Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Mail on the ignored evidence.

+5
Cath
Rosie
shorty
Sabot
vee8
9 posters

Go down

Daily Mail on the ignored evidence. Empty Daily Mail on the ignored evidence.

Post by vee8 Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:54 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1250419/Portuguese-police-ignored-hundreds-sightings-search-Madeleine-McCann.html

Portuguese police 'ignored hundreds of sightings' in search for Madeleine McCann

By Vanessa Allen
Last updated at 5:22 AM on 12th February 2010

Portuguese police faced growing pressure to reopen the Madeleine McCann investigation yesterday, amid claims they ignored potential sightings of the missing girl.
Detectives have refused to investigate hundreds of clues about the disappearance, including photographs of children said to bear a 'shocking' resemblance to the blonde youngster.
They include a cluster of sightings in Italy and Spain which could hold the key to solving the mystery and ending the years of heartache suffered by her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann.
But instead they have gone unchecked, marked as 'irrelevant' after the case was shelved, and left to gather dust in a police archive.
The McCanns' private detectives, who are continuing the search for the missing child, did not even know the dossier existed until a Portuguese policeman let slip a reference to it during a legal hearing.
Inspector Ricardo Paiva said police had received hundreds of tip-offs from witnesses convinced they had seen Madeleine and knew where she was being held.
They sent in photographs of children and of locations which they believed were being used by her abductor, believing that police would investigate their claims.
But arrogant detectives were so convinced by their own theory that Madeleine died on the night she disappeared, and that her parents faked her abduction, that they made no attempt to check the sightings.
The McCanns' lawyer, Isabel Duarte, has seen the dossier. She said every single statement had the same phrase scrawled across it: 'This is not relevant to the investigation.'
She said: 'I was shocked at how much was in there, and that absolutely nothing had been done to follow any of it up.
'Every piece of information was treated the same way - Ricardo Paiva writes on it "This is not relevant to the investigation".
'He is the witness who declared in court that he believed Madeleine is dead. You cannot find a person when you are not looking for them.'
Daily Mail on the ignored evidence. Article-0-083BE4A1000005DC-967_468x355

Unaware: Gerry and Kate McCann, pictured being mobbed by the media this week, were not told about many of the potential clues to their daughter's whereabouts

Mr Paiva gave evidence at a legal hearing over a controversial book, written by his former boss, Goncalo Amaral.
He admitted that Mr Amaral's insistence that Madeleine died on May 3, 2007, meant the police investigation had failed to consider other options.
Mrs Duarte said they had not investigated any tip-offs since the case was officially shelved, in July 2008, when the McCanns were cleared as official suspects in the investigation.
She said information had continued to pour in from potential witnesses and even from other police forces in Europe, but was ignored, even when the clues including photographs of girls who looked like Madeleine.
The lawyer said: 'Some of them are very, very similar to Madeleine. But Kate and Gerry had never been shown them.
'There was information from Leicestershire Police, French police, Spanish police, and again nothing was done about it.
'Kate and Gerry did not even know this file existed until this week. I am going to give a copy of the file to them so that their private investigation team can follow up the information in it.
'But I am angry because it is the Portuguese investigative police who should be doing this job.
‘They have the power and the capability to do it. It is they who should be doing it, not Kate and Gerry.'
Mr and Mrs McCann, both 41, will discover next week if they have won their court bid to keep an injunction which bans Mr Amaral from repeating his vile claims that their daughter died in a 'tragic accident' and that they faked her abduction to cover up the death.
Their spokesman Clarence Mitchell said they had been shocked to discover the full extent of the Portuguese police's failure to investigate Madeleine's disappearance.
He said it had confirmed their worst fears about the investigation, saying: 'They were shocked when they went through the file and saw what was in it, and even worse what little had been done to follow any of it up.
'Kate and Gerry have consistently known that potential fresh information was not being properly followed up, if at all.
'The tragedy of this case, which once again has been highlighted by this, is what little was done to find Madeleine.
‘Kate and Gerry will have to do it themselves as they have been doing. They are the only ones looking for her.'
Mr Paiva said he could not discuss the case. He said: 'I cannot comment, in accordance with Portuguese law.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1250419/Portuguese-police-ignored-hundreds-sightings-search-Madeleine-McCann.html#ixzz0fKyrqhIT
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail on the ignored evidence. Empty Re: Daily Mail on the ignored evidence.

Post by vee8 Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:54 am

I just cannot help but think 'What if?...'

OK, there are no guarantees in life, and maybe these leads are all blank. But, just maybe, if they HAD all been followed, in a professional maner, how much sooner would Madeleine have been found? Weeks ago? Months ago? YEARS ago? We will never know, of course, but this could have been solved, sorted, finished one way or the other long before now. Madeleine COULD have been home by Christmas, maybe even LAST Christmas. Christ, the more I think about it the more angry I feel.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Daily Mail on the ignored evidence. Empty Re: Daily Mail on the ignored evidence.

Post by Sabot Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:30 am

vee8 wrote:I just cannot help but think 'What if?...'

OK, there are no guarantees in life, and maybe these leads are all blank. But, just maybe, if they HAD all been followed, in a professional maner, how much sooner would Madeleine have been found? Weeks ago? Months ago? YEARS ago? We will never know, of course, but this could have been solved, sorted, finished one way or the other long before now. Madeleine COULD have been home by Christmas, maybe even LAST Christmas. Christ, the more I think about it the more angry I feel.

I just feel sick, Vee. They said they would reopen the case if there was new evidence, but what did they do when they received new evidence?

They never had any intention of reopening the case, instead they deliberately hid the new evidence. And we still wouldn't know about it if Paiva hadn't made a boob in court, and Isabel Duarte hadn't gone to Portimao to hunt it out.

