Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUN: Maddie Mum - My Torture

+3
Mulleena
Pedro Silva
christabel
7 posters

Go down

SUN: Maddie Mum - My Torture Empty SUN: Maddie Mum - My Torture

Post by christabel Sat May 07, 2011 12:03 pm

Madeleine McCann's mother Kate reveals paedophile fears in new
book in The Sun

By ANTONELLA LAZZERI and OLIVER HARVEY
Published: 06 May 2011
Add a comment (0)

MADELEINE McCann's mother has told for the first time of terrible visions that her kidnapped daughter is being abused by a pervert.
In a heart-rending book serialised from today in The Sun, Kate, 43, writes how she is haunted by "flashes" of Madeleine "screaming" for her and husband Gerry.

The couple also tell The Sun exclusively about being at the centre of one of the most harrowing stories of modern times.
Kate says four years after her three-year-old was snatched on a family holiday in Portugal: "The idea that my Madeleine was taken by a paedophile is my worst fear.
"I became consumed with it. It was torture for me. It was horrible, so vivid.

"It's worse when I go to bed and think about that first awful night again, when Madeleine went missing.
"That sense of dark and fear, of being desperate to sleep but not being able to. I just end up plummeting down again."
The emotion-charged book by ex-GP Kate is titled simply Madeleine.
She and consultant cardiologist Gerry, 42, admit they are plagued by guilt over the night Madeleine vanished from their holiday apartment in Praia da Luz while they enjoyed a meal with friends at a tapas bar.
Kate says: "If your child is killed in a traffic accident, or died of cancer, parents are at peace. But Madeleine is still missing and she needs us to do something."
The 384-page book, which features previously unseen pictures of Madeleine, is to be published on her daughter's eighth birthday on Thursday.

Gerry put a comforting arm around Kate as he said of his brave wife: "There were times when I thought she would never get back to being the woman I love.
"I could understand why something like this destroys relationships. It's been so hard to keep your own head above water at times."

Fighting back tears he tells of the guilt that "consumed" the couple after their lives changed forever that fateful night. Their tiny twins were also asleep in the apartment.
Gerry says: "Who's thinking about child abductions in a little sleepy out-of-season tourist resort? It never entered our minds. We felt very safe - it was a family resort."
While making no excuses, he tells how their thoughts were: "What could happen? The kids are in bed asleep."

Gerry says: "If we could turn back the clock we would. Of course we wouldn't do something like leave the twins alone like that now."
But he stresses: "Blaming us for not being there takes it away from the abductor. Someone went into an apartment and stole a child.
"Of course we feel guilt. But it doesn't bring the child back."
Kate tells of the first night she peeped into her daughter's pink bedroom after the family got home to Rothley, Leics - breaking down as she recalls imagining Madeleine saying: "Lie with me, Mummy. Lie with me."
She confesses it shocks her to think her daughter would now be almost eight. The mum says: "How has that time flown by?
"I see girls of eight and I try to imagine Madeleine like that. And I just can't."

Their twins Amelie and Sean, now six, are a source of constant comfort. Sean has promised his mum: "When you're old, me and Amelie will look for Madeleine."
Kate says: "They know that Madeleine was stolen. They call the person who took her 'the naughty man'.
"They know it happened in Portugal. Amelie said, 'We went to Portugal and then we woke up and Madeleine was gone'."
Kate says of the abductor: "I think it was someone who knew our movements. I don't think someone was passing by chance and took a child."
Since Portuguese police called off their investigation in 2008, the search for Madeleine has been carried on by private investigators.

This image is reduced by 14%, click it to view full size.
SUN: Maddie Mum - My Torture 06_05_2011--682A_1305988a

The bill for that is met out of a campaign fund set up by Kate and Gerry. Donations flooded in, building a total of nearly £2million.
Kate says her book is "to give an account of the truth" following vile slurs that the couple themselves were involved. She surrounded herself with photos of Madeleine as she wrote it - based on diaries she has kept.
YOU can read a fuller version of Kate's shattering story in the printed edition of The Sun today and all next week. In the following extract she describes every mother's worst nightmare. It is the night that is seared into her memory - when she left Gerry and their friends at the restaurant and returned to the apartment:

All was silent. Then I noticed that the door to the children's bedroom was open quite wide, not how we had left it.
I walked over and gently began to pull it to. Suddenly it slammed shut, as if caught by a draught.
A little surprised, I turned to see if I'd left the patio doors open and let in the breeze. Retracing my steps, I confirmed that I hadn't.
Returning to the children's room, I opened the door a little, and as I did so glanced at Madeleine's bed.
I couldn't quite make her out in the dark. I remember looking at it and looking at it for what was probably only a few seconds, though it felt like much longer.

