Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10-year-old Stella Akanbi,body found in sea

5 posters

Go down

10-year-old Stella Akanbi,body found in sea Empty 10-year-old Stella Akanbi,body found in sea

Post by clairesy Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:19 am

Body found in sea search for girl

10-year-old Stella Akanbi,body found in sea _46218633_stella226
Stella was playing in the sea with a friend when she disappeared

Police searching for a 10-year-old girl who disappeared in the sea off an Essex beach believe they have found her body.Stella
Akanbi, from Milton Keynes, had been playing with a friend in the sea
in Clacton on Sunday afternoon when they got into trouble. An onlooker pulled one of the girls ashore but could not find Stella. Police said a body had been found and while formal identification had not taken place it was believed to be that of Stella. The search has now been called off. Stella was in Clacton on a day trip from Buckinghamshire with her friend and her friend's parents. Both girls were playing near a groyne, a sea defence barrier built at a right angle to the beach.

Holidaymakers describe their shock at what happened
Stella's mother travelled to Clacton from Milton Keynes on Sunday night to meet police and watch the search progressing. An Essex Police spokesman said: "Police can now confirm that the Essex Police helicopter spotted the body of a child in the water off Clacton at about 1545 BST this afternoon (17 August) and the RNLI lifeboat has
recovered the body. "Formal identification is still to take place but police believe that it is that of a 10-year-old from the Milton Keynes area, who got into difficulties in the sea on Sunday afternoon. "Her family has been informed and are being supported by police liaison officers." Thames Coastguard watch manager Aimee Rampton said: "We feel deeply sorry for the family at this time and our sympathies are with Stella's parents. "We would like to thank the general public for their help and assistance in this very sad matter." Lifeboats launchedPolice said there would be an investigation into the circumstances surrounding her death.
Two helicopters, a coastguard rescue team and an inshore lifeboat were launched as part of the search of the area after Stella went missing in the sea opposite Trafalgar Road, off Marine Parade West. An RAF rescue helicopter, from Wattisham, Suffolk, and a police helicopter scoured the area. Rescue workers in dry suits also searched the shallow water. Stella has two siblings, a four-year-old sister and a nine-year-old brother who are being looked after by family friends. The rescued girl and member of the public who pulled her from the water were taken to Clacton and District Hospital. Police said the girl, who is with her mother, was now at Colchester General Hospital where she is recovering from shock.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

10-year-old Stella Akanbi,body found in sea Empty Re: 10-year-old Stella Akanbi,body found in sea

Post by Guest Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:25 am

This has been on our local news all day. What a tragedy.

Back to top Go down

10-year-old Stella Akanbi,body found in sea Empty Re: 10-year-old Stella Akanbi,body found in sea

Post by jean Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:32 am

This little girl was in the care of her friend's parents. If they had taken their responsibility seriously then this tragedy would never have happened. They will have that thought with them for the rest of their lives. Children are not safe playing in the sea without parental supervision.

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by jean Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:34 am

This little girl was in the care of her friend's parents. If they had taken their responsibility seriously then this tragedy would never have happened. They will have that thought with them for the rest of their lives. Children are not safe playing in the sea without parental supervision.

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:44 am

What a terrible thing to happen.You just wouldn't imagine a day at the beach could end in such a awful tragedy would you.Last week i took my little one into to barry with my cousin and her little boy.The two of them were gone with in seconds and we couldnt see them...the tide was right out and then i could see two little dots running together..i knew from the way the one was jumping and dancing about it was my little girl.I ran down the beach trying to catch up with them thing is when the tide is going out its even more dangerous because it takes you out with it to!...
i dont mind her going to the water alone.if the tide is right in and we are near the edge...but if it is out i always tell her she isn't allowed to the water unless im with her.My heart goes out to this little girls family now,what a terible loss for them

rip stella xx
10-year-old Stella Akanbi,body found in sea Blonde-fairy-playing-with-sunflower
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:49 am

hi jean

i thought it was the child that was pulled to safety that was with friends?Not sure.Im not sure how it happened but in all fairness i think it was just a tragic accident that occurred.
kids go in the sea all the time.
i did wonder though how they hadn't noticed the children were in trouble but then if they were sat up the beach further i suppose the only people who would have seen them in trouble would've been those who were in the sea near them.

Its awful,but yes i can imagine that the family who were there with the children will forever feel guilty that they couldn't help this child.

I don't like my daughter playing in the sea,i don't mind her going to the waters edge,but i don't like her going out in it.Im not a very strong swimmer myself so would hate to imagine it if she ever got into trouble because would be hopeless trying to save the two of us.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:36 pm

My eldest daughter and her fiance were in Clacton at the time, and were watching the search unfold, just after it happened. Gutrenching, she described it. The little girl's friends parents will have the most horrific feelings of guilt for the rest of their lives. Imagine taking someone elses child out for what should have been a wonderful treat, then having to try and explain that, while under your care, a tragedy happened. I cannot condemn them, I am sure this was just a terrible, one in a million accident. Rest in peace, little angel.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:12 pm

God protect your soul for all eternity Stella Akanbi. Rest in Peace.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:32 pm

vee8 wrote:My eldest daughter and her fiance were in Clacton at the time, and were watching the search unfold, just after it happened. Gutrenching, she described it. The little girl's friends parents will have the most horrific feelings of guilt for the rest of their lives. Imagine taking someone elses child out for what should have been a wonderful treat, then having to try and explain that, while under your care, a tragedy happened. I cannot condemn them, I am sure this was just a terrible, one in a million accident. Rest in peace, little angel.
Must be truly unbearable......poor little girl...poor family and poor friends......My heart goes out to them all......
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down