Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DNA clues delay in Maddie probe

+7
christabel
Rosie
Royal
Catkins
dianeh
sadie
clairesy
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

DNA clues delay in Maddie probe - Page 2 Empty HOW DOO ROSIEPOPS!

Post by Royal Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:24 am

Hello Rosie, and anybody else who shares an interest. I fully understand your anger and frustration Rosie,and I more or less agree with most of what you have said, however, there are one or two points which are of concern to me regarding this monster Hewlett. Firstly, and I have mentioned this already, none of us really know the extent of Hewlett's illness, you can with the right treatment survive for many months if not years! On the other hand,some agressive forms of cancer can see a body off in next to no time! As I explained in my previous post if I was condemned to an early death I would certainly as long as physically possible go back to smoking my pipe, I really enjoyed my pipe which if nothing else got me off cigarettes, something I'd tried to do for years! Smoking is a soothing, calming sedative which ridiculous though it may sound is like having a crutch to lean on, yes even a sort of friend at your side! When at any time I felt under stress, what did I do, I'd get my pipe out, light up and relax!! I believe most smokers will agree with me on that point. So I do not believe Hewlett's smoking habit in any way deminishes the seriousness of his illness. I would continue smoking my pipe up to my last dying breath! The other point I wish to emphasize Rosie is that of extraditing Hewlett from Germany. You can believe what you like Rosie but there's no way Hewlett would ever leave Germany quietly, unless of course he 'agreed' to do so, which is very unlikely under the circumstances. I take it he has 'free' legal representation in Germany and if his solicitors have anything about them they would almost certainly contest 'extradition' on health grounds. I would go so far as to say it would be a miracle if the British authorities ever manage to get him back to the UK. Practically everything else you have said about Hewlett I go along with Rosie, he is obviously an evil minded 'scum bag' who deserves to be hung on his past record alone, but I feel you are going to be very disappointed if you continue believing he is going to end up in a British court!

Alroy. X

Royal
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 858
Registration date : 2008-08-09

Back to top Go down

DNA clues delay in Maddie probe - Page 2 Empty Re: DNA clues delay in Maddie probe

Post by Rosie Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:57 am

But sources at the Yorkshire force said that although they were still awaiting instructions on how to proceed from the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), it was unlikely charges would follow. A spokesman for West Yorkshire Police said: "We have been over to interview him and are currently liaising with the CPS regarding the matter.

"We are also still awaiting the results of a DNA profile."

As far as I can see from this report, it does not say that charges will not be brought, so charges could still be brought. It says they are awaiting a decision, so who is pre meditating this decision? Another nameless hack?

It also says they are awaiting DNA results.

So if they have NOT yet got DNA results, then how can they say charges are unlikely to be brought? If the DNA comes back and positively identifies Hewlett in connection with such a serious crime, then the CPS will not just say "oh he is dying, best not bring charges then" it does not work like that!
They will be duty bound to prosecute, whether Hewlett makes it to court and what sentenced is meted out by some old crusty judge, who knows, but it will not be the first time someone who is judged to be dying would stand trial in court! Off topic ~ a short time ago I remember a man on trial for murder, the judge was lenient in his sentencing because the man was said to be in very poor health and not expected to last long, to the best of my knowledge this man is still going and enjoying his life to the full having made a complete idiot out of the judge! (and Hewlett is still alive after being described as at deaths door almost 2 months ago!)

With all respect to the victim and their family, if the CPS says there is a case to answer, then the case will be answered in court, they will not be able to stop it, this is not a civil proceeding this would be a criminal proceeding and the police will bring those proceedings, if necessary.

Hewlett was said to be dying weeks ago, he hasn't yet. Who knows what his physical condition is, I don't doubt for one minute that the CPS would take advice on that.

The last we knew he was discharged home, sitting there smoking and taking money from a journalist to talk and if he can do that and talk for money, then he can do it in court and give a proper account of his actions.

The McCanns detectives have named Hewlett as a 'person of interest', they have never named him as a suspect, this is something the papers wrote.

Jailed THREE times!

I wonder, in between those three times did he go straight? Mend his ways? Keep his slate clean? Pay his debt to society?

