Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kate's interview.

+4
Rosie
bluj1515
Pedro Silva
vee8
8 posters

Go down

Kate's interview. Empty Kate's interview.

Post by vee8 Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:46 am

For those who couldn't hear it, be it abroad or at work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rdsnx/Aled_Jones_with_Good_Morning_Sunday_14_03_2010/

About one hour twenty five minutes in.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Kate's interview. Empty Re: Kate's interview.

Post by Pedro Silva Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:29 am

Vee my friend, a big thank you to you my friend, for the link you posted here, I really appreciated. Listen this interview brought me tears to my eyes. Thank you.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:40 am

Thanks Vee for posting, I'm going to listen as soon as I can.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:25 am

Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars has sentimental memories for me too, it reminds me of when my youngest daughter got married and it also reminds me of when my son got married. My granddaughter and I love it too, we sing along to it in the car.

This interview made me cry, but also made me marvel at the strength of this woman. These words:
"I know the truth and God knows the truth and nothing else matters"
Kate McCann Mothers Day 14th March, 2010

God does know Kate and you are right, this is all that matters.

Chasing Cars lyrics

We'll do it all
Everything
On our own

We don't need
Anything
Or anyone

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me
And just forget the world?

I don't quite know
How to say
How I feel

Those three words
Are said too much
They're not enough

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden
That's bursting into life

Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old
Show me a garden
That's bursting into life

All that I am
All that I ever was
Is here in your perfect eyes
They're all I can see

I don't know where
Confused about how as well
Just know that these things
Will never change for us at all

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me

Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:24 am

vee8 wrote:For those who couldn't hear it, be it abroad or at work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00rdsnx/Aled_Jones_with_Good_Morning_Sunday_14_03_2010/

Thanks Vee,

I said all along Kate was stronger than was thought. She said she prays for Gerry and the children and how strong the two of them are in their relationship. Bet Bonnett loved that bit
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:36 am

Rough Transcript:

Almost 3 yrs since Kate and Gerry's daughter Madeleine went missing from holiday apt in Portugal where on holiday with family; faith has helped her cope with darkest days.

Does Mothering Sunday bring mixed emotions? Does and doesn't - Every day is quite difficult; another reminder Madeleine isn't here, motherhood is a real gift - 3 children, another reminder one of her babies isn't with her; Still Madeleine's mom and always will be.

How cope with day like Mothering Sunday? Different now, we're working so hard; past days we might have done something special but we don't necessarily for Mother's Day -- children's birthdays are different, we just try to get through this like any other day.

Get lots of family support? Yes, family has been great, really important; everyone in family has suffered, have pain, anxiety, missing Madeleine - have to try to support each other.

Twins: very aware, talk about her every day, know she's missing, been taken by someone; understand it a little like burglary -- in that, even if we really want something, can't take it; Madeleine belongs to us, not right they have her -- know we need to find her. Talk about finding her, finding her, getting away with her, coming back home; on holiday, ask what if police find Madeleine and we're not there; tell them neighbors will let them know! They always talk about Madeleine coming home. Amelie asked Kate, why do you work Mummy? Kate told her because I have to find Madeleine; Sean asked, well what about when that's over, when Madeleine comes home Mummy, what will you do then?

Twins help her: out of mouths of babes, very positive, keeps them coming; in years to come will tell them how imp they are in their lives and keeping them going, getting kate and gerry through it all.

Time had affect? Time heals all wounds? Funny line, isn't it? Wounds less raw - pain, anxiety always there; stronger than a year ago - positive - sometimes beat self up about that - not right to cope better - when nothing has changed for Madeleine. Important that she is stronger, can cope though: bc has three children - one to look for and two to look after.

Guilt about happiness? Sometimes -- a little bit of guilt, discomfort in being able to adapt.

How imp a word is hope? V imp, got hope, got a lot of hope she's still alive, difficult task is trying to find her; while have hope won't stop, won't give up

What's Madeleine like?: want everyone to meet her, amazing character, loads of energy, quite knowing, funny, loving; relationship with S and A incredible, something that still gets to her at times, when they are playing together and start talking about Madeleine; when they were on holiday Sean was digging and Kate asked him what he was doing and he said I'm looking for buried treasure Mummy and I'm going to give it to Madeleine. Think what it would be like if the 3 of them were together.

