Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From Inside The Courtroom

+21
Zavvi
sidmouth
calcite51
nicked
Catkins
rosemary
bluj1515
clairesy
maria theresa
dianeh
Tinkerbell43
blondie
Pedro Silva
Sabot
May
Cath
vee8
Peaceful1
lily
Rosie
maria
25 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

From Inside The Courtroom - Page 3 Empty Re: From Inside The Courtroom

Post by maria theresa Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Sky reporting may be detailed but the overall take isn't that good. I still think Brunty also has an agenda. ITN was very supportive and BBC much more neutral. Sky tended to emphasise anything negative, and, more crucially, leave out positive comments where they could easily have been put in.

Obviously, their minute-by-minute reporting is good.

Thanks again Maria and Rosie! I'm so glad I found this forum!

maria theresa
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:18 pm

rosemary wrote:Rosie I think Maria meant Chimney Sweep? Maria your reporting was exactly what we needed...entertaining, very clear and informative and funny too. Heartfelt thanks!

BTW the more I read the more it occurs to me that one of the most fundamental differences in our cultures, i.e. Britain and Portugal is the concept of the individual´s perfect right to not only question the actions of their Police but to act for themselves in a situation that may call for it. I found the reference to the "McCanns´Fund" was very telling from one of the witnesses. He was bemused by it and highly suspicious of it. Why, he asked himself would they need it? For WHAT purpose??? The concept that they would HELP to further the investigation THEMSELVES was totally alien to him - after all that was Police Work! This is a classic example of the mindset of people who still live in a POLICE STATE. If the Police say it is over, the investigation is closed, then it is closed..no arguments......we the people, do not question their conclusion, we cannot question their authority. Opened my eyes.
That is how I saw it all.

Very apt. Can you imagine some ordinary person, perhaps on the fringes of society, being afraid to come forward with information? God knows what they may think might happen to them once they went to a Police Station. They could have finished up being fitted up.

Please God someone will come forward now.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemary Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:54 am

Maria You have also scored a hit with your reports from over on PAF2 - they want to say thankyou! Wish you could replace the SKY twitter who is giving a very one sided view.

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:45 am

And also on JATYK Maria. It filled in the gaps. I can't wait for your account of today's proceedings.

blondie
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:21 am

I think we're all waiting eagerly for Maria's update on today's proceedings.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:25 am

We are, we are. Poor Maria.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:18 am

I went through your posts and felt very 'cosy'. I'm happy that my accounts, although incomplete and sometimes too light still do interest you and provide some additional information. Thank you all.

I was planning to write a similar report today, but it turned up that today was a very emotional day, so I decided to write two posts, being this one dedicated mostly to relationships.

In the morning, it actually was funny. Fiona came with Kate and Isabel. I was introduced to her and without warning Isabel said 'They want to know everything about you' and all of them laughed out loud. I was intrigued, but somewhat reluctantly I started 'I'm sixty,...' and Kate and Fiona laughed even more and said 'We don't want to know, we don't want to know'. I didn't get it, so I turned to Isabel and asked her why were they pulling my leg. She explained. It was the 'media circus' downstairs who were very curious about me and asked questions to ALL three of them trying to know who I was, thinking that I was british... (they said that I was portuguese and they didn't know me at all). The portuguese pink press even called the PR people yesterday, asking them who I was and if they could arrange for a press conference... We certainly had a very good laugh this morning!

Isabel invited me for lunch and that's when it started. I don't know how, they started talking about ages, and it turned out that I was the eldest. I think it was Isabel who said that they all should look at me and I said that I was no role model to anyone. That's when Kate, already in a mixed mood, said something like 'I think you'r good'. I noticed the sad tone and Fiona's worried look at her. But we were already late, so me, Isabel and her assistant rushed back to court, leaving them behind doing something on the computer. When Kate arrived at the courtroom, she had already aged again, she looked again very fragile.

About 4pm the judge made a break. I went to the toilet and when I was coming back I met Kate and Fiona by the elevator, preparing to leave to the airport. My heart suddenly became very heavy, I kissed Kate and Fiona, Kate said with very strangled voice 'I hope we meet again in better circumstances'. She was very close to tears, I was frozen. It only occured to me 'Come on' and I caressed her in the face and kissed her. I didn't dare hugging her, she would certainly break down. I almost run away, couldn't do anything else.

Dear Kate.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 am

Aw bless you Maria From Inside The Courtroom - Page 3 896583 your a very special person!!

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:22 am

This one I'll do it tomorrow morning. Sorry.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by lily Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:26 am

Yes, Maria. You are such a sweetheart. What a lovely human story you have told us. foryou

lily
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:28 am

It's clear for all of us - even without really seeing you - you're a warm, caring woman Maria.

From Inside The Courtroom - Page 3 896583

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:29 am

Poor Maria, very distressing. But at least Kate knows that she has people on her side. I am so glad that you were there.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:35 am

Maria

Thank you once again for sharing with us. Poor Kate, it must be almost too much to bear.

And now you are semi famous and sort after by the women's magazines. And this for being a kind, caring person who was willing to put herself out to show support to a couple who live an enduring nightmare.

Maria, you are a star. You do yourself, and the forum proud.