What about Lesley Molseed? Can he say why Ronald Castree who admits to raping Lesley during his trial, pointed the finger at Raymond Hewlett and insisted that Hewlett actually murdered Lesley? Castree has actually been given leave to appeal his conviction for murdering her.
I hope Castree rots in prison, I think he should stay there for life for what he done to Lesley, right in the next cell to where Raymond Hewlett should be serving LIFE, for how ever long his life maybe!
Hewlett's blue taxi was seen parked in a lay-by near to where Lesley was found. Hewlett MARRIED at the time, was having an affair with a FIFTEEN year old girl, ran away and later got her to supply him a FALSE alibi.
I am not going to be an apologist for a violent paedophile who has apparently got away with murder. I wonder if the remaining relatives of Lesly Molseed agree that Hewlett has paid his debt to society and think that he should not be prosecuted because he is dying and it would be a waste of money?

Who says he hasn't offended for 30 years? SAYS WHO exactly?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

DNA clues delay in Maddie probe - Page 2 Empty Re: DNA clues delay in Maddie probe

Post by Rosie Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:18 am

Hi Alroy,

I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying about Hewlett and his smoking. I am not saying that he would not take up smoking again, or maybe not bother to give up having been told his prognosis, I fully understand what you are saying there, what I am saying however, is that his picture in the paper is at direct odds with what the journalist actually wrote.

Hewlett obviously has a chronic condition, which can produce an acute condition of being breathless, what I am saying is IF Hewlett's condition was as bad as is being reported and he was this breathless, then he would have been physically *unable* to smoke for various reasons.

So what I am suggesting is perhaps his condition is not as bad as he is saying it is, which seems to be backed up by the fact that he appears in that picture, looking calm and does not appear breathless and and is smoking.

If he was that breathless then he would be physically unable to smoke, it would make him worse.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by littleminx Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:45 am

hi sadie, im sorry but i have to disagree with ur post,

sadie wrote:

As far as we know, Hewlett has changed his ways and hasn't transgessed as far as paedophilia or attacking women/children is concerned for over 30 years.
a leopard do,s not change its spots!! i watched a programe a yr or so ago, there was a man on there who had just come out of jail for child abuse, he had had his man hood cut off to stop him abuseing anyone one else but he said himself that he still had his hands and could not stop thinking about reafending, he was even filmed outside a kids school (well on a grass bank very near to the school) saying he couldnt stop himself thinking about these kids and what he was capable of doing!! his own words were " to stop myself or any other abuser reaffending you will have to keep us locked up!!!

If the family wanted it to go before the Courts, then I dont know what to think. I am with Alroy on this in that it would seem to be a gross waste of Public money for a case to go ahead that is not wanted by the victim and is unlikely to come to fruition, because of death.

That is, if we are being told the truth about the severity of his illness - something that I have doubted, but then I accept that I am probably wrong. As you know, I have wondered if somehow he was planted as a red herring to take our attention off other things that were going on - but it seems silly to wonder, because I dont know how that could be arranged? I think that I must be wrong on that.

He has paid his debt to society, for his foul misdeeds, by serving his time in prison, except for this one dreadful crime. Apart from this one crime of years ago, it appears that he has wiped his slate clear. He has also, paid for them by being forced to lead a rather deprived Nomadic lifestyle
how could he have paid his debt?he spent a short time in jail then was let out a free man!! i doubt very much his victims will ever be free of him mentally! he choice to abuse girls and women no one asked him to do it , there for he was not forced to live a deprived life , he choice to live like it!! like he choice to abuse!
Now that doesn't mean that any of us would want him as a friend, NOR would we trust him near our children affraid

I felt like you when I was young, but age has moderated me. I wouldn't want any more suffering to be added to the suffering he will endure until he dies; he will have more than enough physical and mental pain to contend with. If this family want it to rest, then it is unlikely that the CPS would take it on board anyhow - especially as it would apparently be a gross waste of time and money.

weather or not this family want it draged up he should be punished!! he comited a crime therefore he should do the time!! end off...

As you say, if there is an after life, he will be brought to reckoning there.

Now, the big question is, just why did they take his DNA.......that is a loaded question as far as I am concerned. That has got me thinking! It's OK, private theory only - I wont trouble you all with it! lol! lol!

minx x
littleminx
littleminx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

DNA clues delay in Maddie probe - Page 2 Empty THE QUESTION IS?????

