Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

+5
dianeh
Peaceful1
rosemary
christabel
vee8
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Breaking news!  bennett capitulates! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by christabel Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:07 pm

Tinkerbell43 wrote:Words are cheap, actions speak louder than words and the actions of the err "new" MF website have just put one finger up at CR.

Let the writs commence!

Yes they are Tinks, for some anyway. They must all hate Butler musn't they? to let her lose everything through self satisfaction.
Oh well the Breaking news!  bennett capitulates! - Page 2 212494 gets what she deserves.

Bet Carter Ruck are busy today.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Breaking news!  bennett capitulates! - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:22 am

The terms the McCanns demanded via Crter-Ruck on 27 August 2009
Tony Bennett Today at 11:36 pm

guardian_angel wrote:
The
McCanns have not succeeded in gagging Tony and Deborah, although all
that has happened is the website medium has been removed in their name
but the actual website is still ongoing. I think actually that this is
a stroke of genius in a way. They have both done what Carter-Ruck
insisted be done, remove their names from the website but the domain
never belonged to them in the first place.

The foundation is
still ongoing and the work of both Tony and Deborah is also ongoing
with the Cardiff meeting today (I wish I could be there)...

Actually, we have been gagged. The McCann have succeeeded in gagging the two of us.

The
original Carter-Ruck letter dated 27 August 2009 said that we had
either directly or indirectly claimed that Madeleine was not abducted,
that her parents knew what had happened to her, i.e. that she had died,
and that they had in effect covered up her death either by hiding her
body themselves or arranging for others to do.

As a result of
the fax we sent to Carter-Ruck yesterday afternoon, Debbie and I are
not allowed until further notice (and perhaps forever) to repeat that
allegation.

I have not yet published the original Carter-Ruck letter but point 4 on page 3 states:

"We
require you immediately to agree to undertake not to publish the same
or any similar allegations about our clients, in any medium whatsoever".

We are therefore committed to not repeating the substance of the above allegation against the McCanns as set out above.

On
the subject of our former website, can I just make it clear for the
record once again that until around 4pm yesterday, the website at www.madeleinefoundation.org
was The Madeleine Foundation's site, under our control and direction,
but registered to Stevo as the registrant and nominal owner.

We asked Stevo to close the website, as per Carter-Ruck's requirement for us to 'permanently suspend the website www.madeleinefoundation.org

However, Stevo has now asserted control over the website and there is nothing we in The Madeleine Foundation can do about that.
The
work of The Madeleine Foundation will continue, in accordance with the
aims set out in our constitution, but after agreeing to accede to the
McCanns' demands (s set out in Carter-Ruck's original letter) our work
will inevitably have to take a different form and direction.

Thanks very much for all kind messages here

We had a successful meeting in Cardiff today with some welcome new faces from South Wales present.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:19 am

A fool and his money are soon parted as bennett and butler are about to find out, the bull about the website wont wash nor will the continuation of the Madeleine Foundaton.
Either bennetts ignored his Solicitors advice or he's been badly advised by the equivalent of Tescos blue stripe branded Lawyers Breaking news!  bennett capitulates! - Page 2 152761 Oh yes you did!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:54 pm

I explained this on PFA2 but I am going to explain it again here.

Stevo is not protected from the McCanns, CR, or any British court writs by virtue of presence in the US.

First of all, he's not an American citizen. Allegedly he's not even a permanent resident. If his country of origin, or his country of citizenship, wishes to assert their law over him, an American court will not stand in their way unless doing so would be manifestly unjust or unfair. As this is not a criminal trial and he is not in risk of life or limb, it's doubtful an American court would take that step.

Second, there's a variety of ways that American courts decide what law applies to a matter - "choice of law" decisions. One way is if the person involved has "subjected" himself to American law or another nation's law.

Stevo runs a website about a crime committed against a British citizen in a European country. It "discusses" and allegedly defames and slanders a British couple. It is aimed at British and European citizens. It has nothing to do, in other words, with America, or American citizens, other than the fact that Stevo is present in the country and the website is hosted in the US.

It is likely under these facts an American court would rule that Stevo has subjected himself to British law and is not protected by American law at all.

For that matter, I personally believe Stevo and the Foundation would lose a libel action even here in the US.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:13 am

I hope they do Bluj.
I personally cant wait to see ALL involved in the hounding of G & K brought to justice.
Bring it on CR!
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2