Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking news

+11
clairesy
Catkins
Cath
Royal
Rosie
dianeh
Peaceful1
bluj1515
Jayelles
vee8
Pedro Silva
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Breaking news - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking news

Post by clairesy Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:31 am

I also think they should take form him any profits he as made so far with this book.The money should be taken from him and given to the find Madeleine fund.

If the judge as decided this(banning his book) then what does that mean where the investigation is concerned???Im mean the previous efforts by Portuguese police.

IMO if they are admitting failing little Madeleine then they are liable.Who is responsible for that? (apart from the big old gonc)There were others who failed to take proper measures when investigating madeleines abduction and as far as im concerned they should face punishment.I sure as hell hope they aint still, working on the police force Breaking news - Page 2 Affraid
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:00 am

Just watching sky news (its sunday morning here) and they were talking about the newspapers etc..there appears to be a story in one about the letter Amaral's wife sent to the McCanns comparing her suffering (ie having to move house, re school the kids etc) to the McCanns suffering of losing Madeleine.
The woman who was commenting sounded quite disgusted at Amaral's wife.
Quite right too!
Peaceful1
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:02 pm

Careful! Sky may have to apologize for that to Mrs. Amaral... Breaking news - Page 2 466476 Breaking news - Page 2 466476 Breaking news - Page 2 466476
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:20 am

clairesy wrote:I also think they should take form him any profits he as made so far with this book.The money should be taken from him and given to the find Madeleine fund.

If the judge as decided this(banning his book) then what does that mean where the investigation is concerned???Im mean the previous efforts by Portuguese police.

IMO if they are admitting failing little Madeleine then they are liable.Who is responsible for that? (apart from the big old gonc)There were others who failed to take proper measures when investigating madeleines abduction and as far as im concerned they should face punishment.I sure as hell hope they aint still, working on the police force Breaking news - Page 2 Affraid

Clairsey

That will come with the libel court case. This is an injunction as part of the libel case to prevent further damage from being done while the case is underway. So if Amaral loses the libel case, he will have to pay the McCanns big time.

No effect on the investigation (you mean the PJ one) because they could find no evidence of what crime had been committed, although obviously one has occurred because Madeleine is missing. To sue the police for incompetence etc is very difficult to do, and some countries have laws against this. But in others if the police are found to have acted outside the law (ie corrupt, perverting the course of justice) then action can be taken. But generally, there must be some evidence of it, and recognised by the govt and police force itself. So for eg, if the Portuguese govt did an inquiry into the Madeleine case, and found that the police officers acted improperly and illegally, then they would be charged under the Portuguese criminal code, and this may pay the way (dont know Portuguese law at all) for civil action by the McCanns against the PJ in general and the individuals as well. The question really though is will the Portuguese govt take the action of carrying out a wide ranging commission into what happened, and the report it truthfully. That is a major step to stamping out corruption as well as dealing with incompetence, and poor procedures. The results from such an inquiry would be to strengthen the PJ by promoting those processes that work (and of course the good officers) and getting rid of those things that dont work, such as the secrecy law in the case of missing children.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:22 pm

Pedro Silva wrote:Just to say my friends, that the judge who ordered this injunction was a woman. Well done judge.
Breaking news - Page 2 599426

Saw that! As is the McCanns' lawyer.

Brilliant.
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:46 pm

Breaking news - Page 2 SNN1007MAIN_280_905712b

McCanns: Find Swedish pic girl

A SNAP of a girl taken in Sweden sparks hopes she could be Maddie McCann

By ANTONELLLA LAZZERI

Published: Today

DETECTIVES were last night desperately hunting a girl who was photographed in Sweden - after computer-matching showed she could be missing Madeleine McCann.

The girl, who was pictured at a car show, bears a strong resemblance to Maddie, who would now be six.

Her jawline is identical and her eyes are the same colour as Maddie's. Breaking news - Page 2 Maddie_180x250_905991a

After the snap appeared on a website, Swedish police were inundated with calls from the public saying how much it looked like Maddie.

They also received a spate of calls from visitors who believed they had seen Maddie at the car show.

Face-mapping technology used by British police identified the girl as a possible match, and Maddie's parents Kate and Gerry have now asked for an urgent investigation.

