Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girl Reunited With Mum After Libya Kidnap

4 posters

Go down

Girl Reunited With Mum After Libya Kidnap Empty Girl Reunited With Mum After Libya Kidnap

Post by vee8 Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:17 am

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Nadia-Fawzi-Abducted-Girl-Reunited-With-Mum-Sarah-Taylor-After-Being-Taken-To-Libya-By-Abuarghub/Article/200912315505995?lpos=UK_News_Top_Stories_Header_3&lid=ARTICLE_15505995_Nadia_Fawzi%3A_Abducted_Girl_Reunited_With_Mum_Sarah_Taylor_After_Being_Taken_To_Libya_By_Abuarghub

A British girl who was abducted by her father and taken to Libya has been reunited with her mother after two years apart.

Girl Reunited With Mum After Libya Kidnap 15506008

A picture of Nadia Fawzi taken before her father abducted her

Nadia Fawzi, now aged six, was taken by her father, Fawzi Abuarghub, in May 2007.
The girl was denied all contact with her mother, Sarah Taylor, from Wigan, Greater Manchester.
Ms Taylor said: "I am overjoyed to be reunited with Nadia after two years apart - almost a third of her young life.
"I am delighted that she is fit and well, if naturally disorientated by this sudden change in the pattern of her life.
"We will spend the next few days just getting to know each other again."
In July, Prime Minister Gordon Brown asked Libyan leader Colonel Gaddafi for his help.
Greater Manchester Police said mother and daughter were reunited during a meeting in Tripoli earlier.
Detective Superintendent Phil Owen, head of GMP's Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons Unit, said: "It has been a tortuous two years for Sarah, but this is the best Christmas present she could possibly wish for.
"We are not sure yet about the exact circumstances surrounding her reunion, but the important thing is they are together again.
"It brings to an end two years of worry, heartbreak and upheaval for Sarah and her family. They can now concentrate on becoming a complete family again.
"There has been an awful lot of hard work behind-the-scenes by the likes of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Leigh MP Andy Burnham who have worked tirelessly for this day."
Following the abduction, Ms Taylor left her job, sold her house and moved to the north African country where she was awarded custody of Nadia by the courts.
Despite being arrested by the Libyan authorities, Abuarghub refused to disclose Nadia's whereabouts.

Girl Reunited With Mum After Libya Kidnap 933917 Girl Reunited With Mum After Libya Kidnap 401154 Girl Reunited With Mum After Libya Kidnap 7771
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Girl Reunited With Mum After Libya Kidnap Empty Re: Girl Reunited With Mum After Libya Kidnap

Post by Pedro Silva Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:45 am

Wonderful news, I hope the next one is our sweet Madeleine.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Girl Reunited With Mum After Libya Kidnap Empty Re: Girl Reunited With Mum After Libya Kidnap

Post by vee8 Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:50 am

Pedro Silva wrote:Wonderful news, I hope the next one is our sweet Madeleine.

Just a matter of time, Pedro, just a matter of time.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:46 am

I actually remember this case being discussed on brunts blogs.I don't remember what was said altogether though but when i saw that little girls face today on sky news i recognised it.I am soo glad she as been found.Now they can get on with their lives and try to put this nightmare they have been through behind them once and for all.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:01 pm

And more good news on the international custody/abduction front. The Brazilian Supreme court has ruled that the Goldman boy is to be returned to his father in the US, but sadly doesnt look like it will happen until after Xmas.

This was being treated as a custody issue in Brazil, but it was an abduction and as such the boy should have been returned immediately. Of course that very rarely happens, except in this case Brazil did sign the Hague convention (I think that is what it is called) and should have returned the child.

For those that dont know about it. The boy was born in the US, and his father is American. His mother was Brazillian and when the marriage broke up, she took the boy illegally to Brazil. He was 4, and has not seen his father since, and he is now 9. She then remarried a Brazillian man, and she died in child birth, and the stepfather was given custody by the Brazillian courts (but should not have as the father never relinquished the child, and the child had been illegally taken). It has been a long battle, and it now looks like the boy is going home to his dad.

The worst part is that he now no longer speaks English (he speaks Portuguese) and cannot remember his father. But I believe that he will take to his father in time. This boy is lucky to have a father who cares for him, and a stepfather who also cares for him.

What struck me about this, is that he was a similar age to Madeleine when abducted, no longer speaks English and doesnt remember his father or his life in the US. I think we must be prepared for a similar thing with Madeleine, if she is as we all hope, still alive.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down