Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Libel Trial

4 posters

Go down

Libel Trial Empty Libel Trial

Post by christabel Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:45 am

Breaking news Breaking news Breaking news Breaking news

Libel trial postponed because of the lack of Gonc having a lawyer.

Will update asap.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Libel Trial Empty Re: Libel Trial

Post by Catkins Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:16 am

police we thought this could be the case-wonder if it was deliberate or not crystalball
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:04 am

No good trying to second guess Cat.
I'll wait for my reliable source highfive
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:14 am

christabel wrote:No good trying to second guess Cat.
I'll wait for my reliable source highfive

thankyou
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:10 am

Thank you my friend, I´m waiting for updates from your reliable source.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:55 pm

I thought that might happen if he didnt have a lawyer. that is what would happen here, but in the Portuguese legal system is somewhat different to ours, which is very similar to the British system.

Hopefully not delayed for too long.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:13 am

Just read this on JATYK

bb1 Today at 8:56 pm

One of the Amazon forkers has decided to join in...

Sugar Plum says:
The latest rumour regarding Amaral's lawyer Cabrita has been niggling me for a few days now. Something about it somehow just doesn't sit right.

As hard as I've tried I've been unable to find any evidence of the reported split except from the constantly unreliable word of Marcos Correia, a person who has admitted receiving 'expenses' from Metodo3 in order to ' hit their target' Amaral himself.

Now just suppose the McCanns have been advised by their legal team, following the judges comments during Amaral's appeal to have the ban on his book overturned, that they had little chance of success if the libel case went to trial and that they should settle out of court. A confidentiality clause is included in the settlement siting that neither side can divulge any details of the aforementioned settlement. Job done.

The only fly in the ointment is that the faithful are almost slathering with glee at Amaral's impending ruin and a settlement would raise too many questions that the McCanns, in all probability, would rather not answer. So what to do.........well that's simple. Plant a rumour via a trusted conduit ie Correia ( deniability secured) that Amaral is to blame for the trial not going ahead due to his legal representative dumping him ( clever, reason and further smearing at a single stroke).

Possible ?

Completely, totally and utterly wrong, dear. As you will all find out for yourselves in the coming days.

Sorry to disappoint Mr Plum, but my source was not Marcos Correia.
Try guessing nearer Portimao, it shouldn't be hard to work out. Morais isn't the only one knows people in Faro and Portimao.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:00 am

Mr Plum should try a bit more fact and a lot less of the 'Just Suppose.

And what a convoluted load of rot that post was. No need to make stuff up, we will all know around Feb 9 whether or not Amaral still has Cabrita as his lawyer. And it is not the Mccanns who have no chance of winning the libel trial, the last ruling was nothing to do with libel and all to do with banning the book before the libel trial. The earlier hearings where the book was banned (which IMO was overstepping the legal authority of the court, and which the appeal court felt was the case) is a far more pertinent indication of how the case will go. I mean anyone who puts up other potential libellers as witnesses really has no hope of winning.

BTW this comment about Marcos

the constantly unreliable word of Marcos Correia, a person who has admitted receiving 'expenses' from Metodo3 in order to ' hit their target' Amaral himself.

is defamation.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:22 am

dianeh, you´re right.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:19 pm

looking forward to know the exact date of the trial.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Libel Trial Empty HEAD OF PORTUGUESE LAWYERS TO TESTIFY AGAINST GONC

Post by christabel Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:50 am

Thanks to JATYK

It just gets better

HEAD OF PORTUGUESE LAWYERS TO TESTIFY AGAINST GONC
bb1 Today at 3:06 pm
Libel Trial 27231510

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/marinho-e-testemunha

The Chairman of the Bar, Marinho Pinto, will witness the couple McCanncontraGonçalo Amaral, the civil case that Madeleine's parents moved from the former coordinator of the Directorate of Judicial Police of Portimão, BBC News has learned.

Marinho Pinto made available to testify in person against the former coordinator at the trial that was scheduled to start next week but was postponed by the judge who granted the request of the McCanns to be heard several witnesses English by videoconference. Gonçalo Amaral won in the ratio, the injunction against the publication of "True Lies," where he defended the thesis that Maddie had died in the Algarve. The justices held that the prohibition of publication of the book violated the Constitution.

http://jatyk2.forumotion.co.uk/t1079-head-of-portuguese-lawyers-to-testify-against-gonc

Last edited by christabel on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:24 am; edited 2 times in total
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:51 am

Breaking news Breaking news
I have had this confirmed as being true. Marinho Pinto will testify in person, oh my! tonobricks

Last edited by christabel on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:55 am

My friends, I received this through google alert:

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/marinho-e-testemunha

Marinho is witness

The chairman of the lawyer´s association Marinho Pinto will testify for the couple McCann against gonçalo amaral, in the civil process that Madeleine´s parents moved against the former PJ coordinator of the directorate of PJ in Portimao, Correio da Manhã has learned.
Marinho Pinto offered himself to testify in person, against the former coordinator at the trial that was scheduled to start next week but was postponed by the judge who granted the request of the McCanns to be heard several English witnesses through videoconference.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:09 pm

Interesting to say the least.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:27 am

dianeh wrote:Interesting to say the least.

crystalball
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down