Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KATE MCCANN: I PRAY FOR MEN WHO SNATCHED MADDIE

+3
vee8
calcite51
Rosie
7 posters

Go down

KATE MCCANN: I PRAY FOR MEN WHO SNATCHED MADDIE Empty KATE MCCANN: I PRAY FOR MEN WHO SNATCHED MADDIE

Post by Rosie Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:10 am

‘STRONGER’: Kate McCann in the London run yesterday pic: Steve Bell

Sunday March 14,2010

By Jjane Clinton

http://www.sundayexpress.co.uk/posts/view/162896/Kate-McCann-I-pray-for-men-who-snatched-Maddie-

KATE McCann has revealed how she prays for those who took Madeleine and admits how she feels guilty that she is learning to adapt without her.

In an emotional Mother’s Day interview, devout Catholic Kate also spoke of the comfort she gains from her twins Amelie and Sean who are convinced their sister will return.

Kate, 41, yesterday lined up alongside husband Gerry and 450 runners in a 10km fun run for missing people in London’s Hyde Park.

Speaking on the BBC Radio 2 show Aled Jones with Good Morning Sunday, she said: “I pray for lots of things now. Obviously I always pray for the family and obviously the prayers are centred on Madeleine.

“I pray for the people who have taken Madeleine, the people who know what has happened to Madeleine and the people around, related to the person who has taken Madeleine. I pray for the police and theinvestigations people who are looking for her and I pray for all the other children who are missing or have been exploited in some way.

“I guess Mother’s Day is another reminder that Madeleine is not here. Obviously I have got three children and it is a reminder that one of my babies isn’t with me. But you know, I am still Madeleine’s mum and I always will be.” Her five-year-old twins speak of their older sister every day, she said. “Her relationship with Sean and Amelie was incredible really and that is something that still gets to me at times when I see them playing and they start talking about Madeleine.

“They know she is missing. They know she has been taken by somebody. They understand Madeleine belongs to us and it is not right that they have got Madeleine and we need to find her.”

The twins have also meant that life has to go on, even if at times Kate feels guilty that she is learning to cope since Madeleine’s disappearance aged three in May 2007 in Portugal. “I know it is OK to be happy,” she said. “It’s important for Sean and Amelie that we have happy times but there is a little bit of guilt really in being able to adapt.

“I’m definitely a lot stronger than I was a year ago, which is positive.Sometimes you beat yourself up about that, because I think: ‘How come I am doing OK and I am coping better than I was? That’s not right’.”

Kate’s interview can be heard on Radio 2 at 7am today.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

KATE MCCANN: I PRAY FOR MEN WHO SNATCHED MADDIE Empty Re: KATE MCCANN: I PRAY FOR MEN WHO SNATCHED MADDIE

Post by Rosie Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:27 am

“I’m definitely a lot stronger than I was a year ago, which is positive.Sometimes you beat yourself up about that, because I think: ‘How come I am doing OK and I am coping better than I was? That’s not right’.”

Kate should not feel guilty about this, Kate, Gerry and the entire family having been travelling through the grief process and this is a perfectly normal and natural response to grief and anyone who has lost someone will tell you this.
This morning I was talking about my sister who had a stillborn child many years ago and I still found myself in tears for her and for the baby we never got to know.
I often find myself in tears over my brother in law whom we lost and I felt great affection for and also for my father.
Last week I found myself crying for my mum who died a few years ago. I too have felt this guilt that Kate talks about when eventually I found myself laughing and smiling again, after suffering these losses. By laughing and smiling again, I mean doing these two things and really meaning them and not smiling an empty smile and laughing a laugh I did not feel, as I did in the days and weeks after they first died, those smiles and laughs were mechanical, something I felt I had to do for the people around me that were worried for me and my welfare, something which I noted in my sister too.
It is understanding these things that helps us travel through the process and also understanding that each and everyone one of us react and grieve in our way to things.

I am glad that Kate feels stronger and I hope she continues to gain strength and draw strength from her faith and that one day soon that faith will be rewarded when Madeleine is found and returned home to her family, where she rightfully belongs.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

KATE MCCANN: I PRAY FOR MEN WHO SNATCHED MADDIE Empty Re: KATE MCCANN: I PRAY FOR MEN WHO SNATCHED MADDIE

Post by calcite51 Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:12 pm

I agree with everything you said Rosie. I too am glad that Kate is feeling stronger and I definitely hope Madeleine returns home to where she belongs.
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:42 pm

There is no need to feel guilt, it is natural to first mourn, then adapt, then move on, because life goes on, with or without us. Only the mental cripples on the dark side fail to understand that.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:28 pm

Agree with all you said Rosie, life does not stop and let you get off, it keeps going and I'm pleased to read Kate is feeling stronger.

Many of us that have gone through the grieving process at least have closure, but for Kate her living nightmare continues. All I can say to Kate is the same as I would say to anyone else, you do whatever it takes to get you through.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:52 am

I agree, she should not feel guilty; but you can understand how she does. Her grieving process as the mother of a missing child, whereabouts unknown, is so much different than the normal grieving process. She has to constantly balance the hope that Madeleine might be out there with her current reality of not having Madeleine present. What a terrible, awful, yet joyous feeling, hope.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:40 am

Kate should not feel guilty. She is adapting to life without Madeleine, it doesnt mean she doesnt love her, or miss her, or do everything she can to get her back.

And Im glad she is feeling stronger.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:59 pm

Kate is stronger than I could ever hope to be....... I'd be tearing my hair out and wearing a straightjacket by now................Or up for Murder of a certain person !!
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down