Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OPRAH COMFORTS EMOTIONAL KATE

+2
sadie
clairesy
6 posters

Go down

OPRAH COMFORTS EMOTIONAL KATE Empty OPRAH COMFORTS EMOTIONAL KATE

Post by clairesy Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:05 pm

UK NEWS

OPRAH COMFORTS EMOTIONAL KATE

OPRAH COMFORTS EMOTIONAL KATE 97162_1

EMOTIONAL: Kate McCann was comforted by Oprah

Sunday April 26,2009

A
TEARFUL Kate McCann was comforted by chatshow host Oprah Winfrey after
admitting she did not recognise her missing daughter from new pictures
of how she would look today.

Spearheading a new search for Madeleine, the
TV chat queen has promised the little girl’s parents that she will do
anything in her power to help find the missing child, with the new
appeal expected to net a worldwide audience of 1.2billion in 144
countries.
Oprah hugged
Kate after an emotional hour-long interview in Chicago which will form
part of a one-hour special on missing Madeleine who vanished during a
family holiday in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on May 3, 2007, just days
before her fourth birthday.
Sources
close to the TV host said she was impressed by the “dignity and
courage” of Kate and husband Gerry. Many in the audience were in tears
as they listened to Kate describe the anguish of discovering Madeleine
had been snatched from her bed at their holiday villa.
Oprah’s
gentle probing about their ordeal led up to the most emotional moment
of the interview when a computer-genera­ted photo, created by artists
at the National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children in
Alexandria, Virginia, of how Mad­eleine would look aged six was
screened. Kate froze, her eyes filling with tears as she admitted she
did not recognise her own daughter.
Many
in the American audience admitted they did not know about the McCanns
as there was little coverage of the disappearance in the United States.
Gerry
was insistent that Madeleine was still alive and both parents made an
appeal for their daughter to be returned.Oprah asked anyone who might
know of her whereabouts to contact the McCanns through their website,
findmadeleine.com
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

OPRAH COMFORTS EMOTIONAL KATE Empty Re: OPRAH COMFORTS EMOTIONAL KATE

Post by clairesy Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:09 pm

I go to Maddie's room and talk to her twice a day
What Kate told Oprah 2 years after she vanished

OPRAH COMFORTS EMOTIONAL KATE Maddie_01_2504_36229a

SO BRAVE: Kate's emotions still raw
OPRAH COMFORTS EMOTIONAL KATE Maddie_02_2504_36231a

STILL MISSING: Madeleine at 4

OPRAH COMFORTS EMOTIONAL KATE Maddie_04_2504_36233a

COMFORT: Oprah
By Sara Nuwar,
26/04/2009
HAUNTED Kate McCann has confessed she visits missing daughter Madeleine's
bedroom twice a day to chat to her.

Kate's moving admission came during an extraordinary interview with TV host Oprah Winfrey, filmed just days before the second anniversary of Madeleine's mysterious disappearance. When asked how often she thought of Madeleine, mum-of-three Kate replied: "Not a day goes by when I don't think about her. I feel Madeleine is still close to me and alive."She then described how her daughter's bedroom at their Leicestershire home is kept ready for her return and touchingly told how she goes in there at least twice a day "just to say hello to Madeleine".
In the compelling hour-long show taped in Chicago, Kate, 41, and husband Gerry
told how: TWINS Sean and Amelie still talk about their older sister "coming home".
DAUGHTER Amelie now wears Madeleine's clothes. ANGUISH left Kate wishing she could slip into a coma and not wake until the drama ends and Madeleine is back.
The McCanns are desperate to shine the spotlight back on the case as the two-year anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance comes next Sunday, May 3. The toll of the long search- supported by a £1.5 million reward offer from the News of the World-was clearly etched on frail Kate's face and she broke down a number of times. She was comforted by Gerry and Oprah herself. Many of the audience, who were left boxes of tissues under their seats, sobbed as Kate talked. OPRAH COMFORTS EMOTIONAL KATE Maddie_poster_2504_36234aHUNT: Our reward

Gerry clutched her hand while she struggled to describe the devastation Madeleine's disappearance from their Portuguese holiday apartment caused. Kate had to wipe away tears when she was shown a computer-generated image of how Madeleine may now look at six years old. Staring at the screen, she did not recognise the face looking back at her. "I don't know who that little girl is," she admitted. The incredible picture shows Madeleine with slightly darker hair than the blonde locks seen in her last holiday snaps. Her face is also thinner, but her piercing blue eyes shine through.
When Kate was asked by Oprah if that was how she imagined her daughter would
now look, she began to well up. "I only remember Madeleine when she was four," said Kate. "She remains four years old in my mind."The photograph will be used in a reconstruction the McCanns are planning next month. Kate also shed a tear when she talked about how her other children miss their "big sister". "I can't believe that the twins are now older than Madeleine was when she disappeared," said Kate."They're four and Madeleine was a few days from her fourth birthday when she went missing."Kate said the twins talk of their big sister all the time and say: "Madeleine will like this when she comes home."And Kate told how Amelie has taken to borrowing some of Madeleine's clothes-although the oufits last worn by her in Portugal are kept tucked away and untouched.
Sighs
As well as film of the Praia da Luz holiday flat there was footage of the McCanns at their Leicestershire home. In one scene Kate is moved to tears as she points to Madeleine's painting of a train on the kitchen wall. She told Oprah it was completed just before they left for Portugal. A home video of Madeleine singing "If you're happy and you know it" drew audible sighs from the audience. Kate confessed there are times "when I wish I was in a coma and I wake up and Madeleine is back home with us." Oprah asked if they would ever stop looking and the couple shook their heads.
"There are too many unanswered questions," said Kate.
£1.5m
REWARD INFORMATION
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:23 pm

Im soo glad that Oprah as been supportive to the mccanns.Not that i thought for one minuit that she wouldn't be mind you!.

