Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search moves to Australia

+5
clairesy
jackf
bluj1515
dianeh
Peaceful1
9 posters

Go down

Search moves to Australia Empty Search moves to Australia

Post by Peaceful1 Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:07 am

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/5780498/maddie-search-moves-to-australia/

affraid

Hope they dont think its us in aussie as well as you Dianeh!!!
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Search moves to Australia Empty Re: Search moves to Australia

Post by dianeh Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:22 am

Did you see the segement on the Today show, it was between 8 and 8.30??

I missed it.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:23 am

Channel 7 reports the Australian Federal Police have received no notification from British authorities about the new information

This was the last sentence of the above article.

Now this is not good. AFP will not help unless requested to do so.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:42 am

I just read again before logging in to say AFP will not investigate ..?
Didnt see any news, I set off to work at 8am, so didnt watch any news. Only saw it as I plugged laptop in and it was on headlines.
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:12 pm

With the time difference, maybe they intended on asking for help overnight- email, etc? Or perhaps they have reason to believe the person is not actually in Australia?

ETA: I also see that what was said in this article, at least, is that the Australian police are not SEARCHING for Madeleine. Key difference.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25890604-661,00.html

Last edited by bluj1515 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more detials)
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jackf Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:32 pm

Links to articles in the UK press about the above.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1204605/Now-Madeleine-hunt-moves-Down-Under.html

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/maddie/2573496/Hunt-for-Australain-woman-with-vital-Madeleine-McCann-clues.html

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/114091-madeleine-mccann-investigators-to-hold-news-conference/

The man in charge of the investigation to find Madeleine McCann is holding a press conference this morning to appeal for more information.

Dave Edgar, the lead investigator into Madeleine's disappearance, and Clarence Mitchell, the spokesman for Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry McCann, will hold the news conference in London at 11am.

It is understood the press conference will, in particular, be appealing to Spanish and Australian news outlets.

jackf
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Skynews reports that the AFP (Australian Federal Police) have not been contacted about the search for this person. So not only not searching for Madeleine, not asked to help search for this person.

I think that the media here will co-operate with the McCanns in searching for the person, even if there is no official investigation by the AFP. They publicised the other photofits etc, and they were not all done via official channels.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:17 pm

Peaceful1 wrote:http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/5780498/maddie-search-moves-to-australia/

affraid

Hope they dont think its us in aussie as well as you Dianeh!!!

They have probably already looked at us (you know obsessed with the case type thing) and dismissed us. I have never left the country (yes thats right, NEVER), so I am definitely not the woman in Spain.

And I am not parochial. I have travelled quite a distance here, but not been to WA, or Tassie yet. It is just that I chose different life choices, such as going to uni, buying a house, children etc, instead of jaunting overseas.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Search moves to Australia Empty Another much more substantial article

Post by dianeh Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:40 pm

But no picture.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25890604-661,00.html

[quote][
Madeleine McCann search moves to Australia after new information

Charles Miranda in London

August 06, 2009 08:37am

UPDATE 9.53am: THE Australian Federal Police are not searching for Madeleine McCann despite reports the hunt has moved Down Under.
A new witness has come forward with details about an Australian woman which police have now described as potentially significant in their investigation into the disappearance of the four year old two years ago.
An AFP spokesperson said today police were not investigating Maddie's disappearnce

Dave Edgar, one of two retired detectives contracted by parents Kate and Gerry McCann to find their daughter, is later today expected to lead a press conference with details of the Australian and provide a DVD of sketch images of the person they wish to speak with.

"We want the public's help to identify someone, we are making an appeal based on new information," was all the McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell would say ahead of the press conference.

British newspapers have reported that the Australian woman had a late-night chat with a British man outside a bar in Barcelona just three days after Madeleine went missing.

The conversation has only just come to light and the Australian's identity remains unknown.

"The British man has only recently come forward; there appear to be a number of good reasons for that," an investigator on the case said. "But he has been checked out thoroughly and seems credible."

Police are now treating the Australian as a vital piece in the puzzle and believe she may have travelled back to Australia.

Madeleine vanished from her family's holiday apartment in the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007, as her parents and their adult friends dined nearby.

The toddler, who would now be six, has become one of the highest profile missing persons cases in the world with her parents spending millions of dollars to find her with the aid of high profile backers including businessman Richard Branson.

Various leads have led to the hunt for the toddler in Spain, Morocco, Belgium, Holland and now apparently Australia.

In June Mr Edgar, flew to Germany after a convicted 64-year-old British paedophile was linked to the case since he was in the area at the time of her disappearance.

