Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby Humpack Whale to be put down this morning.

3 posters

Go down

Baby Humpack Whale to be put down this  morning. Empty Baby Humpack Whale to be put down this morning.

Post by dianeh Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:34 am

I am very sad to say that we (Australia) has been unable to save the poor lost baby humpback whale. The baby is so weak that he can hardly swim and he will be put to sleep in the next few hours, if it has not been done already.

We tried hard, but there was nothing to be done. The poor baby is thought to be only 2 or 3 weeks old, and was found on Sunday, so it hasnt had a feed since then, at least. There is no way to feed it.

I myself thought that the baby should have been put down yesterday, when it became completely evident that we had no way of saving it. As it has been slowly starving, was getting weaker, had been attacked by sharks, hit by boats. It is in a bad way. It saddens me that a poor little baby has to be put down, but it saddens me even more to think of the confusion and pain that the baby is going through.

I know this is just an animal (and no where near as tragic as the Spanish Air disaster) but it still upsets me, that this little baby will have no future, simply because he has been separated from his mother. And we could help him, and have left him suffering for too long. Even last night, there are locals in the bay where the baby is, that attacked the wildlife rescue people because they done want the whale put down. The police had to be called. But it is wrong to prolong the babies agony, when there is no way on this earth we can save it.

Here is an article on it, if anyone wants to read it, with a link to a video.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/starving-baby-whale-to-be-put-down-20080822-3zt8.html
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Baby Humpack Whale to be put down this  morning. Empty Baby Humpy

Post by calcite51 Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:49 am

I heard about this on our news last nite and I feel sad too but I hated thinking it might be suffering after being attacked by the sharks.
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Baby Humpack Whale to be put down this  morning. Empty Memorial Service

Post by dianeh Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:36 am

I forgot to tell everyone that the day after Colette (originally Colin but then it was found to be a girl) died, the locals held a memorial service for her.

She touched them, I think. It shows that people do care.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Baby Humpack Whale to be put down this  morning. Empty Re: Baby Humpack Whale to be put down this morning.

Post by Rosie Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:14 pm

Diane said....

I know this is just an animal (and no where near as tragic as the Spanish Air disaster) but it still upsets me, that this little baby will have no future, simply because he has been separated from his mother.

Of course it is nowhere near the terrible Spanish air disaster but they are different events.

I always think if you cannot show love and compassion for animals then there is no hope for the human race. After all we have to have and show respect for animals, they feed us, guard us, keep us company etc animals are an integral part of our society, lose respect for them and we have nothing.

This brought tears to my eyes and I am so glad the baby whale is no longer suffering, we have a duty as higher species to ensure that this does not happen. poor little thing and I bet its mother is looking for it too. walkinghomecrying
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Baby Humpack Whale to be put down this  morning. Empty Re: Baby Humpack Whale to be put down this morning.

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down