It seems so daft now, but I didn't switch on the light straight away. Force of habit, I suppose: taking care to avoid waking the children at all costs.
When I realised Madeleine wasn't actually there, I went through to our bedroom to see if she'd got into our bed. That would explain the open door.
On the discovery of another empty bed, the first wave of panic hit me. As I ran back into the children's room the closed curtains flew up in a gust of wind.

Book ... out May 12
My heart lurched as I saw now that, behind them, the window was wide open and the shutters on the outside raised all the way up. Nausea, terror, disbelief, fear. Icy fear. Dear God, no! Please, no!
On Madeleine's bed, the top right-hand corners of the covers were still turned over forming a neat triangle. Cuddle cat and her pink princess blanket were lying where they'd been when we kissed her goodnight
I dashed over to the second bed, on the other side of the travel cots, where the twins slept on, oblivious, and looked out through the window. I've no idea what I expected to see there. Refusing to acknowledge what I already knew, and perhaps automatically going into a well-practised medical emergency mode, I quickly scoured the apartment to exclude all other possibilities,
mentally ticking boxes I knew, deep down, were already ticked.
I checked the wardrobe in the children's room. I ran into the kitchen, throwing open all the cupboard doors, into our bedroom, searching the wardrobes, in and out of the bathroom, all in about 15 seconds, before hurtling out through the patio doors and down towards Gerry and our friends.
As soon as our table was in sight I started screaming. "Madeleine's gone! Someone's taken her!"

©Kate McCann 2011. Extracted from MADELEINE by Kate McCann, to be published by Bantam Press on May 12, priced £20.
Readers can buy the book for the special price of £18 including free UK and Ireland p&p. To order please call 01206 255 800 and quote the reference MMC.
www.findmadeleine.com

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/new....l#ixzz1LcTaVaDO

Read more: http://justathoughtyouknow.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=guests&action=display&thread=1081#ixzz1LckyzkMU
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

SUN: Maddie Mum - My Torture Empty Re: SUN: Maddie Mum - My Torture

Post by Pedro Silva Sat May 07, 2011 7:28 pm

christabel, my friend, thank you for write The Sun newspaper link here.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Mulleena Sun May 08, 2011 2:17 am

Ive noticed in the paper edition an advertisement for tomorrows Sunday Times, Kate and Gerry McCann talk about the toll on their relationship plus more exclusive extracts from her book.

Mulleena
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Sun May 08, 2011 2:48 am

Mulleena wrote:Ive noticed in the paper edition an advertisement for tomorrows Sunday Times, Kate and Gerry McCann talk about the toll on their relationship plus more exclusive extracts from her book.

Yes I saw that Mulleena.
But the Sun is running it all next week, so I think I'll stick to that for accuracy lol.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Sun May 08, 2011 6:08 am

I doubt if I can read that book without crying for them, Madeleine and her family.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Sun May 08, 2011 6:14 am

Cath wrote:I doubt if I can read that book without crying for them, Madeleine and her family.

Just reading the Sun parts is hard enough, its heart breaking. Goodness knows what the book will be like.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sun May 08, 2011 7:48 am

It´s heartbreaking because it´s the true account of what happened.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Sun May 08, 2011 7:02 pm

My heart was racing just reading the extracts, it brought so many emotions back for me, god knows what Kate went through writing it.

Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sun May 08, 2011 7:34 pm

I saw a picture of Kate and Gerry in the hard copy of the Sun yesterday, if you just cover their faces with your hand and leave the eyes, the pain you can see in them is almost palpable, I just wish this could be over for Madeleine and for them. I read how the church I Praia da Luz was packed for her anniversary with well wishers and supporters both Portuguese and others, this filled me with hope and relief, at last the sanity is returning and this couple are given the help and understanding they need and Madeleine deserves. I think the book will do much to redress the balance, after all, we have heard the world and his wife's version of what they all think happened to Madeleine, but we have heard precious little from Kate and Gerry, we have never really heard their side of the story, which is why I feel this whole thing has always been a heavily slanted argument with people coming to conclusions about Madeleine, her parents, the whole family, the Tapas group, that they had no idea about, have never even met, not even there, have no idea about anything - how would they know? In the Sunday Express this morning was a story about a German man being questioned, I have no idea about that, but what struck me was the photo of him, at first I did a double take because I thought it was Gerry and he does bear a striking resemblance to the man JT saw and *IF* it was something to do with this person, then it is very very easy to see how Martin Smith could have been mistaken and also what I remember is that person who witnesses saw with a white van parked outside the apartments resemble this man too!

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/245336
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Mon May 09, 2011 2:51 pm

After reading that article, I am not sure I will be able to read the book. Too upsetting. It must have been awful for Kate to have to relive that horrible night.

dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down