While the Portuguese police closed the books on the case a year ago, British police have now spent more than $1.5 million looking into the suspected kidnapping.

Official figures released on Monday show police in Leicestershire, the McCann hometown, spent more than $1.3 million in 2007-08 and another $400,000 in 2008-09.

In September 2007 Mr and Mrs McCann were made formal suspects or "arguidos" in the case by Portuguese police who later admitted they made mistakes and lifted the status. English police hope to solve the case.

"The police keep Kate and Gerry informed as and when appropriate and let them know of any movement on the case and Kate and Gerry are grateful to them. Obviously they have spent a lot of money on helping to find Madeleine and they are grateful to them for that effort.

"But Leicestershire Police are still bound by the Portuguese authorities as they are the lead force even though technically the case has been shelved over there, pending any significant developments. Leicestershire do what they can under the circumstances and Kate and Gerry are grateful for being kept in the loop."
Kate and Gerry McCann believe their daughter, who would be six now, is still alive and have vowed never to stop searching for her.
The latest message from Kate and Gerry on the Find Maddie website reads: "It is now more than two years since Madeleine was taken from us – more than two years since we saw and held our beautiful daughter, since Sean and Amelie played with their big sister, since we were a happy family of five.

"Without doubt, two years seems a huge proportion of your life when you’re six years old, but in reality it is just a tiny fraction of the life which lies ahead of you. It is important for us to keep looking forward.

"Whilst the fact that Madeleine is still missing remains our greatest anxiety, it is important to remember that the person who took Madeleine remains free.

"Other children could be at risk from this person too if we do not continue with our investigation, or if the people who know or suspect something remain silent."
/quote]

Just like to add on this part of the article.

"But Leicestershire Police are still bound by the Portuguese authorities as they are the lead force even though technically the case has been shelved over there, pending any significant developments. Leicestershire do what they can under the circumstances and Kate and Gerry are grateful for being kept in the loop."

This is what we thought. But I still do not understand why the British police do not just undertake their own action. It must be a Europe thing. When Brit Lapthorne disappeared while on holidays in Croatia, or Bosnia or somewehre there, the AFP got involved when the local police said there was no proof of foul play. She was found weeks after she went missing in the sea, half eaten by sea animlas (which indicates she was weighted down). And they even went over there to help with the investigation, because the locals werent doing one.

now I am not saying that the Leic police should go to Portugal, far from it in fact, but I think they should be involved in things like this. They should be briefed on it (so someone must be made available for it) and then they can act as the official liaison if other countries are involved. After all, regardless of where Madeleine went missing, she is still a British citizen, and I woudl expect the British police to investigate crimes against British citizens.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:39 pm

New Madeleine McCann Suspect To Be Revealed
Martin Brunt,
crime corresponden

Details of a new suspect in the Madeleine McCann case will be revealed later today.

Search moves to Australia 15355218

Madeleine McCann as she looked when she disappeared

The latest appeal for information will be based on evidence from a new witness who has described an incident a few days after Madeleine disappeared.

An e-fit image of the suspect is expected to be issued by David
Edgar, the retired detective who now leads the search for the missing
girl.

Mr Edgar will give details of the development and an update on the investigation at a press conference in London.

Watch the press conference live on the Sky News website at 11am.

It is understood the new information could take investigators far
from Portugal where Madeleine vanished in May, 2007, days before her
fourth birthday.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Search moves to Australia Empty victoria beckham lookalike??

Post by clairesy Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:13 pm

'Posh lookalike link to Maddie'

By STAFF REPORTER

Published: Today

PRIVATE eyes hired by Maddie McCann's parents want to trace a "Victoria
Beckham lookalike" with an Australian or New Zealand accent.

She was seen by two Brits in Barcelona in Spain three days after the little
girl went missing from Praia da Luz in Portugal.

The woman said something to one of the men which has convinced the McCanns' investigators
she might hold clues about Maddie.

Full details about the woman will be released later today along with an appeal for
information about her.

Former detective inspector Dave Edgar will appear alongside McCann family spokesman
Clarence Mitchell at a press conference in central London this morning.

Maddie's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, from Rothley, Leicestershire, will not
attend the news conference, Mr Mitchell said.

