Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deleted texts?

3 posters

Go down

Deleted texts? Empty Deleted texts?

Post by vee8 Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:14 am

I have tried asking this on the democracy forum, under my nomedeplume, but so far everyone's too busy hurling insults at each other! No disrespect meant to anyone on here who is on there of course! But I am referring to the statement that bennett made, that Kate and Gerry deleted all their texts the day after the abduction. I am not so good with tech stuff, so I wondered how it was possible to prove this? I know phone companies keep records, and can prove if a text was sent or received, but can they also tell if it is deleted? it goes to the root of one of bennett's reasons, that Kate and Gerry refused to hand over their mobile phone records. If that were true, how would he know their texts were deleted? In any case, why is this suspicious? I always delete my texts after I have read them. I just want to know HOW, or even IF this is possible to prove.

Last edited by Rosiepops on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forum Revamp)
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Deleted texts? Empty Deleted texts?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:33 am

Vee as far as I am aware the mobile companies cannot tell if you have deleted the texts from your phone.....and neither can they retrieve them. In fact if I remember correctly to when I had a mobile phone on contract...the statements I received did not even itemise texts. It just gave a total spent on them. But things may have changed now.

Back to top Go down

Deleted texts? Empty Re: Deleted texts?

Post by maria Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:28 pm

Vee

1. As far as I can remember, around the day of disappearance Gerry handed over his mobile to PJ who verified his two or three msgs.

2. Later, PJ requested the list of calls and messages from their phones along with the texts of the messages from the comms companies, which has been denied by the instruction judge as this would be a serious break of individual privacy (investigate private msgs in arrears).

3. Therefore, it is pure speculation to say they have or haven't erased their messages.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:44 am

Deleted text messages can be retrieved.

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:13 am

maria wrote:Vee

1. As far as I can remember, around the day of disappearance Gerry handed over his mobile to PJ who verified his two or three msgs.

2. Later, PJ requested the list of calls and messages from their phones along with the texts of the messages from the comms companies, which has been denied by the instruction judge as this would be a serious break of individual privacy (investigate private msgs in arrears).

3. Therefore, it is pure speculation to say they have or haven't erased their messages.

But there IS a list of all their calls, both before and after the abduction, in the files. Could the McCann's have offered the list voluntarily, so as to help the investigation?
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:37 am

Sorry Vee, pidgeon english...

What the court denied was the actual text, not the list. The text can be retrieved, unlike a conversation: if the conversation is not tapped (and taped...) it vanishes, the text stays.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:40 am

Hi Vee, yes I think they can retrieve text messages, in actual fact I do not think there is much they cannot do with the technology these days.

But exactly as Maria has said, the PJ sought permission from the Portuguese judge to gain access to their mobile phone records and this was turned down because it was thought there was a lack of evidence on which to order a gross infringement on a persons privacy.
I think also the PJ were refused permission to request from the UK phone companies the same data. Instead of stating this unequivocally, they leaked that the McCanns would not hand over their records and the UK authorities were blocking the PJ from getting them, when this could not be further from the truth!

This is just another in a long line of dirty tricks in the plan to blacken the names of the McCanns, it is all part of smear campaign against them. You have to wonder why this was deemed so important to impede and blacken the McCanns at every point as well as NOT searching for Madeleine?!

So any speculation about text messages and phone calls is just that, speculation! Apparently Gerry did not receive more than a handful of calls on his phone the whole time he has in PDL up until Madeleine went missing.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down