Post by Royal Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:36 am

It is really nice to see everyone so calm and collective about an issue so intense and abhorrent. I think we are all agreed that Hewlett deserves to be punished for this 'alleged' crime against a young innocent girl, however, the question still remaining is 'just how ill is Hewlett',is he actually at deaths door or is it one big bluff? The fact is of course none of us know and wiithout seeing his medical records we never shall know! I would fully agree that 'if' the man 'is' well enough to be charged, tried and convicted for this disgusting offence, then so he should be! But, "the question is", just how ill is he? We are all led to believe the man is suffering with throat cancer and has now been discharged from hospital! That could of course mean one of two things, (1) that the cancer is now in remission and he is well enough to be treated as an outpatient, or (2) the disease is out of control and any further treatment would be pointless as the patient is dying! If number one is the case then probably he could (or rather should) be extradited and face charges in the UK, but even then it would be subject to the condition of his general health. Should number two be the case then I do not see any likelyhood or circumstances whatsoever under which he would be removed from his present home! Furthermore, I suspect that which ever the case may or may not be, you can be sure his solicitors would very firmly contest any extradition aplications issued by the UK on health grounds! That decission would then be up to the German government which could and most certainly would be contested on appeal through the courts which could drag on, and on, and on.....
Alroy.

Royal
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:49 am

A very sound post Alroy.

I bow down to your collective superior knowledge of the rights and wrongs of it.

As I say, I have been where you are, and if he has touched Madeleine, Joana or any of the other abducted children, any child in fact, I, no doubt at all, will be as angry as the rest of you.

And yes, I have always wondered if he is as ill as he says he is. He has always seemed the perfect fall guy to me. The guy to tie the detectives time up and waste the Madeleine money which at one time, Gerry said was running out.

I have also wondered whether he might have transported Madeleine across to Morocco, or been a watcher. And whether he had anything to do with Joanas abduction and somewhat absurdly whether his wife was bundleman.

But, we have absolutely NO proof of any of it. It might be true and it might not. If we want him in jail we either must persuade the woman he abused 30-40 yeras ago, to prosecute him, or we must find proof. It's a witch hunt otherwise.

I still doubt that the CPS would prosecute if it is true that he is dying.

Like Rosie, I can well remember a man who claimed to be dying some years ago. Some Elite, I think it was, who virtually got off his crime due to his so called terminal illness. Certainly I saw a photograph of him, not so long ago, enjoying life and the picture of health

No, without proof and without the victim of his last crime (when he was probably in his late twenties) wanting any action in the case and in luie of his apparent deteriorating health, I really do not think that the CPS would want any part of it

Anyhow, I'll leave it to you.
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:02 am

Last edited by AlexG on Thu May 05, 2011 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:47 am

Rosiepops wrote:Sorry this is something I feel very strongly about!
How are we supposed to know, that Hewlett has not been up to his old tricks? He hasn't been residing in this country he has been on the run with a woman less than half of his age, fathering another family of 6 children, with no visible means of support.
Strangely enough, Portugal does NOT have a 'Sex Offenders Register' and certainly no DNA based register, so how did 'Amaral' supposedly 'know' where to find this man who has been on Crimestoppers most wanted paedophile list for so long?

Paedophiles do not change either, they don't change because they simply do not believe they are doing anything wrong and this makes them dangerous for life. This is why there is a strong argument that chemical castration does not work in these cases, because it is not that part of the body that is wrong, it is the mind that is wrong.

This man Hewlett's offences were NOT petty little misdemeanors, they were nasty violent predatory paedophile crimes, that have probably had a lasting effect on his victims for their whole lives, so excuse me if I do not push out the milk float of human kindness for him.
It is not for the family of people who fall foul of paedophiles to make decisions, it is for the person them-self, if they do not want to fair enough.
If a person who has been a victim of a rape was informed that they know who did it, but as the person was dying no charges were going to be brought, this would be yet another blow, it is telling them that their experience is not worth pursuing. That what happened to them is trivial and unimportan, maybe because somehow they are to blame etc etc etc, their self esteem has already taken a hell of a battering when something like this happens, to have this foisted upon them on top of that would be damaging beyond belief!

Equally, when I wrote about the journalist writing that Hewlett was sitting there struggling for breath, yet in the photo he was sitting there pictured smoking, when I said that struggling for breath and smoking was not conducive to life, I was not talking about past years of smoking, I was talking about Hewlett's supposedly 'acute' condition and I was not referring to his 'chronic' condition. We are led to believe by the papers that he was close to death and struggling for breath, if this was so, he would not be able to smoke and talk at the same time, it would have been physically impossible, he would have needed oxygen, I did not see any and that picture he seem to be struggling for breath, he looked quite calm to me.

Alroy with all due respect your own physiological description of your smoking history, would not really have much in common with Hewlett's.

