Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murdered Tot's Spin Dryer Torture in New Zealnd

+2
Pedro Silva
christabel
6 posters

Go down

Murdered Tot's Spin Dryer Torture in New Zealnd Empty Murdered Tot's Spin Dryer Torture in New Zealnd

Post by christabel Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:37 pm

Murdered Tot's Spin Dryer Torture

12:25pm UK, Tuesday November 18, 2008

Two brothers have been convicted of murdering a three-year-old girl after months of abuse, including spinning the tot in a tumble dryer.

Three-year-old Nia Glassie suffered months of abuse

The case in New Zealand exposed a circle of family neglect involving the girl's mother, who was found guilty of manslaughter because she failed to protect her child.

Justice Judith Potter wept in court as she thanked the clearly shaken jury after the verdicts were read out.

Nia Glassie died of brain injuries in a hospital in August last year, two weeks after being kicked in the head by Wiremu Curtis, 19, and his 22-year-old brother Michael.

The youngster's mother Lisa Kuka, 35, shared a house with her boyfriend Wiremu Curtis, his brother and other adults.

The brothers face life behind bars after being found guilty of murder and child cruelty in Rotorua High Court. Kuka is facing 10 years in prison.

She was bullied in the worst kind of way. She was singled out, for what reason we do not know.

- Prosecutor Fletcher Pilditch

Nia's cousin, Michael Pearson, 20, and Michael Curtis' partner, 18-year-old Oriwa Kemp - who also lived in the house with the toddler - were found guilty of child cruelty.

The child suffered abuse "amounting to torture".

She was slapped, punched, kicked, flung against a wall and held high in the air before being dropped to the floor.

The child was also spun at inside a hot clothes dryer and whirled rapidly on a rotary clothesline until she was flung off and, at one point, was left lying unconscious for 36 hours without medical attention.

Prosecutor Fletcher Pilditch said: "She was bullied in the worst kind of way. She was singled out, for what reason we do not know."

New Zealand's Children's Commissioner, Dr Cindy Kiro, said the case was shocking because other adults knew the abuse was going on and did nothing about it.

"Both family members and neighbours were aware of the neglect and abuse Nia was subject to," she said in a statement.

"That they didn't speak out in time is something they will have to live with."
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Murdered Tot's Spin Dryer Torture in New Zealnd Empty Re: Murdered Tot's Spin Dryer Torture in New Zealnd

Post by Pedro Silva Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:20 am

The b*****ds.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Murdered Tot's Spin Dryer Torture in New Zealnd Empty Re: Murdered Tot's Spin Dryer Torture in New Zealnd

Post by vee8 Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:24 am

My God.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamin Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:43 am

Truly truly sick

Dreamin

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Murdered Tot's Spin Dryer Torture in New Zealnd Empty I dont understand

Post by dianeh Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:17 am

How can someone sit back and watch this happen? If I suspected any abuse like that, I would ring the police, as often as I had to. I would report it to Community Services. I wouldnt let up until something happened. This is different to the Baby P case, where the extended family had no idea what was going on. In this case, they knew, and did nothing.

Poor little baby, she is in a better place now. And once again, where were the child welfare services. I understand that in the some communities in NZ abuse is common and goes unreported. So why arent more stringent checks done.

And once again I have to say. If people knew they were going to go to gaol for the rest of their lives for harming their children, then maybe they wouldnt do it. As with Baby P's mother, she thinks she will be home by Xmas, when in reality she will be lucky to see the outside of a gaol for at least 10 years. And it should be life. A life for a life. How can these people be so ignorant to not understand the harm they are doing to the child. If they care so little for the child that they wont take care of her (or him) then they at least need to be made to understand that their own lives will be ruined, and they will spend an enormous amount of their lives in gaol. They are obviously selfish people, so they must be educated in such a way that they understand, and appealing to their selfishness (self preservation) is the IMO the way to do it.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:36 am

now imo each and everyone of those sick twisted b@stards needs to be tortured back the exact same way. Thats really p/ssed me off.This is sick and that child must have been terrified beyond imagination.Her mother is a no good for nothing piece of sh/t who should be sterilised along with the rest of those arr@holes. They should never be allowed to be freed from jail.I hope they are all haunted by that child's cries for the rest of their lives.

RIP little angel sleep tight,no more hurt for you. :sendingulove: :sendingulove: :sendingulove:
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down