Shred a tear reading that i have. cant be posting now as its soo late and i need my bed, but thought i would post this here as i just got a google alert so went to see what was going on. Sad,and i hope and prey they ghet some results, i hope someone sees this show and feels the same way i do right now because right now i wanna bend over backwards to help them find madeleine but there is nothing i can do practically to help them.But there is someone who can and that someone must have a heart somehwhere surly? I hope they make that important phone call and end this once and for all. For madeleine .
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:13 pm

I just read that full article myself, before coming here to put a link up to it, to see you had already mentioned it.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/278970/Kate-McCann-talks-to-Oprah-Winfrey-2-years-after-Maddie-vanished-Find-Maddie-pound15-million-reward-offer.html

It has left me prickly eyed as well, I can tell you. Lord knows what I'll be like after watching the show.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:43 pm

vee8 wrote:I just read that full article myself, before coming here to put a link up to it, to see you had already mentioned it.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/278970/Kate-McCann-talks-to-Oprah-Winfrey-2-years-after-Maddie-vanished-Find-Maddie-pound15-million-reward-offer.html

It has left me prickly eyed as well, I can tell you. Lord knows what I'll be like after watching the show.

We are all prickly eyed, or worse, Vee

What a toll it has taken on Kates face. How she has suffered.

The obnoxious people on hate sites accusing /defiling their names with the help of 'mastermind' Bennett, have all added enormously to their heartbreak....... and to be made suspects in their own childs death, when they were in such grief?

What they have been going through, just doesn't bear thinking about

I have never been vengeful, but surely these unthinking arrogant individuals (or is an organised group?) need to have their time in Court. Hopefully it will happen. The sooner the better
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:05 pm

Glad to know Oprah promised to do everything in her power to help find our sweet Madeleine McCann, thank you Oprah for being so kind, so caring with the couple McCann. Please, if anyone knows something about sweet Madeleine´s whereabouts, please, contact www.findmadeleine.com please contact investigation@findmadeleine.com Thank you.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:53 pm

Just a quick reminder of the reward details.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/article2386.ece

Reward for missing Madeleine

Record £1.5m for information leading to Maddie's safe recovery

THE News of the World has put up a record £1.5 million reward for the safe return of Madeleine McCann.

Stars and business leaders have donated huge sums in an unprecedented show of support for our Find Maddie campaign - to make up the largest award in newspaper history.

After we kicked off the fund with £250,000, Harry Potter author JK ROWLING put up a staggering amount - the largest single donation. But she asked us not to reveal the exact figure.

Kind-hearted JK married a Portuguese TV journalist and her first child Jessica was born in Portugal, a few hours' drive from Praia da Luz where Maddie was snatched.

Her dad Gerry said: "We are very happy and pleased with what you are doing. Anything that can be done to publicise that Madeleine is missing and help with the search is very welcome."

Topshop tycoon SIR PHILIP GREEN matched our £250,000 and said: "I hope this makes a difference."

Virgin's SIR RICHARD BRANSON put up £100,000, saying: "I'd like to appeal as a father to whoever is holding her to please bring her home safe."

Everton football club chairman and theatre boss BILL KENWRIGHT was one of the first people to see pictures of Maddie wearing his club's shirt before they were released this week.

Mr Kenwright, who has pledged a huge personal sum, said: "If it helps towards the reunion it will be the best cheque I've ever written."

Footie chairmen EGGERT MAGNUSSON of West Ham and Reading's JOHN MADEJSKI both gave £10,000.

Ann Summers boss JACQUELINE GOLD donated £100,000, explaining she wanted to get involved after meeting Sara Payne.

She said: "I pray that this nightmare comes to an end soon with the safe return of their beautiful little girl."

Telly star SIMON COWELL promised £50,000, saying: "I heard about the terrible situation here in LA and I hope she is found safe and sound."

Manchester United star WAYNE ROONEY and fiancée Coleen McLoughlin pledged £25,000, telling us: "We are praying for Maddie's safe return and for an end to what must be a nightmare for all her family."

The England cricket team joined in with £20,000. Captain MICHAEL VAUGHAN said: "Our thoughts and prayers are for Maddie's safe return."

Entrepreneur SIR TOM HUNTER pledged £100,000 with EasyJet boss SIR STELIOS Haji-Ioannou and Matalan chief JOHN HARGREAVESchipping in with large sums too.

The Mark Warner company, which runs the Ocean Village resort where Maddie was snatched, said: "We wholeheartedly support the News of the World initiative and anything that helps get Madeleine back."

Our reward offer, which appears in several major European languages on the right, is subject to standard News of the World reward offer conditions.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:55 am

Oh Gawd, my heart is aching. Can you imagine looking at a photo of your child and not recognising them, it hits home just how long they have been without Madeleine. I know its been 2 years but it doesnt feel like 2 years if you know what I mean. I found this a real reality check maybe thats why I feel more upset then I have for a while I feel so desperate for them.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:05 am

I know what you mean. It only seems like yesterday, doesn't it? But to Kate and Gerry it must seem like an eternity.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:27 am

Like Kate, I still think of Madeleine as a 4yo. Of course I know she will be older, but when I picture her, she is that little girl in the last photos, taken the day she disappeared.

The article, and not for the first time, has set me to crying again. The heartbreak for Kate and Gerry. The heartbreak for Madeleine. When will this all end?
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down