The only thing that could or even should prevent Hewlett from appearing in court would be the state of his mental health and if he is compos mentis enough to sit there smoking and talking to a journalist for cash, then he is fit enough to sit in a witness box in a court and give an account of his actions. The people he has harmed deserve NO less, no matter how much money it costs, there is plenty of money wasted on unnecessary things in this world and I would not regard this as one of them!

I would like to see all these people going on about Hewlett having paid his debt to society,have their local council pay for Hewlett to move in next door to them or their families with little children. It is OK for us to hold these opinions as long as Hewlett does not come and live in our neighbourhood, or near our children, let him live near someone else's. I believe that Hewlett should have been given life imprisonment for what he did and never allowed near children ever again!

I also fear for his own little children's physical and mental well-being and so apparently did the Spanish authorities, who actually tried to do something about it.

It is NOT the debt to society that Hewlett needs to pay, it is the debt to those people that he has harmed that needs paying. Sick of hearing platitudes like "debt to society". I really dislike referring to the people that Hewlett (and people like Hewlett) have harmed as 'victims', to call them victims implies that he (Hewlett) still has control of them and since control is what all this is about, he hasn't.
For some people to make that transition to putting such an attack firmly in their past, they need to know that everything that could be done either was done or is being done to bring the transgressor to court and that they pay for what they have done.
I know if I or one of my children had fallen foul to this person, I would not be thinking oh well leave him, he has wiped his slate clean. - Poppycock, I would be doing all I could to bring him to justice!

I am also getting rather tired of hearing this talk about "red herrings" as if there is some kind of group that is sitting behind the scenes planning on planting red herrings to thwart the investigation, if they are, then this kind of attitude will do their job for them.

Let's be realistic, there is enough that is 'actually known' about Hewlett to make him a 'person of interest' to the Madeleine McCann investigation.

From what we know, the McCann investigators have not been able to get to speak to Hewlett, so common sense should tell us, that they would not be able to rule him out on this basis.

So therefore Hewlett remains a 'person of interest' to the investigation. Also it should not be forgotten that one of Hewlett's excuses for NOT speaking to the McCanns detectives (after agreeing to in principle) was because he said he could not manage up to five hours of interrogation. This is the length of the time the McCanns investigators said they would need with him. I would suggest imo that if they want to talk to him for this length of time, then they must have all we know of and much more besides about which to talk to him about.
Why couldn't Hewlett talk to them in hourly or two hourly interviews?

If Madeleine was my child, I would be doing everything I possibly could to ensure that Hewlett was spoken to and interrogated.

It wasn't the British police that took his DNA was it? I think I remember reading that it was the German police that did this, although this may have been done on behalf of the British police, of that I am unsure.

My way of looking at this is, that the German police have the blue Dodge truck, which somehow mysteriously has manifested itself in Germany and forensics tests are (as far as we know) still being carried out on it.

That truck appearing in Germany along with all the other mysterious things that came to light that prove Hewlett is still lying, would give me cause for serious concern.

I think Hewlett knows something about the abduction of Madeleine McCann and there is no way he should simply be written off as a 'red herring', which in any event, I do not think the McCann detectives are doing and I think they know their job.

To sum up, I think this report is a 'red herring' probably contains one factual line and the rest is just a load of padding and has been pieced together to beef the story up.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:53 am

christabel wrote:Clairesy I will gladly be the second nurse where Hewletts concerned.
Those children he abused have a life sentence, whats he got?

He may have done nothing wrong in years but does that make it ok for what he has done in the past and got away with.

thank you Christabel thumbsup2 thankyou .
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:16 am

hi rosie,

I agree with your post again.

I think the reason they say they probably wont bring charges because he is dying and see no point.Of course i could be wrong but thats the only reason i could think of.

You see its all well and fine to say its up to the victim if they want to bring charges etc but in certain cases...the police,the law will bring charges to a criminal anyway.

In a case such as this one even if the victim doesn't want to be named,or have any involvement after so many years the police can still do him for the crime he commented.They have a duty to carry out.And regardless as to weather a person he has harmed feels they can summon the courage to face him after all these years is irreverent...the investigation must go on and i would imagine the cops would still have to prosecute him.Infact im pretty dam sure they would take matters into their own hands

This isnt a petty crime where someone as scratched someones car and the owner doesn't want to pursue matters further...its a serious offense........what he as done is now in the hands of the law.

And our law chooses to possibly not press charges.WHY???