From Inside The Courtroom - Page 3 213748
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:40 am

Ditto from me to Maria.
The forum is honoured to have you here. From Inside The Courtroom - Page 3 896583
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by nicked Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:49 am

I am sure it means more to Kate McCann than any of us know to have you go out of your way to show support Maria.

nicked

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:59 am

I think I'm going to cry.

Good night all.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:04 pm

Maria,

Its people like you who enable others to keep going and feel the warmth and support around them under the most stressful and traumatic situations.Your a lovely person with huge heart,a natural giver and that is why people have noticed you there,giving your support to kate and gerry..You have done so good keep it up maria,i wish i could join you out there.

Your family and friends should be proud of you to,they have one hell of a good person in their lives.

From Inside The Courtroom - Page 3 896583 From Inside The Courtroom - Page 3 30345 From Inside The Courtroom - Page 3 896583 From Inside The Courtroom - Page 3 30345
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Aw, Maria, as I write this I have tears in my eyes - poor Kate - thank goodness she had you there. You wrote a very poignant article about Kate. From Inside The Courtroom - Page 3 30345
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post by May Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi Maria
You must have come away from your meeting with Kate with a heavy heart but one day, she will be whole again and we on here are all behind them in their fight for justice for Madeleine. Thank you for your reports and for the time you have given to covering the court case. I thank you for the bottom of my heart and only wish I could do more. I hope that the McCanns realise that they do have some support and after Kate's meeting with you I am sure they do.
May
May
Master
Master

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by May Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:34 pm

PS I look forward to reading your report........no pressure! LOL
May
May
Master
Master

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by sidmouth Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:32 pm

I rarely post here but I read marias accounts from the court and just had to post.

Maria, don't know you but you seem to be a wonderfully warm and caring person. I think showing support to the McCanns may have helped them an awful lot. Especially as you are Portuguese as Im sure they sometimes feel they don't have much support there.

You did just the right thing at just the right time and handled that situation perfectly...... Bless you Maria.

p.s. thanks for the translations from the court as well. From Inside The Courtroom - Page 3 213748

sidmouth

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemary Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:49 pm

Yes indeed Maria. It was so comforting for us to hear that you were able to meet Kate and give her a kiss. Your warmth and caring nature comes through to us too reading your postings. I can see from today´s Sky interviews just how drawn and exhausted and how very frail Kate now looks. I think the only good thing to come out of Lisbon if there is anything at all positive to observe, is that the publicity, negative though it seems, is at least just that Publicity and this is exactly what they so desperately need. Even if God Forbid Amaral does drag it out for years (unthinkable I know) he is at the same time keeping Madeleine´s profile on centre stage throughout the world. this is for you my dear (60 indeed! and you obviously don´t look it!x)

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemary Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:50 pm

foryou foryou foryou Maria meant for the post above!

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:41 pm

Well done Maria. Thank you my friend, for keeping us updated.
From Inside The Courtroom - Page 3 333931

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:57 pm

maria wrote:I went through your posts and felt very 'cosy'. I'm happy that my accounts, although incomplete and sometimes too light still do interest you and provide some additional information. Thank you all.

I was planning to write a similar report today, but it turned up that today was a very emotional day, so I decided to write two posts, being this one dedicated mostly to relationships.

In the morning, it actually was funny. Fiona came with Kate and Isabel. I was introduced to her and without warning Isabel said 'They want to know everything about you' and all of them laughed out loud. I was intrigued, but somewhat reluctantly I started 'I'm sixty,...' and Kate and Fiona laughed even more and said 'We don't want to know, we don't want to know'. I didn't get it, so I turned to Isabel and asked her why were they pulling my leg. She explained. It was the 'media circus' downstairs who were very curious about me and asked questions to ALL three of them trying to know who I was, thinking that I was british... (they said that I was portuguese and they didn't know me at all). The portuguese pink press even called the PR people yesterday, asking them who I was and if they could arrange for a press conference... We certainly had a very good laugh this morning!

Isabel invited me for lunch and that's when it started. I don't know how, they started talking about ages, and it turned out that I was the eldest. I think it was Isabel who said that they all should look at me and I said that I was no role model to anyone. That's when Kate, already in a mixed mood, said something like 'I think you'r good'. I noticed the sad tone and Fiona's worried look at her. But we were already late, so me, Isabel and her assistant rushed back to court, leaving them behind doing something on the computer. When Kate arrived at the courtroom, she had already aged again, she looked again very fragile.

About 4pm the judge made a break. I went to the toilet and when I was coming back I met Kate and Fiona by the elevator, preparing to leave to the airport. My heart suddenly became very heavy, I kissed Kate and Fiona, Kate said with very strangled voice 'I hope we meet again in better circumstances'. She was very close to tears, I was frozen. It only occured to me 'Come on' and I caressed her in the face and kissed her. I didn't dare hugging her, she would certainly break down. I almost run away, couldn't do anything else.

Dear Kate.

Maria what can I say? But a huge big thank you for so accurately portraying what the media and camera miss, that Kate McCann is fragile and emotional and needs to know where her daughter is, anyone that does not think this by now, simply has no heart at all.

Kate never even think not for one minute that you do not have the hearts and support of people on this forum, you do and we are here with you and Gerry 100% of the way, if in doubt just glance anywhere in any thread on this forum and the message is strong and it is clear.

Maria thank you for being there for Kate and Gerry and thank you for being there for all of us, telling us the truth behind the scenes, thank you.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next