MORE to follow. http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/maddie/2574191/Posh-lookalike-sought-in-Maddie-hunt.html
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

hmmmmmmm must be honest first thing i thought of when i heard that was carol Everette drawing!! i wait with baited breath!
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:30 pm

just been thinking,how lovely it would be for them to find her now.The guy who once appealed to find madeleine(beckham) is probably thinking that his appeal back in the first few days of madeleine disappearing was like a weird sort of omen or something....that now all this time later a woman who is a beckham lookalike is being sought in what might be a breakthrough to this sad case.Sort of like a complete circle of events that have taken 2 years to unfold.Madness.

i am about to go out for a few hours so im going to miss the news conference on sky at 11.....will be back to find out whats going on soon as though! I hope to read some really positive news about madeleine.Something that we have all been waiting to hear for such a long time!

fingers crossed
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Search moves to Australia Empty NEW LEAD INTO MADELEINES ABDUCTION!

Post by Royal Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:27 pm

I think everyone should remain calm and not get too excited about this new revelation, after all Australia is a big continent and there are probably lots of "Posh" look alikes throughout the country, and that's assuming of course that this person 'is in Australie'? She could be anywhere, still in Barcelona Spain, wandering around Europe, or even on a Visa and work permit living in the UK, maybe even in New Zealand? Also, let's not forget, the Mccann's Detectives are now retired and no longer 'real policemen' and therefore have no authority to request the Australian police for their co-operation, this would have to come directly from the British police themselves or perhaps from the the UK government! I've no doubt if the UK authorities thought this look alike witness was significant to the case they would do just that and ask for the AFP's help in finding this woman, but at the moment they don't appear to have done so!
Alroy.

Royal
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:48 pm

Alroy

THe Victorian police commissioner has offered assistance to the McCanns. I saw it with my own eyes on the Channel 9 nightly news. I took it to mean also that the Vic police could be contacted if needed. Sky news is finding out if there are any local contact numbers to be used and will post on their web site and broadcast. I will be interested as to whether or not the Vic police offer a phone number.

The AFP said that they are not investigating and have not been approached by the British police. What they did not say is that they would not help if someone finds the woman.

It certainly is being taken seriously over here, as evidenced by the Vic police and the news coverage.

We must not forget that Madeleine McCann is still a missing child according to Interpol which means that those forces affiliiated with Interpol must surely be compelled to assist if a sighting, evidence or a witness is found in their jurisdiction. It shouldnt matter a wit if Portugal has closed the case, she is still missing according to INterpol.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Search moves to Australia Empty Regarding The Australian Federal Police

Post by Rosie Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:49 am

Peaceful1 wrote:I just read again before logging in to say AFP will not investigate ..?
Didnt see any news, I set off to work at 8am, so didnt watch any news. Only saw it as I plugged laptop in and it was on headlines.

Now I actually heard Dave Edgar say that they *WOULD* be asking the assistance of the Australian Federal Police during the press conference.

I made notes of all the points as they were revealed, (it is on the other thread that is running) some of them are not in the main report, maybe in tomorrow's papers or later online bulletins.

I am quietly optimistic that this is a significant lead. We have another thread running about this under *Madeleine McCann Latest* and I will leave this one here.

I did not know where this should be, when it was first reported 'yesterday' it was reported as a sighting, as it is clearly not, I will move the other thread from 'Sightings' up to Madeleine McCann Latest!

Sorry for any confusion folks! loser
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:00 am

It is best to remember that we have the Australian Federal Police and police forces in each state. The reports over here are basically saying that the AFP is not investigating, and had not been contacted by officials in Britain. But this doesnt mean that they will not assist. They must formally be asked first.

As I said, the Vic police have already offered assistance, publicly. I suspect the AFP will also assist after the formalities are out of the way. After all, there may be nothing turn up, so nothing will need to be done, who knows, or there may be a rash of sightings of this mysterious woman, which will require following up.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Search moves to Australia Empty Bang On Diane!

Post by Rosie Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:16 am

dianeh wrote:Alroy

THe Victorian police commissioner has offered assistance to the McCanns. I saw it with my own eyes on the Channel 9 nightly news. I took it to mean also that the Vic police could be contacted if needed. Sky news is finding out if there are any local contact numbers to be used and will post on their web site and broadcast. I will be interested as to whether or not the Vic police offer a phone number.

The AFP said that they are not investigating and have not been approached by the British police. What they did not say is that they would not help if someone finds the woman.

It certainly is being taken seriously over here, as evidenced by the Vic police and the news coverage.

We must not forget that Madeleine McCann is still a missing child according to Interpol which means that those forces affiliiated with Interpol must surely be compelled to assist if a sighting, evidence or a witness is found in their jurisdiction. It shouldnt matter a wit if Portugal has closed the case, she is still missing according to INterpol.