Same with domestic violence....if the police are called to a home on a number of occasions they have a duty to file a report etc...after so many calls to that particular house they are suppose to take matters out of the hands of those being abused, and prosecute the violent one without your consent.Thats 100% true,its fact.

The same applies with other crimes.If they are serious, and if people are at risk,they have a duty.

So its irrelevant as to weather this slim ball hewlett as committed crimes in 30 years or not.And its irrelevant as to weather his victims feel they can face him in court.The police already have enough on Hewlett from all of his crimes to prosecute him,they are just choosing to go about this the easy way...imo its a case thats popped up out of the blue and caused them all an inconvenience,at first it was good because they felt he was involved with Madeleine abduction but now its history again and his crimes are unimportant,and that is what makes me sick to the core.

I say put him in a room with some of us here....let us give him his just deserts!!!!

Last edited by clairesy on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:57 am

Hi Clairesy

I am just hoping that this report is flawed and that this is not the situation at all.

As you rightly point out, in the case of a criminal offense it is not up to the victim to bring charges, the police report it to the CPS and it is they who decide if charges are to be brought.

IMO he has escaped detection and prosecution and if there are outstanding charges then he should be made to face them.

Also in-between his three convictions and prison sentences, did he go straight then?
It is obvious he hasn't changed and he is also a manipulative liar and no one can believe a word he says!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:03 am

and also to add to my last post(while im on a roll)....as someone already pointed out(Rosie i think it was) Portugal as no sex offenders register and ask yourselves why the cops in Portugal knew where to find him???They went to question hewlett not long after ,Madeleine went missing........WHY????WHY would they go and question some guy in a van 60 miles away???Hmmmm seems to me they already knew about him.If they did know about him(which they obviously did) then ask yourselves why they failed to informed British police who have had a warrant out for his arrest for years???Hes one of the one most wanted here n the uk so why not tel brit cops???

Also what about that 15 year old gal from Portugal who jst happened to be the ONLY one who could give him an alibi when Madeleine went missing??Hmmmmm

its true you know......a leopard never changes his spots....... and i will put money on it that that animal as abused others in the years hes been on the run in a country where there is NO SEX OFFENDER REGISTER.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:21 am

Rosiepops wrote:Hi Clairesy

I am just hoping that this report is flawed and that this is not the situation at all.

As you rightly point out, in the case of a criminal offense it is not up to the victim to bring charges, the police report it to the CPS and it is they who decide if charges are to be brought.

IMO he has escaped detection and prosecution and if there are outstanding charges then he should be made to face them.

Also in-between his three convictions and prison sentences, did he go straight then?
It is obvious he hasn't changed and he is also a manipulative liar and no one can believe a word he says!

hes built strength up,got better and better at what he does because hes been left to his own devices.No one t help those who have been unfortunate to fall into his clutches and so hes in this on his own....what chance does any child or woman have against someone like him?
That 15 year old girl who gave him the alibi in Portugal is probably someone who could tell a few stories.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

DNA clues delay in Maddie probe - Page 2 Empty HEWLETT!

Post by Royal Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:16 am

A few last words before I'm off to bed! Clairesy, I'm not a hundred percent certain but I believe Hewlett and his family were questioned whilst they were parked up not far from the Ocean Park complex which gave them good reason for questioning him. I expect they had been keeping an eye on him and his family for some time as they were living the life of vagrants or gypsies! The other point of interest is why have the British police gone to the trouble of questioning him now for an offence they believe he committed what, 17 years ago was it? They have known about him being a jail bird and his record as a paedophile for all these years but have not done anything about it, "until now!" Does that seem most odd as it certainly does to me? But as regards this man being punished for an offence which occurred all those years ago, I'm afraid its a case of 'very bad timing' and 'wishful thinking'. But I do agree with you Clairesy he is a "bad-un", rotten to the core and I also suspect he has probably re-offended many times since, even during his time in Portugal and Spain, and like so many victims of adult rape, not every crime is reported to the police. I seem to remember not so long ago the Mccann's detectives stated he was no longer a suspect and they were now concentrating their investigations on sexual preditors in and around PDL? So if 'they' have lost interest in the man and the British police appear not to be persuing their inquiries any further, what's next. Maybe Hewlett "is" guilty of abducting Madeleine, is guilty of other cases of rape and child abuse, is a dirty disgusting 'scum bag' so what can be done about it, and the answer is, precisely nothing, zilch. For what its worth I am really very uncertain about Hewlett's guilt or innocence, I just hope the evil sod is soon swept off the face of the earth, he is an offence to the human race! But if it helps others to continue tearing their hair out and having sleepless nights....... goodnight my friends!
Alroy. X

