Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rogerio Alves - McCanns Portuguese Lawyer

+2
helenm
christabel
6 posters

Go down

Rogerio Alves - McCanns Portuguese Lawyer Empty Rogerio Alves - McCanns Portuguese Lawyer

Post by Tinkerbell43 Tue May 13, 2008 7:54 am

I dont think we have touched on this, but Mr. Alves has allegedly said Detectives in Portugal have finally admitted they have no evidence against the McCanns and preparations are underway to lift their status, which he believes will be around August. Unfortunately as well as lifting the status, the bad news is the case is likely to be closed!

I hope this is true and the case can be handed over to Scotland Yard, but why wait, why not do it now!!!. For christsake, for once in twelve months do something right and put this little child first.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Rogerio Alves - McCanns Portuguese Lawyer Empty Rogerio Alves - McCanns Portuguese Lawyer

Post by christabel Tue May 13, 2008 8:02 am

Tinks,

I don't trust this man for some reason. :x
I think he tells what he is told to tell, by who?
It was him that said Kate may have misinterpreted what was said about the offer for her to confess.
He's the bloody lawyer, he should have translated properly ????????? Sound like another translators crap :sleep:
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Rogerio Alves - McCanns Portuguese Lawyer Empty Re: Rogerio Alves - McCanns Portuguese Lawyer

Post by Tinkerbell43 Tue May 13, 2008 8:38 am

Thanks Christabel, thats interesting, I wasn't aware of that.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rogerio Alves - McCanns Portuguese Lawyer Empty he was coveing his own butt

Post by helenm Wed May 14, 2008 1:09 am

Christabel, The Mccann's lawyers was IMO covering his own butt by saying that there had been a misinterpretation. Don't forget he is also covered by the judicial secrecy laws. For Kate Mccann to subsequently come out and say that she had been offered a deal was against those laws. He had no option to state misinterpretation.

I found this article from the Sunday Mirror (displayed on Gazetta Digital) that maybe explains why he did this. Apparently Kate Mccann gave interview stating that she had been a deal.

www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/sunday/2007/09/09/kate-tells-of-nightmare-98487-19758451/
helenm
helenm
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 174
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Rogerio Alves - McCanns Portuguese Lawyer Empty Was Kate offered a deal ?

Post by Tinkerbell43 Wed May 14, 2008 5:22 am

I think it was Philomena that first advised of the deal, Justine Mcguiness hinted there was one and in the recent documentary, Kate intimated the same by saying "I'd have fought to the death at that point, no way would I be railroaded".

This confirms to me she was offered a deal. It is the way imo these lazy bunch of thugs operate, go for a confession and get it over with as quickly as possible. Well Tubby, you totally underestimated the McCanns, they will never give up searching for the truth, and one day soon when the status is lifted, you will be exposed for the corrupt person I believe you are.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rogerio Alves - McCanns Portuguese Lawyer Empty Kate Deal..

Post by Mandz Wed May 14, 2008 5:30 am

My understanding was that she was offered a deal which Gerry’s sister stated and it has been reported in reliable newspapers and on the recent documentary Kate said she was not going to be railroaded into anything and I’m sure it was reported that her lawyer advised her to take accept the deal which Kate was horrified. Maybe he was just testing her?
In my opinion: I think he is scared of the PJ..? Look at Joana lawyer who ended up being charged (i think) with drugs whilst visiting her. Who was in charge of drug squad..Amarel...Who knows?
Mandz
Mandz
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Rogerio Alves - McCanns Portuguese Lawyer Empty On the deal.

Post by dianeh Wed May 14, 2008 10:12 am

You know it probably wasnt a real deal (doesnt that sound ridiculous), in the way we think that they happen. In our system, they are plea bargains, in the it is clearly offered by the prosecution, if you plead guilty to this lesser charge, this is the sentence you will get.

I think that the PJ probably kept saying what the sentence would be for accidentally killing Madeleine, not offering her a deal. And this would all be designed to make her plead guilty or just confess, and I guess if you were guilty, you probably would confess at that point. And if innocent, like Kate, then you would tell them to piss off. Fight for justice with every bone in your body, and that is what she has done.

BUT strictly speaking it is probably not a deal. In Portugal, there is no plea bargain system, or so I have been told. But since that came from one of the lying beggars that used to hang around on the DX HYS, who knows if it is even true.

What I am trying to say, is that the lawyer is probably correct and no deal was offered. But that doesnt mean that Kate was left with anything other than the correct impression that if she confessed to killing Madeleine, she would only get 2 yrs (or whatever it was). For eg, if you accidentally killed Madeleine, you would probably only get 2 years, if very different to saying if you confess to killing Madeleine, we can come to a sentencing agreement of 2 years.

Just my opinion of course but I really think that not having a plea bargain system, doesnt mean that 'deals' arent done. They are just not done overtly, which means that they can also be denied.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Rogerio Alves - McCanns Portuguese Lawyer Empty The 'deal'

Post by tulip Wed May 14, 2008 7:09 pm

Diane, I have always believed what you have just stated to be the case. It is so easy to see how it woul have come about.
tulip
tulip
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Rogerio Alves - McCanns Portuguese Lawyer Empty Deal or no deal...?

Post by Mandz Wed May 14, 2008 7:43 pm

Hi all!!
I’m not sure but in my opinion when Gerry’s sister stated Kate was offered a two year sentence if she confessed then to me this is some kind of a deal/offer whether it is legal or not she was allegedly offered this. Look at Joana mother who was beaten and tortured and was interviewed without a lawyer present? This is not legal.

I believe Gerry’s sister and brother. As for the lawyer he of course had to deny this it is the PJ after all. He apparently advised Kate to take it however she apparently told him no way. Anyway that is my take on it for what it’s worth!!
🇳🇴
Mandz
Mandz
Apprentice's Assistant
Apprentice's Assistant

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Rogerio Alves - McCanns Portuguese Lawyer Empty Re: Rogerio Alves - McCanns Portuguese Lawyer

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down