Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kate returning to Portugal

4 posters

Go down

Kate returning to Portugal Empty Kate returning to Portugal

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:34 pm

I hear that Kate is planning a return to Portugal.

My understanding is they believe that there is still the missing pieces of information and evidence firmly in Portugal. Someone in Portugal holds the information and starting a new chapter without any 'anti portuguese' feelings or 'Anti PJ' feelings could result in the information being revealed easier. Let bygones be bygones. A new chapter and the search continuing with all hands on deck.

A new chapter of co operation and the wish to start looking for the missing child without the baggage of Madeleine being dead and buried.

I think any risk of the Portuguese people feeling that they are seen in a xenophobic way or racist way will hinder the campaign to find Madeleine.

Currently I feel that Tony Bennett is not helping but hidering, as his campaign can be seen as judging the police to have been wrong (post Amaral), considering the PJ removed Amaral from the case, the prosecutors conclusion to be wrong and therefore the investigation to have been wrong.

Madeleine is still missing. Dead, alive, abducted, walked off, whatever. She must be found and whatever anyone thinks of Kate and Gerry. They want to know more than anybody else.

True justice for Madeleine is to find her whatever theory is followed. Unless she is found the truth will most likely never be found.

Find Madeleine!!

Back to top Go down

Kate returning to Portugal Empty Re: Kate returning to Portugal

Post by Marilyn Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:56 pm

I hope that Kate will not be whistled at like she was last time. Surely by now the people there understand that no-one who has any guilt at all would go to such lengths, for so long, and endure so much as they have done.. no-one would do that unless they are completely innocent. I hope that the people turn out and acknowledge their endurance with respect.

This would be a slap in the face for the persecuters and would mean so much to the McCann's.

Keeping my fingers crossed too that only the genuine & honest police will be involved, and will now try and help them. If they could find Madeleine then it would also be a victory for them & the country too. Can't they see that.

Marilyn
Master
Master

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Kate returning to Portugal Empty Kate returning to Portugal

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:15 pm

Hi Mod, I only wish things were as simple as you state. But alas I do not think they will get much Portuguese help. I do not believe Kate and Gerry's return to Portugal has anything to do with requesting the Portuguese authorities to re-open the case. Neither do I believe (as the antis are quoting) that they have been summonsed back. In my opinion the reason for their visits is to talk to their lawyer and go over what was in the files...and hopefully get things on track for their British team who are now searching for Madeleine. I think Gerry's visit was to test the water to see how far they could go with this British team without breaking any Portuguese laws.
I do believe they have come across a new lead....and that is why they are stepping up the search.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi Mum, I agree, Gerry didn't return because he was summonsed or anything to do with the Two fictional books. As you say it is to kick start their search for that information.

No doubt the British team will be at the forefront and paving the way for co operation with Portuguese authorities is a stepping stone in the right direction. After all it is the team which has been focussed on the search for Madeleine.

Co operation with the PJ would be a positive step if it could be possible.

Sometimes it could just be so simple, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:29 pm

I think their reason for returning is probably more to do with attention.I dont mean attention in a bad way,I mean attention from media etc which will in turn drum up more awareness to madeleines plight.Hopefully bringing in more leads and maybe some possitive sightings etc.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:05 pm

clairesy wrote:I think their reason for returning is probably more to do with attention.I dont mean attention in a bad way,I mean attention from media etc which will in turn drum up more awareness to madeleines plight.Hopefully bringing in more leads and maybe some possitive sightings etc.

Good thinking Claire. And maybe it is additionally to prove to the non-believers/antis that they truly are innocent, and do not fear arrest.

I feel sure that it is mainly to do with pushing the case forward though and raising awareness.
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:34 am

If it is just for awareness, why wait so long to return.

I think that there may be some new lead and this is providing the opportunity to ramp up the investigation in Portugal.

And Gerry's comments about working with the authorities were made in case something comes of it, and the case will be re-opened.

I worry a bit about Kate going there though. I doubt that she will be received warmly by many over there, not with the vitriol and lies still spewing out of Amaral and the Courier de Manure. I wonder what she can achieve over there.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:39 am

Hi Diane, I tend to agree with you. Their sudden return to Portugal does point to the fact they have a new lead. Which for obvious reasons they are not elaborating on at the moment. I don't believe their visits have anything to do with the Portuguese police at the moment...what would be the point. They failed to follow a good lead before...so I cannot see them following one now. In my opinion the only time the PJ will become involved is if this new lead proves to be fruitful and they need the backup of the PJ.
As for Kate returning to Portugal...I just hope she does not attempt to go alone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down