Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

bennett's new book in trouble already!

5 posters

Go down

bennett's new book in trouble already! Empty bennett's new book in trouble already!

Post by vee8 Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm

Kazlux

Post subject: Announcement regarding our translations
New postPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:47 pm
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Dear members,

This is the announcement that we always thought would be superfluous – because we never imagined that our translations would be hijacked by anyone, for commercial purposes.

We were apparently naïve enough to think that such an idea would never cross anyone’s mind, it should be obvious that none of the translations that are posted on this board and/or on Joana Morais blog should be used for commercial, publicity or political reasons, or to promote any personal agendas whatsoever.

Unfortunately, we are forced by circumstances to make it very clear that we do not wish any of the translations that are posted on this board and/or on Joana Morais blog to be used without permission.

We do hereby mark our position, and we hope to see it being respected:

No translation published on this forum and/or on Joana Morais blog may be used for any kind of commercial purposes or for inclusion in publications offered for sale. Reproduction in full or in part of any part of these texts requires the explicit agreement and authorisation of the translator, be it Joana Morais (under her own name), 'Astro', 'Ines' or any other translator who is using their right to publish under pseudonym, protected by Article 2 of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works.

Thank you very much for your understanding, and for your cooperation.

Astro
Ines
Kazlux
Xklamation

My guess? She knows damn well what she writes is both innacurate and libelous. She is probably under the impression that while it stays on the forums she's relativly safe. (Not true of course, but we must make allowances for her intelect.) If bennett brings it to a wider audience, however, she fears the full wrath of Carter Ruck will decend upon her from a mighty height!

More to add below.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

bennett's new book in trouble already! Empty Re: bennett's new book in trouble already!

Post by vee8 Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:48 pm

Followed by the usual, long winded bleating and whinging reply!

Tony Bennett wrote:
The announcement today on Joana Morais' site is a belated attempt by her and her fellow translators to post up an effective copyright statement.

Until today, not one Madeleine website, forum or blog has carried an effective copyright statement warning visitors that the material is regarded as protected by copyright. Not one that I have ever seen, anyway.

Indeed, the translations have been freely copied around the internet and elsewhere to date without demur, so far as I am aware.

In short, there was no reason whatsoever for us to think that any permissions were required. Besides, all the translations were by people who used 'usernames' on the internet and who clearly did not want to be personally identified.

Neither the Berne Convention on copyright and intellectual property, nor any other law, so far as I am aware, entitles an anonymous poster on a webiste, forum or blog who has not expressly asserted his/her copyright to then purport to assert it. Hence the reason for the statement on Joana Morais' forum today, posted by her and the three other named translators.

I would add two comments.

First, the attempt to choose who can and cannot make use of your translations is fraught with difficulties, as I've said, if you are anonymous and have not expressly asserted your rights. But it also goes against the spirit of free exchange of ideas, translations and theories that has been a part and parcel of the attempts to find out the truth about what really happened to Madeleine McCann.

So, by comparison, we have been content to see parts or even all of '60 Reasons' copied all over the internet. Material on our former and new websites has also been freely copied without people having to constantly ask our permission. The same with the '30 Key Reasons' leaflet on our website and our '10 Reasons' leaflet. All has been done in the spirit of free enquiry and the search for truth, and it is regrettable if people in this partiuclar case begin to place restrictions on the free circulation of material relating to Madeleine.

I have personally contributed to many threads on many forums in which I've given my analysis or opinions, often in the form of lenghty articles. I'm happy for others to use those in the search for truth, though acknowledgement is always nice.

Second, the warning on Joana Morais' site is mainly against the commercial exploitation of the translators' work. I have every sympathy with that; indeed I was not prepared to allow Steve Marsden ('Stevo') to produce a book for profit on the Madeleine case, which would have included the whole of '60 Reasons', without him making a modest payment for the release of the copyright. If this arrangement had gone through, of course the income would have gone straight to the work of The Madeleine Foundation.

