Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Urgent request

Go down

Urgent request Empty Urgent request

Post by Pedro Silva Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:03 am

My friends, taken from PFA2:

URGENT: Lobby your MP on behalf of Missing People

The charity Missing People is asking everyone with an interest in missing persons to use the below email template and ask their MP to attend a Parliamentary debate on Tuesday, October 26, which will challenge the Government’s decision to cut 100% of the charity’s statutory funding.

This is a critical time for missing persons. As it stands, Government funding cuts mean that, in one blow, the entire national investment into missing persons could cease, and critical services lost. This includes the work of Missing People, which searches for and supports tens of thousands of people each and every year.

Missing People is asking that as many people as possible contact their MP today to request that they attend this important Parliamentary debate. Attendance is vital, as the Government must be shown just how much support – and indeed need – there is for missing person services.

If you would like to be part of this important campaign, Missing People has prepared a template email for MPs which contains full details of the debate. This can be found below, and you can either cut and paste this into an email or use it as a model for your own message. The email will be most powerful if you can tell your own story and – if you have been touched by the issue of missing persons – feel free to make special note of any help you have received from the charity or any other agency that has supported you.

Find out who your MP is and how to contact them by clicking here, and please send your message marked as high priority and with your address so that they can see that you are one of their constituents.

Missing People needs as many MPs to attend the debate as possible, so once you have sent your own email, please pass on this weblink to any other friends and family who may also get involved.

With your help, we can ensure that Missing People can long continue to be a lifeline when someone disappears. If you have any questions about this issue, please contact Holly Towell, the charity’s Senior Policy and Campaigns Officer at holly.towell@missingpeople.or.uk or on 020 8392 4566.

TEMPLATE EMAIL:
Dear NAME MP,

As one of your constituents, I urgently ask you to attend the debate on the future of services to missing persons at 1:00 – 1:30pm on Tuesday 26 October in Westminster Hall.

Every year, 250,000 people are reported missing to police forces across the United Kingdom. Many of the vulnerable children and adults that this astonishing figure represents also leave behind families who suffer both emotional and practical impacts whilst they wait for news of their missing loved one. Yet funding cuts to missing persons mean that, in one single blow, the entire national investment into this vital issue could be ended, and critical services lost.

This includes the UK charity Missing People.

As you will know, Missing People provides a lifeline when someone disappears, by providing support to those affected by missing persons around the clock. Just last year, its staff and volunteers took over 114,000 calls for help from runaway children, vulnerable adults and their families. It provided emotional support for more than 900 families, and helped to close almost 340 missing person cases. Sadly, however, more than 1,000 cases remain open.

I realise just how critical the services provided by Missing People are, and so I ask you to represent me by attending Tuesday’s debate to show your support for both Missing People and the continued investment in missing persons. I understand that this is taking place when there is little other Parliamentary business scheduled, and so I hope that your diary will be able to accommodate this.

With your help and support, we can ensure that thousands of families every year still have this lifeline when a loved one disappears.

Thank you for your support, and I look forward to your reply.

Best wishes,

NAME

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/news-an ... ?dsid=3304

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down