I am going on what I actually heard Dave Edgar and Clarence Mitchell say in the press conference on Sky. I was surprised at just how interesting and revealing the conference was and it run for a long time too. I thought the journalists asked some really pertinent questions, questions that I was wondering about and they received very good detailed answers.
All in all, I am shouting inside, but trying to remain calm outside and waiting now.......I just have a feeling that this is going to be significant.

I know that Dave Edgar stated that they would be asking for the help of the Australian Federal Police and I am so relieved that they will be getting the co-operation from the Aussie police too.

Edgar did mention that he has no authority to ask that any police force do anything, but he mentioned that the British police were aware of this development and were co-operating. He also reiterated that he is duty bound to report any significant events, which he has obviously done.
I got the impression that he and Arthur Cowley enjoy great co-operation from the British police and also the police in other countries. This would come of course because these men were at the top of their field and their game and must have a great many contacts within the police force.

He also mentioned that the Portuguese police have been informed, and I note that someone has reported that this has also been on their news!

I am scared now that if this is significant that the Portuguese police will have no choice but to reopen the case, that doesn't scare me, I welcome that BUT what does fill me with trepidation is that the PJ will take over and complete and utterly and on purpose mess this lead up too!

Or is this why Dave Edgar and Arthur Cowley have decided to go public with this? Ensuring that the whole world knows about it BEFORE the PJ decide to slap their completely unnecessary and archaic secrecy law on the investigation? Yet again? A law that I reiterate NEED NOT have been evoked in the very first place, when Madeleine first went missing, this was the down to one man's choice and that man is? Yep you guessed it....Goncalo Amaral.....Again all roads leading back to Goncalo Amaral!

I heard also that Raymond Hewlett got a mention in the press conference, as we suspected he has NOT been ruled out of the investigation, Hewlett remains a person of interest that detectives want to ask certain questions of. I know this man features somewhere in all of this, he knows something alright.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:34 am

Even if the PJ decided to reopen the case, I don't think the detectives hired by the McCanns would quit looking. Didn't the McCanns hire some private investigators (even thouogh they weren't suppose) to shortly after Madeleine went missing and when they (the McCanns) realized that the PJ's didn't have a clue what they (PJ) were doing?
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:33 am

I watched the whole press conference ( I didnt realise that Sky Aust only showed Clarence and a few questions for Edgar, then stopped) last night on Sky Active.

I agree, Rosie, it was very informative and lengthy. Its a pity we couldnt hear all the questions though.

I beleive that the witness has given information that indicates that Madeleine was abducted from PDL. Which means by deduction that she was alive when she left PDL. I noticed 2 things that I want to highlight.

1. The information provided by the witness has no relation to ANYTHING in the PJ files. That is both interesting and disturbing. Disturbing because it indicates that the PJ were no where near this, and if it leads to something, it shows the PJ, under Amaral were totally wrong.

2. Edgar said there was no WOW factor in the witness statement. That is that what the woman said is highly significant, but not like a lightning bolt. Did you pick up on that? I dont like to put words into their mouths, but that appears to me to be saying that what the Aussie woman said shows involvement (or knowledge) of what happened, but nothing to indicate where Madeleine was or is. But of course that is only conjecture.

The other thing was Clarence. When the press went over and over why the man took 2 years to come forward, Clarence said, that to get the information after this time is better than to never get it at all (sorry for paraphrasing). And I agree with him. I was very impressed with Clarence in that news conference. Of course those eyes reading this from the hate pit, will say that is because I am brainwashed. Clarence is very professional yet still managed to convey a personal touch to it. No wonder he is highly regarded in his field.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:30 pm

On GMTV this morning.

On GMTV now.

CM: Grateful to the media for highlighting this story. CM wont confirm headlines suggesting she asked "Where is my child" or "Where is my daughter" but just confirmed that what she said is potentially significant.

The man waiting so long to come forward: Personal reasons, respctable business man, married in 40's grappled with concience about coming forward.

Investigators: They go where evidence takes them. You cant just ask police to look for a person. The wonam is not accused of anything.

Spanish, UK and Portuguese police are working closely with investigators to help. Media helping by promoting.

Also that the story is being promoted in Australia and how the media there are also helping. CM said that they are aware that she may not even be in Australia though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marilyn Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:02 pm

I am pleased to hear the Spanish police are co-operating with the PI's (and it's an open secret they have a dim view of the PJ btw).
Also taking heart with the story because if it is true then Madeleine will not have been harmed and was illegally adopted perhaps. This is the most hoped-for scenario and it just might be true. It does then mean she can still be found and no-one has hurt this lovely child.
I used to pooh-pooh the idea of taken for adoption but this story seems to point that way. I was glad to hear it & am hopeful.

Marilyn
Master
Master

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down