Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Things looking good for Marcos

+2
Pedro Silva
christabel
6 posters

Go down

Things looking good for Marcos Empty Things looking good for Marcos

Post by christabel Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:59 am

Breaking news Breaking news Breaking news Breaking news Breaking news
The trial of Faro is postponed to the 29 of March and 18 of April, 9.30 am, due to the appeals to the Appeal Court of Evora (Tribunal da Relação de Évora).

Trial for alleged defamation of Gonçalo Amaral postponed

The trial of lawyer Marcos Aragão Correia and university professor António Pedro Dores, for defamation of former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral, in the case Leonor Cipriano, Thursday, in Faro, was postponed to March 29
Isabel Duarte, lawyer Marcos Aragão Correia, Lusa said that, by order of the two. The Criminal Court of the Judicial Court of Faro, the trial was postponed to March 29, at 09:30.

Although not yet had access to the order in question, the lawyer said to have the information by telephone that the postponement was due to a pending appeal, filed by another defendant in the process, António Pedro Dores, president of the Association Against Exclusion for Development, whose defense attorney Joseph Black.

At trial in Faro, Marcos Aragão Correia enrolled as defense witnesses Antonio Marinho Pinto, current bastonário Bar Association, and Ana Maria Calado, former director of the Prison Odemira.

The former Inspector of Judicial Police (PJ) Goncalo Amaral - who investigated the disappearance of Jane, daughter of Leonor Cipriano defendant - prosecuted criminally Marcos Aragão Correia and António Pedro Dores, by these aludirem publicly that the alleged torture of Leonor Cipriano was targeted during Phase interrogation of the Joana case.

Marcos Aragão Correia, Leonor Cipriano's lawyer, argues that the Portuguese courts have already shown how, in final judgment, that his client was tortured, but that the Public Ministry (MP) continues to maintain the charge in the libel suit that Gonçalo Amaral has as complainant.

Remember that, in the case of alleged torture of Leonor Cipriano, Gonçalo Amaral was convicted of the crime of false testimony, one year and six of imprisonment, suspended for the same period.

The defender Marcos Aragão Correia in the libel suit is the lawyer Isabel Duarte, also a lawyer of the parents of Madeleine McCann, who have pending cases against Gonçalo Amaral.

The trial in Lisbon of the criminal complaint for libel brought by the parents of Madeleine McCann, the missing girl in May 2007, in the Algarve, which was also scheduled for Thursday, was also postponed, no new date, according to Lusa said the lawyer Isabel Duarte.

This process is concerned Gonçalo Amaral's book, "Maddie: The Truth of the Lie."

Lusa / SOL

http://sol.sapo.pt/inicio/Sociedade/Interior.aspx?content_id=41002

Last edited by christabel on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Things looking good for Marcos Empty Re: Things looking good for Marcos

Post by christabel Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:03 am

The Appeal Court of Evora can order the cancellation of the accusation.

It seems someone is at last seeing sense where Gonc is concerned.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:16 am

At trial in Faro, Marcos Aragão Correia enrolled as defense witnesses Antonio Marinho Pinto, current bastonário Bar Association, and Ana Maria Calado, former director of the Prison Odemira.

tonobricks
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:26 am

My friend, thank you for the update, I also received the same update through google alert:

http://sicnoticias.sapo.pt/pais/2012/02/08/julgamento-por-alegada-difamacao-de-goncalo-amaral-adiado-para-29-de-marco

Trial for alleged defamation of Gonçalo Amaral postponed to March 29

The trial of lawyer Marcos Aragão Correia and university professor António Pedro Dores, for defamation of former PJ inspector Gonçalo Amaral, in the case Leonor Cipriano, Thursday, in Faro, was postponed to March 29.

Isabel Duarte, lawyer Marcos Aragão Correia, Lusa said that, by order of the two. Criminal Court of the Judicial Court of Faro, the trial was postponed to March 29, at 09:30.

