days Alcina's testimony, alleging various contradictions in his testimony, including that of having declared that the child, then aged 11 had blue eyes and not brown, and ensuring that the Fiat Punto Afonso was black, as stated before is dark blue.

Judges rely doubt to acquit Afonso

The Court also surprised that the first statement made a week after the alleged abduction, Alcina has been scant on details about the appearance of Alfonso, and thorough 13 years after the incident, during the trial.

In sentencing this afternoon, the presiding judge did not rule out even the hypotheses have been other smaller and another adult who resorted to a prostitute on March 4, 1998.

"Without conviction" in the participation of Afonso in the disappearance on that fateful day, even without proof "that he has carried Rui Pedro" from Lousada to another location, the collective of judges acquitted the defendant in question, invoked the fundamental principle in dubio pro reo.
-----------------------
http://aeiou.expresso.pt/justica-tem-de-ser-para-todos-diz-a-ministra=f706449

Justice must be "for all", says Minister

Paula Teixeira da Cruz wants to end a system that considers unfair and "better prepared for the rich." In an interview with RR, the Minister of Justice also announced the end of the figure of clarification.
Justice Minister, Paula Teixeira da Cruz, returned to defend a Justice "for all" based on the principle of "equality", contrary to what happens today, given the existence of what it called "a dysfunctional system and unjust, more prepared for the rich than for those who cannot afford. "

In this sense, Paula Teixeira da Cruz will present by the end of the month, a mid-term review of the Criminal Law.

In an interview with the program "in the Name of the Law," Radio Renaissance, whose transmission in full will happen Saturday, June 25, Paula Teixeira da Cruz, also insists on the need to reduce the possibility of use of dilatory expedients for defendants and lawyers.

The minister also announced that "the reform of civil procedure we end up with the figure of clarification." "If there are any questions to clarify, should be included in the appeal and serve it to the Criminal Procedure", she added.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:45 am

This is a genuine disgrace: how can the principle in dubio pro reo been used when there are multiple witnesses who can prove the veracity of the testimony of Alcina Dias.

To the minister Paula da Cruz: so, you mentioned: "Justice must be "for all", says Minister, you minister tell this to Rui Pedro´s parents, also to Leonor Cipriano.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:03 am

I agree disgraceful !!!

That poor family.....this whole thing stinks computer
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:35 am

You´re right Catkins, I agree with you.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:45 am

My friends, this was taken from JATYK:

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/exclusivo-cm/mae-de-rui-pedro-internada

Pain: Family is outraged at the decision
Rui Pedro's mother hospitalized

-----------------------------------------------------------------

http://aeiou.expresso.pt/afonso-dias-acredita-que-rui-pedro-esta-vivo=f706826

Afonso Dias believes that Rui Pedro is alive

Acquitted of the crime of kidnapping aggravated Afonso Dias wanted to defend himself in the public square, ensuring even believe that Rui Pedro is alive.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Rui Pedro´s case update Empty Appeal may lead to repetition of the trial

Post by christabel Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:14 am

Appeal may lead to repetition of the trial
by LusaToday

An appeal to the Court of Appeal of the parents of the judgment that Rui Pedro Afonso Dias acquitted of charges of kidnapping raises legal issues that can lead to repetition of the trial, told Lusa a family of lawyers.

According to Miguel Mendes, who has followed this process Ricardo Sá Fernandes in representing the family of the child missing since 1998, the appeal to the Court of Appeal must be received in that forum tomorrow or Wednesday.

"Today was mailed from the office of Dr. Ricardo Sá Fernandes," he said.

According to the lawyer, the appeal is about 150 pages and will challenge the judgment of the collective led by Carla Fraga, pointing out some procedural issues which, in the view of assistants, may determine the total or partial repetition of the trial held in Lousada.

Miguel Mendes said the appeal filed last week by the Public Ministry (MP) has focused on the facts, but the family of the child also raises procedural questions.

Asked about details of the appeal, Miguel Mendes sent to your colleague Ricardo Sá Fernandes, who could not contact Lusa on Monday.

On February 22, the court acquitted the defendant of Lousada Afonso Dias Rui Pedro's abduction by "lack of evidence."

In the collective judgment concluded that there is no evidence in open court that the defendant has taken the minor to an encounter with a prostitute.

The court based its decision on the "weaknesses" and "lack of consistency" of the testimony of the prostitute Days Alcina, who, at the trial, had been guaranteed to the lowest, led by Afonso Dias, on March 4, 1998 .

The prosecutor and the child's parents, which consisted assistants, supported from the outset, it was after that meeting that took the disappearance of Rui Pedro, 11 years old at the time.

http://www.dn.pt/inicio/portugal/interior.aspx?content_id=2423442&page=-1
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down