Royal
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:37 pm

Royal wrote:
A few last words before I'm off to bed! Clairesy, I'm not a hundred percent certain but I believe Hewlett and his family were questioned whilst they were parked up not far from the Ocean Park complex which gave them good reason for questioning him. I expect they had been keeping an eye on him and his family for some time as they were living the life of vagrants or gypsies! The other point of interest is why have the British police gone to the trouble of questioning him now for an offence they believe he committed what, 17 years ago was it? They have known about him being a jail bird and his record as a paedophile for all these years but have not done anything about it, "until now!" Does that seem most odd as it certainly does to me? But as regards this man being punished for an offence which occurred all those years ago, I'm afraid its a case of 'very bad timing' and 'wishful thinking'. But I do agree with you Clairesy he is a "bad-un", rotten to the core and I also suspect he has probably re-offended many times since, even during his time in Portugal and Spain, and like so many victims of adult rape, not every crime is reported to the police. I seem to remember not so long ago the Mccann's detectives stated he was no longer a suspect and they were now concentrating their investigations on sexual preditors in and around PDL? So if 'they' have lost interest in the man and the British police appear not to be persuing their inquiries any further, what's next. Maybe Hewlett "is" guilty of abducting Madeleine, is guilty of other cases of rape and child abuse, is a dirty disgusting 'scum bag' so what can be done about it, and the answer is, precisely nothing, zilch. For what its worth I am really very uncertain about Hewlett's guilt or innocence, I just hope the evil sod is soon swept off the face of the earth, he is an offence to the human race! But if it helps others to continue tearing their hair out and having sleepless nights....... goodnight my friends!
Alroy. X

Hi Alroy,

I don't think they were questioned then, because Hewlett himself said that he had not been near the complex.
The Portuguese police questioned him when he was in hospital, apparently they turned up and Hewlett apparently said they asked him questions but he accepted they were just doing their job! Hewlett has said that the Portuguese police knew all about him anyway!

Our question is how and why? They had no register and Hewlett was not even on our register because his alleged crimes predated the register! But apparently Hewlett was on the Crimestoppers most wanted paedophile list!

The reason why the British police have not questioned him before was because they did not know where he was! This is why we ask, if the Portuguese police did question Hewlett about Madeleine, how and why did they know exactly where to go to question him?

There was a time since Madeleine was abducted that an acquaintance of Hewlett's said they drove to the UK in order for Hewlett to get some papers he needed to register for his pension! Apparently, the police then raided an address in the UK where they thought Hewlett was, but he had already fled and had returned to Portugal.

So the Portuguese police did know that the UK police wanted Hewlett in connection with serious crimes and they did not tell them they knew where he was - why?

This is what makes me think there is corruption going on there. Something is not right about the PJ and the connection with Hewlett.

One other question I ask, is how did Hewlett keep his family? Was he drawing a UK pension? Was he claiming social support from the UK for his family and himself?

This needs looking at!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

DNA clues delay in Maddie probe - Page 2 Empty WOULD YOU BELIEVE, HEWLETT AGAIN!

Post by Royal Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:19 am

Hiya Rosie, not like me to stay up that late and lie in so long this morning, nine oclock! Keep that up and I'll be applying for a shift work job, even 'nights' maybe. Sit outside a tarpolin tent as a 'Nicky' toasting my sandwiches on a Brazier, not Brassiere, no such luck! Seriously Rosie, and I'm not trying to contradict you just for the sake of it, but somewhere in the back of my mind I recollect, (can even see it as though it actually happened) the PJ's questioning Hewlett at his large Blue van, so where have I got that idea from? They may well have also questioned him in hospital, I'm sure they must have done, but I do have this image in my mind of Mrs Hewlett standing in a 'side doorway' of the van, one or two kids standing around, and a TV or Newspaper report that Hewlett had been questioned at his van? That image is as clear as day in my mind! Doesn't often happen to me these days I'm afraid, the only images I see these nowadays are old men with walking sticks or sitting in wheelchairs being pushed along by white haired old ladies sporting rollers and hair nets Ena Sharples style! But another point Rosie, you mentioned the PJ's not having informed the British police of Hewlett's whereabouts, if the Brit police were so keen to find him how about Interpol, and he must have entered and left the UK using his Passport, surely customs and immigration would know when and where he's been? And as you have pointed out, he would be claiming a pension and to do that he would have to divulge his whereabouts to the DHSS! Another thing Rosie, if as you say he was on Crimestoppers as the most wanted paedophile, surely with all the Brit holidaymakers in Portugal and the Algarve some body would have noticed him, his strange Blue van and scruffy looking family, they would stand out like 'sore thumbs' no matter where they were! Yep Rosie, the more I think about it the more I'm sure Hewlett was actually interviewed by the PJ at his van and on the outskirts of PDL. No Kidding!
Alroy. X