The Morias' warning is aimed at those who seek to make commercial financial gain, she also says copyright permission will not be given for 'publicity, political reasons, or to promote any personal agendas'.

None of this applies to our book, which is for sale at £3.00 simply to cover costs, and whose sole aim, quite plainly, is to spread knowledge and information about the case, much of which has been suppressed in the British media. We have not had, and never have had, any other agenda other than the aims set out in our Constitution which are on our website

We expect to have our book out on the streets and for sale before the end of February.

Finally, here are the two statements in our book that deal with the translators' work:

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:

First and foremost we acknowledge the efforts of voluntary translators, mostly from Portugal, who have kindly provided us here in the U.K. with their translations of documents from the Portuguese Police files, mostly of course in Portuguese. They have elected to remain anonymous, but we thank them warmly for their valuable time and effort.

NOTES:

1. Translations. Chapters A, B, C, part of Chapter F and Chapters G and H are based on translations. Originally this evidence was given in English and translated into Portuguese by translators employed by the Portuguese police. Incidentally, this included many translations by Robert Murat, who was named as a suspect only days after carrying out his translation work. These documents, prepared originally in Portuguese, have since been translated back into English by a team of translators who have worked together on several internet sites to bring this material to the notice of English-speaking readers. Their work has been cross-checked many times with those of other translators. We have confidence in their accuracy. In our booklet we have on a very few occasions put those translations into more readable English, but we have in no way ever altered the essential meaning.

We wish all the translators success in resisting any attempts by others to make financial gain from their translations - and the more robust copyright statements now appearing on Joana Morais' site and elsewhere will probably help them.

I am sure they will only be too pleased if, through their efforts, many more British people will now have access to the material they have so helpfully laboured to translate.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

bennett's new book in trouble already! Empty Re: bennett's new book in trouble already!

Post by vee8 Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:49 pm

A simple little bit of checking would have prevented this, but we all know how good bennett is at research, don't we?!

So, for bennett's benefit, here is some advice.

You don't NEED to claim copyright, it is AUTOMATIC, UNLESS you relinquish your rights to it, by publically stating you are putting your work in the public domain.

It is all here, perhaps someone could pass it on to him?

http://www.ihaveawebsite-nowwhat.co.uk/copyright-facts-and-myths.htm

Oh, and considering the fact he has read MY blog on several occasions, AND copied pictures of myself from it, I am surprised he is claiming not to have seen a copyright notice before, as I have had one prominently displayed on the front page for over a year now.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:12 pm

Vee, dont be silly, read your copyright?? bennett only reads what he wants to read and hear what he wants to hear. When that doesn't suit, he makes it up!
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:18 pm

Wey Hey, and off we go for another Battle Royal. What are they going to do about it?

You are right of course, Vee. The translators are worried silly that their incorrect translations are going to be exposed. They could claim copyright, but will they really want to?

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:32 pm

It's fun watching the imbeciles tear each other apart, isn't it?!
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:57 pm

vee8 wrote:It's fun watching the imbeciles tear each other apart, isn't it?!

Hilarious. Much better than Television. But it was a foregone conclusion. I guess we didn't realize just how funny it would be.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:29 pm

Oh well, desperate times calls for desperate measures, lol.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:16 pm

Tinkerbell43 wrote:Oh well, desperate times calls for desperate measures, lol.

And we all deserve a laugh now and again. It's a good job I don't suffer from High Blood Pressure. In fact, I am a Lizard, according to some.
Due to Rhesus Negative Blood.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

bennett's new book in trouble already! Empty Doh!

Post by Jayelles Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:46 am

I thought this goon was supposed to have a legal background? He should take something less taxing for his tiny brain. Like cress growing for instance. Nah. probably too difficult for him.

Jayelles
Apprentice
Apprentice

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:17 am

He DID have a legal background, and was dismissed from it for bringing it into disrepute.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:23 am

vee8 wrote:He DID have a legal background, and was dismissed from it for bringing it into disrepute.

Not enough people know this.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:29 am

Or, sadly, they choose to ignore it.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down