How The McCanns must feel hardly bears thinking about.

I am not at all a vindictive person but I am now having trouble not wishing hell on these people.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:44 am

God I am absolutely horrifed. Incompetent just doesn't cover it, more like criminal neglect by the PJ.

shorty
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:54 am

shorty wrote:God I am absolutely horrifed. Incompetent just doesn't cover it, more like criminal neglect by the PJ.

I think it was deliberate. Amaral has made such an ar*e of himself, and they didn't want that exposed. Much worse will happen now.
I wish that I could rejoice in that fact, But always there is Madeleine.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:59 am

I was a copper for 10 years (a LONG time ago) here in the UK and my God, there would be immediate suspensions if something like this came out and charges of neglect of duty at the very least. idiots.

shorty
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:00 am

oops I must have used a banned swear word and it got changed to idiots. Apologies.

shorty
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:16 am

Don't worry about it Shorty Daily Mail on the ignored evidence. 545833
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:30 am

Sabot wrote:
vee8 wrote:I just cannot help but think 'What if?...'

I just feel sick, Vee. They said they would reopen the case if there was new evidence, but what did they do when they received new evidence?

They never had any intention of reopening the case, instead they deliberately hid the new evidence. And we still wouldn't know about it if Paiva hadn't made a boob in court, and Isabel Duarte hadn't gone to Portimao to hunt it out.

How The McCanns must feel hardly bears thinking about.

I am not at all a vindictive person but I am now having trouble not wishing hell on these people.

Ditto Sabot! I have been fearing this for ages, that information was going into the PJ and they were totally blanking it, even binning it off and my fears were increased when there was a previous report, I think it was in the Mail, they reported that people had been contacting the PJ and were being told to go away and forget it as the little girls is dead! They were told to stop wasting their time, do you remember this report anyone? can we bring it up and make an issue out of it?
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:58 am

Rosiepops wrote:Ditto Sabot! I have been fearing this for ages, that information was going into the PJ and they were totally blanking it, even binning it off and my fears were increased when there was a previous report, I think it was in the Mail, they reported that people had been contacting the PJ and were being told to go away and forget it as the little girls is dead! They were told to stop wasting their time, do you remember this report anyone? can we bring it up and make an issue out of it?

We can all make a pretty good guess now who's talked to these people. Let's make a bet he didn't even write down their names, phone numbers and most certainly not what they've told him. I do hope they've contacted the PI's or the Portuguese site of the McCanns with the information.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:14 am

I remember reading that The PJ were telling people to go away because the child was dead.

It probably doesn't matter any more. We now know that evidence has been hidden. It has been proved. Hopefully people will come forward again, although I suppose it might be difficult if they don't speak English.

I expect that Isabel Duarte is aware of this. They could contact her.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:31 am

Sabot wrote:I remember reading that The PJ were telling people to go away because the child was dead.

It probably doesn't matter any more. We now know that evidence has been hidden. It has been proved. Hopefully people will come forward again, although I suppose it might be difficult if they don't speak English.

I expect that Isabel Duarte is aware of this. They could contact her.

I think in this instance it matters a great deal that people have been contacting the Portuguese police and they have not been doing anything with that evidence, I think it matters on two vital counts (1) that the people that have contacted the police and have heard nothing since, contact the McCanns investigation team again ASAP (2) That as much publicity be given to this so that people know what the Portuguese police have been up to and how badly the McCanns have been treated and most of all, how badly the PJ have let Madeleine down.

I think that the Portuguese public are really starting to see the obnoxious Goncalo Amaral in his true colours!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:36 am

I agree it needs publicising, but mainly in Portugal. How do we do that?

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:39 am

Some one needs to be jailed here.This isn't just a silly mistake that as occurred which can be explained away.This child as deliberately been ignored. Her abduction,witness accounts,pictures,sightings,hundreds, not just one,have been ignored.Something is seriously wrong here...
can they not see that?

I hope they aint going to put this mess down to a mistake or two.This is far more serious and just because these guys are police men does not make them exempt from breaking the laws.I feel that more than one of them need to be jailed for their corruptness in this case.

This isnt about a police man taking a call and then decided it is not relevant to this case.This is about a cop who as completely ignored hundreds of leads and sightings that could have found a missing child.This guy is not doing his job,he as put a child at further risk,therefore he needs to lose his job permanently and he needs to be jailed for his crimes.Crimes which have kept a little girl away from her family for over 2 years.
If a surgeon at a hospital kills a patient under the knife he will be investigate and if he is found to have been negligent he will be punished.Gonc should be punished to because he as be negligent.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jean Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:32 am

I agree it needs publicising, but mainly in Portugal. How do we do that?

write to the editor of the algarve resident

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:34 am

Mr Paiva said he could not discuss the case. He said: 'I cannot comment, in accordance with Portuguese law.'

Why not? Is it because he is still PJ, and therefore is not allowed to comment. This is not covered under the secrecy legislation because the case has been shelved, and the information released.

And for my part, the British govt and Leic police are also to blame. They have been told by various people (including people on this forum), many times that the Portuguese were not investigating any leads at all. Yet they failed to take the case over, or to insist at a higher level that the leads be followed up. Basically they should have said to Portugal, if you are not going to investigate these leads, then give them to us and we will do it. It was that simple.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:58 pm

The Algarve Resident has a section with the name: Madeleine, once you click in this section, you will see this: "Ignored" evidence may lead to re-opening of Madeleine case. To see more information, click on this title. Contacts of Algarve Resident:
Chris Graeme email: chris.graeme@theresidentgroup.com
Chris was the Algarve Resident reporter who were there this Wednesday covering the hearing. Admin contacts of Algarve Resident: admin@theresidentgroup.com

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down