Treasured memories? Oh God, there's lots. Used to take her swimming on Sat morning - tight little swimming cap and she would walk around all on her own, was youngest there, she was only 3, really confident, get in the pool, huge eyes looking through glass at kate, waving, saying Hi Mummy and she would text Gerry saying, "Oh she's got me crying again." Just lying with her you know and little conversations it's got to the stage where Kate and Madeleine would go to lunch together, feel like real girls' day out.

Jones wanted to play music at that point, didn't know if they listened to music: Kate said, No, we do; listened to a lot music, liked music: been a little strange bc since Madeleine was taken from them, hard to listen to music; puts on classical rather than anything remotely happy with lyrics dance type music, but gradually able to listen to it now.

What like to listen today? Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol

Why Snow Patrol? Both K and G really liked and tough after Madeleine had gone, hard to listen to, made them both upset, reminded them of happy times with Madeleine BUT at same time reminded them of Madeleine, so from that point of view it was a quite special song; also lyrics, if I just lay here, etc. Madeleine at bedtime said: lie with me Mummy, lie with me Daddy; and you know they were really special, vivid moments.

Snow Patrol there, the choice of my guest this morning, Kate McCann: is every day bad?
No, not every day; strange; can have 3 or 4 where days go, working, looking after twins, get through day, get up, same thing next day; then something small will upset her, can be somthing innocuous, trigger something; makes aware that not too below the surface, don't have to scratch too far below surface for emotion to come bubbling out. You get though it, luckily two of us together are quite a unit really, one can usually pull other up if need be.

World's glare? you take for granted what being anonymous was like; been Very hard; Not most confident person on the planet and I'd never be someone who'd get up and give presentation at work or anyting, tried to avoid it iek the plague; now been forced into this situation

You changed - were in background, now you're not: Absolutely; I was just going through pain, distress, and I was uncomfortable in as you say the spotlight; then I had to kinda say to myself why doing it? trying to find madeleine - not about me, doesnt matter how uncomfortable I feel, trying to help Madeleine, not about me. We're trying to help, forget about me, move on, forget it, get over it.

Times you don't feel strange? Yeah, oh yeah. So much in last 3 years, not even just Madeleine being taken from us which is worst but many things that have happen subsequently and they can obviously be low times, dark times, when you do doubt faith, have to be honest, but at same time strange bc having been through that do believe greater good, in some ways strengths faith

Because in a way what you're experiencing for many people would be hell on Earth: it is, I think it's worst thing to happen to parent or one of; I mean, the pain was just incredible, and it's the pain of worry, for her really, live with sadness of not having Madeleine in our lives but home and can't help worrying about her. I just want to be with her. When she has a sore tummy I want to be there, when she's upset I want to be there, I just want to bring her back into the warmth and love of our family really.

Times you've blamed God: Never blamed God for what's happened at all, don't think had anything to do with God but there are times I've gotten angry with God and certainly the additional things that I have mentioned have happened, where I just think: how can we have extra suffering put on us at such an awful time, and I haven't understood, and I've wondered why hasn't God interceded and countered that? These are things I'll go off to church, they've kindly given me a key to the church, and I'll go in and it's a sanctuary, refuse, I can go, speak out, because obvi no one there, and get it all off my chest. I do wonder why God should hear my prayers, answer my prayers when there's millions of people with equally imp prayers around the world; I don't know, I hope he does, faith sustained me through this, comfort there

Faith gotten stronger probably - before never had to question it, it was there, I believed in God, had convos in head with God, comfortable with faith and God; now stronger, more intense; day made arguido interesting day with regards to my faith - had period of about 4-6 weeks prior where obviously been shift in the investigation and suddenly no police talking to them, couldn't have any meetings, people didn't want to have phone convos with them, left in awful void of info, trying to cope with pain of not having Madeleine and no information about going on; then awful stories in media, supposed blood in apt, pointing finger at them finishing with them being arguido. Day going in for interview, strange day, really low, feeling weak, fragile, then felt really strong, angry, angry not looking for Madeleine, then said I know the truth, God knows the truth and nothing else matters, and I felt really strong from there, inner strength.