Royal
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

DNA clues delay in Maddie probe - Page 2 Empty IT'S ME AGAIN ROSIEPOPS!

Post by Royal Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:39 am

I have just remembered something else Rosie, and I'm sure you will remember it as well as we both go way back! During the early days of the search for Madeleine, within the first few days or maybe a week or so, do you remember some news paper reporters going to interview a scruffy looking man who it was said resembled the 'drawn image' of the 'walking man and child'. He was a loner type of bloke and a recluse and when they got to his fenced off 'small holding' on the ouskirts of PDL he drove them off threatening them with a shot gun! Remember? well it was about this time or even before when I think Hewlett was interviewed at his van. It would be quite easy to forget this as Hewlett did not come into the picture again until recent times! I could be wrong but it seems so vivid in my mind, perhaps somebody else can remember it or even drag it up from some old newspaper articles covering the story at that time?
Alroy. X

Royal
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

DNA clues delay in Maddie probe - Page 2 Empty Hi Alroy

Post by Rosie Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:55 am

Royal wrote:
Hiya Rosie, not like me to stay up that late and lie in so long this morning, nine oclock! Keep that up and I'll be applying for a shift work job, even 'nights' maybe. Sit outside a tarpolin tent as a 'Nicky' toasting my sandwiches on a Brazier, not Brassiere, no such luck! Seriously Rosie, and I'm not trying to contradict you just for the sake of it, but somewhere in the back of my mind I recollect, (can even see it as though it actually happened) the PJ's questioning Hewlett at his large Blue van, so where have I got that idea from? They may well have also questioned him in hospital, I'm sure they must have done, but I do have this image in my mind of Mrs Hewlett standing in a 'side doorway' of the van, one or two kids standing around, and a TV or Newspaper report that Hewlett had been questioned at his van? That image is as clear as day in my mind! Doesn't often happen to me these days I'm afraid, the only images I see these nowadays are old men with walking sticks or sitting in wheelchairs being pushed along by white haired old ladies sporting rollers and hair nets Ena Sharples style! But another point Rosie, you mentioned the PJ's not having informed the British police of Hewlett's whereabouts, if the Brit police were so keen to find him how about Interpol, and he must have entered and left the UK using his Passport, surely customs and immigration would know when and where he's been? And as you have pointed out, he would be claiming a pension and to do that he would have to divulge his whereabouts to the DHSS! Another thing Rosie, if as you say he was on Crimestoppers as the most wanted paedophile, surely with all the Brit holidaymakers in Portugal and the Algarve some body would have noticed him, his strange Blue van and scruffy looking family, they would stand out like 'sore thumbs' no matter where they were! Yep Rosie, the more I think about it the more I'm sure Hewlett was actually interviewed by the PJ at his van and on the outskirts of PDL. No Kidding!

Alroy. X

The picture you are referring to, I think, is one I uploaded on here, it was in the paper edition of the newspaper but wasn't in the online edition, I will have a look for it and give you the link.
I also think that this picture was taken when the family were in Morocco shortly after Madeleine disappeared.

I understand what you are saying about Interpol etc, but I can only go by what I have read and this about the police going to an address looking for Hewlett, was reported by the person he travelled to the UK with. You would think that he would have been picked up in passport control/immigration/customs etc but I can tell you, that I have travelled several times through these borders between Spain and Gibraltar and I have only been asked fro my passport a couple of times and when I have driven from France and into the UK off of the Ferry which of course Hewlett would have entered the country by and I have never been asked for my passport, not once! Or from when I have travelled through from Eire and we have come through in a large van once because we went to get booze for a wedding. So it is conceivable that Hewlett entered the same way!
Also he would need one address for his claim and then he would simply take his money out via his bank account and I don't think it is illegal to do this, although I am not sure.

This is why I say that these two things need urgent checks, because if Hewlett and his family are being kept by the British taxpayer, then there would be an electronic trail of where and when he has taken his money!