Although not yet had access to the order in question, the lawyer said to have the information by telephone that the postponement was due to a pending appeal, filed by another defendant in the process, António Pedro Dores, president of the Association Against Exclusion for Development, whose defense attorney José Preto.

At trial in Faro, Marcos Aragão Correia enrolled as defense witnesses Antonio Marinho Pinto, current Chairman of the Bar, and Ana Maria Calado, former director of the Prison of Odemira.

The former Inspector of Judicial Police (PJ) Goncalo Amaral - who investigated the disappearance of Jane, daughter of Leonor Cipriano defendant - prosecuted criminally Marcos Aragão Correia and António Pedro Dores, by these to tell publicly that the alleged torture of Leonor Cipriano was targeted during Phase interrogation of the Joana case.

Marcos Aragão Correia, Leonor Cipriano's lawyer, argues that the Portuguese courts have already shown how, in final judgment, that his client was tortured, but that the Public Ministry (MP) continues to maintain the charge in the libel suit that Gonçalo Amaral has as complainant.

Remember that, in the case of alleged torture of Leonor Cipriano, Gonçalo Amaral was convicted of the crime of false testimony, one year and six of imprisonment, suspended for the same period.

The defender Marcos Aragão Correia in the libel suit is the lawyer Isabel Duarte, also a lawyer of the parents of Madeleine McCann, who have pending cases against Gonçalo Amaral.

The trial in Lisbon of the criminal complaint for libel brought by the parents of Madeleine McCann, the missing girl in May 2007, in the Algarve, which was also scheduled for Thursday, was also postponed, no new date, according to Lusa said the lawyer Isabel Duarte.

This process is concerned Gonçalo Amaral's book, "Maddie: The Truth of the Lie."

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:28 am

I agree with you christabel.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:02 am

Marcos list of witness's

Ana Maria Calado, diretora aposentada do estabelecimento prisional de Odemira;

Ana Paula Teixeira, Guarda Prisional, com domicílio profissional no E.P. Odemira;

Alexandra Sofia de Sousa Manjua Leal, com domicílio na Câmara Municipal de Portimão e com domicílio pessoal na Av. Afonso Henriques, Bloco E-AQ, 8500-Portimão;

António de Sousa Amaral, com domicílio na Quinta da Mata, nº. 4, 3º., esq., Corroios

António Marinho Pinto, Bastonário da Ordem dos Advogados

WOW!!! Mrs Gonc and Gonc's brother
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:35 am

Well done christabel, thank you for this.

Well done Marcos.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:39 am

Pedro Silva wrote:Well done christabel, thank you for this.

Well done Marcos.
Its my pleasure Pedro, honestly Laffin
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:55 am

An impressive list of witnesses.

Especially the wife and brother. I almost wish the trial would go ahead, as I would love to know why they have been called.

But I believe that the legal system (prosecutors) or the court will see sense and withdraw the charges.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by jackf Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:45 pm

Wow, great news. It's been a long wait but hopefully justice is at last kicking in. He should never have been allowed to bring that case and Leonor should never have been left in jail without a new trial.
It is just so sad that it has taken Madeleine's disappearance for things to start to change.

jackf
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:17 pm

dianeh wrote:An impressive list of witnesses.

Especially the wife and brother. I almost wish the trial would go ahead, as I would love to know why they have been called.

But I believe that the legal system (prosecutors) or the court will see sense and withdraw the charges.

Yes, I would like to know as well. Wouldn't we all. But Gonc has made such a fool of Portugal's Justice System that I doubt that they can afford to allow this to continue.

And I agree, Jackf. God knows why that poor woman is still in prison. But something good is coming from Madeleine's Abduction, much as everyone would have preferred that it had never happened.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:56 pm

Thank you chris.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:57 pm

glad to hear from jackf, Sabot. I agree with jackf, Sabot.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:00 am

dianeh wrote:An impressive list of witnesses.

Yep.....would have been interesting to hear the witnesses !!
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down