Madeleine was a gift, life public now, so obviously had difficult time trying to have her, when born believed she was a gift, never took her for granted, every day when I'd wake up and see her, looking at me with those huge eyes, I'd say thank God for Madeleine and I don't think he'd stop loving now or abandon her, thinks God comforts Madeleine in where she is, whoever with, protecting her and her spirit - she's got a great spirit

Used to say thank god for family, keep gerry madeleine sean and amelie safe and happy, one prayer that she always said - so when it happened was a struggle bc always said that prayer - now prays for family, centers prayers on Madeleine, people who took her, people who know, and people related to person who took her, police investigators looking for her, other children missing or exploited in some way, it's strange to say lucky but in some ways we've been lucky, lots of support from general public, people we don't know, and many families don't get that -- don't hear about their cases

get bundles of mail from people willing them on, children sent pictures drawn for madeleine, letters for Madeleine, been an eye opener because she would have never thought of sitting down writing letters like that to people she didn't know who suffered great tragedy but the strength that they've given them is amazing

Would be easy to be angry, rage, etc. and you don't seem like that: had moments, esp in 2008, had a lot of anger on board, negative emotion; That anger is gone now.

Would be able to forgive people who took Madeleine? Well don't know why they've taken her, until know why they've taken her hard, hard to say - it's difficult to say

Other mothers: I think, um, dig deep really, just keeping hoping and lean on your family and friends, gather them, surround yourself with positive people, don't give up.

(sorry towards the end I got tired...will try to go back and listen more)
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by maria theresa Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:45 am

I wondered how Bennett felt about Kate's faith, given his early vile sneering at their Catholicism and his suggestion that the local Catholic priest was involved in some vile criminal activity with them.

I wondered how he felt about the strength of the relationship between her and Gerry, given his appalling and obscene suggestions in the early days about the group of friends in PdL.

I wondered how he felt about her prayers for those who have taken Madeleine or know what happened, compared with his own baseless criticism and disgracefully judgemental accusations underpinned by not a scrap of evidence.

maria theresa
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:15 am

christabel wrote:
vee8 wrote:For those who couldn't hear it, be it abroad or at work.

Thanks Vee,

I said all along Kate was stronger than was thought. She said she prays for Gerry and the children and how strong the two of them are in their relationship. Bet Bonnett loved that bit

Yes Chris, you have said that to me loads of times, when I worried about how frail Kate looked, you said she is stronger than she looks and while listening to her on that programme, I remembered you saying that.

May I also say how nice it is to have our little mate back, the forum is not the same without you. Kate's interview. 30345 Kate's interview. 30345 Kate's interview. 30345
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:50 am

Bennett professes to be a Christian, yet he behaves in the most unChristian way and he tells huge lies not just any lies, he tells lies to deliberately hurt two people who have suffered the worse pain imaginable and he does not give this a second thought and he shows no remorse for his vileness.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:47 am

Yes, a very strong woman indeed. I´m glad you´re back Christabel my friend, bluj my friend, thank you for the interview written by you. Rosiepops my friend, wonderful post about "Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars", I agree with your post, I enjoy this song a lot.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:08 pm

maria theresa wrote:I wondered how Bennett felt about Kate's faith, given his early vile sneering at their Catholicism and his suggestion that the local Catholic priest was involved in some vile criminal activity with them.

I wondered how he felt about the strength of the relationship between her and Gerry, given his appalling and obscene suggestions in the early days about the group of friends in PdL.

I wondered how he felt about her prayers for those who have taken Madeleine or know what happened, compared with his own baseless criticism and disgracefully judgemental accusations underpinned by not a scrap of evidence.

He hasn't changed his opinion about all or any of that. And don't expect him to change it, because he won't, not even if Madeleine is ever found alive.
He's read the Bible, probably even knows parts by heart, but that doesn't make him a (good) Christian. He doesn't understand the message that's in it about faith, love, compassion, empathy, forgiveness.
Kate does.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:36 am

Remember Cath, the Devil knows the scriptures as well as any man.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:26 am

Well, that explains it then Vee8 :)

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by May Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:08 pm

Thanks for your posting Bluj
May
May
Master
Master

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down