I think this is very important, I have mentioned it a few times before but it has not been picked up on yet, I hope the UK authorities are checking up on him!

Last edited by Rosiepops on Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:56 am

Yes Alroy I do remember this, I think you are talking about the pig farmer and again I have put his name and his photo up on here and you are correct, this man closely resembles one of the witness descriptions of this man.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemary Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:35 am

If Hewlett has been evading the UK police for so long it is very doubtful if he would have had a UK Pension delivered to a UK Bank or any Bank in Europe because in order to do so he would have needed a permanent address either in UK or Europe. And all he had was a van! If he had an address that was belonged to a friend he would have been found by checking with the Pensions office. No he was/is an itinerant. His wife would be able to claim social security from Germany which would have covered their basic needs I imagine, as I suspect she had a permanent address there. He added to the family coffers by doing odd jobs and selling stuff.

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:50 am

DNA clues delay in Maddie probe - Page 2 News-graphics-2008-_439335a

hi alory think this is the guy your talking about i remember him to...he raped women in pdl.British holiday makers they were.Here he is with his shot gun chasing off the press!! bloody lunatic
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jackf Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi Clairesy,

He's a pig farmer called Joaquim Jose Marques. I think I read a long time ago a post on abovetopsecret by Optimus Fett (Matt Fazakerley), who was Malinka's business partner, that the girl was SM's girlfriend at the time.

Here's a link about it (I hope it's ok to put it here)

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread222184/pg1

reply posted on 21-8-2006 @ 07:33 AM by optimus fett

I have a rather different story to tell than most,

i recentley got involved in a punch up with a guy that lives near my village in the Algarve.

This guy raped my friends gf 9 years ago with another portuguese guy, he was 19 at the time. He spent 3 years in prison ( a lesser sentance for turning his pal in to the cops after they arested him first) He has come out now and and is renound for being a violent and aggresive lunatic, surviving by stealing and mugging tourists...sadly the story is always the same...not enough eviance to convict.

He joked to an associate of mine that he checks which tourists have been on holday for nearly 2 weeks then mugs them in the last days of their holidays as they cannot be bothered with remaining in the country to continue with prossecutions, should he be caught at the scene or have to be identified in a line up when the police pull him in.

there's more on the link

jackf
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:46 pm

jackf wrote:Hi Clairesy,

He's a pig farmer called Joaquim Jose Marques. I think I read a long time ago a post on abovetopsecret by Optimus Fett (Matt Fazakerley), who was Malinka's business partner, that the girl was SM's girlfriend at the time.

Here's a link about it (I hope it's ok to put it here)

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread222184/pg1

reply posted on 21-8-2006 @ 07:33 AM by optimus fett

I have a rather different story to tell than most,

i recentley got involved in a punch up with a guy that lives near my village in the Algarve.

This guy raped my friends gf 9 years ago with another portuguese guy, he was 19 at the time. He spent 3 years in prison ( a lesser sentance for turning his pal in to the cops after they arested him first) He has come out now and and is renound for being a violent and aggresive lunatic, surviving by stealing and mugging tourists...sadly the story is always the same...not enough eviance to convict.

He joked to an associate of mine that he checks which tourists have been on holday for nearly 2 weeks then mugs them in the last days of their holidays as they cannot be bothered with remaining in the country to continue with prossecutions, should he be caught at the scene or have to be identified in a line up when the police pull him in.

there's more on the link
So reading further from Fett..2006..........Well it didn't happen that the pig farmer was jailed......he's still around.......... pullinghairout pullinghairout
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

DNA clues delay in Maddie probe - Page 2 Empty PIGS & PIG FARMERS

Post by Royal Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:51 pm

Thanks Clair for the Photograph of the Pig farmer, yes, I seem to remember that picture being in the newspaper at the time, looks like a real nutter doeesn't he, no wonder the reporters scarpered! How do some little children (he must have been one at some time) develop into idiotic thugs and out and out criminals such as him, (allegedly) "thought I'd better add that little bit!" And Jackf, thanks for your fascinating post, thank God I managed to get through my life without going to prison! Reading those stories made me shudder at the thought, I know that sort of thing does go on in prisons but did not realize it was carried out to such a huge extent, and as for 'gang rapes' ye gods, that is terrifying! Even so, I agree with your sentiments about the guy you had the 'fisty cuffs' with, guess he got or is getting his 'come uppance' at last! Amazing stuff Jackf, thanks again!
Alroy.

Royal
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2