Maddie - snatched from her family's holiday villa on Portugal's Algarve coast in May 2007 - has a distinctive mark in her right eye. Breaking news - Page 2 Maddie-180_866121a

But the photo of the girl in Sweden is not clear enough to show if she has the same characteristic.

The girl was with a man and a woman at the car show, held in Sweden's capital Stockholm in August.

The man was Swedish but the girl spoke perfect English.

The woman remained silent, and the snapper said both adults refused to be photographed.

Kate and Gerry, both 41, of Rothley, Leics, have seen the photo and believe it should be investigated.

A source close to the couple said: "They feel it bears a resemblance to what Maddie would look like now.

"They can't be certain but feel it can't be dismissed. It should be looked into.

"The girl does look quite like Madeleine, especially around her jaw.

"It is enough of a similarity for the investigators to look into it further."

The couple's official spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: "Kate and Gerry and their investigators are aware of the picture and are liaising with the relevant authorities.

"The investigation team are looking into it."

Swedish police are now liaising with British cops and the private detectives hunting Maddie.

The photographer failed to note the girl's name, and Swedish police have so far been unable to find her.

Breaking news - Page 2 SNN1007MCC-380_905776a

The photo is not the first time the search for Maddie has been linked to Sweden.

The Sun told in August how a Victoria Beckham lookalike asked a man at a marina in Barcelona, Spain: "Are you here to deliver my new daughter?"

One of the yachts linked to the woman came from Sweden.

The luxury cruiser was one of six recorded as having left the Algarve port of Portimao the morning after Maddie vanished.

All the other boats have been traced and eliminated from the investigation.

But all efforts to find the Swedish yacht have failed.

An investigator revealed: "It has apparently vanished without trace.

"The captain told port authorities he was going to the Algarve port of Albufeira, but the boat never arrived and has not been found since."

Detectives hunting the Posh Spice lookalike, who spoke with an Australian accent, believe it is possible that Maddie was whisked away from Portugal by boat.

Gerry McCann this week spoke at an international legal conference in Madrid, where he told delegates: "We will never give up hope, we will never give up searching for Madeleine."
a.lazzeri@the-sun.co.uk

HELP FIND MADDIE: Investigation hotline +44 845 8384699 or email Investigation@findmadeleine.com

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2676742/McCanns-Find-girl-in-Swedish-photo-she-could-be-our-missing-Madeleine.html#ixzz0TWq3uDEf

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2676742/McCanns-Find-girl-in-Swedish-photo-she-could-be-our-missing-Madeleine.html#ixzz0TWOlebR0
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:04 pm

I'm not sure if she would be openly walking around a huge public car show like that. I agree it SHOULD be investigated, but I'm not ready to get my hopes up just yet.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:26 pm

I'm not so sure Vee,

Seeing for myself how many people go to some of these shows (The NEC for one) they are packed to the rafters. One thing though, I managed to get the proper photo saved and when zoomiing in, she looks older and taller than 6, look how much taller than the car she is. She also has quite big hooped earrings in.
The jaw though is very much like Madeleines, and her fringe is wispy like Madeleines.

Last edited by christabel on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added to)
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:58 pm

I agree, it should be investigated, let´s wait for the results, so, I think, caution is advised.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:58 pm

I have just been out and bought this paper because I wanted to see the photograph properly on paper and I wanted to put a magnifying glass over the right eye. I have to say, it does look very similar to Madeleine, especially around the jaw line, also the eyes and eyebrows look to be the same shape and although I cannot be certain, under a magnifying glass, there does look to be a coloboma in the right eye, but to me, it looks to be in a slightly different place to where Madeleine's is, it also looks smaller.
We have all learned not to get our hopes raised, I suppose this is another case of wait and see, this must be terrible for Kate and Gerry.
To me there does look to be some very striking similarities though. Whether this is just pixelation on the photographs or not, in both eyes there does look to be some very similar markings regarding the iris and the pupils. In the eye with the coloboma, there is also another very small part of what appears to be a very small amount of missing tissue on the left part of the pupil as you look at the pictures face on and this is actually present to a slightly larger degree in the Swedish photograph, this is also applies to the left eye.
I understand that this coloboma is isolated, but I do wonder if Madeleine would be wearing glasses of even contact lenses by now? If Madeleine is wearing glasses, then this could add a level of disguise of course!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:15 pm

vee8 wrote:I'm not sure if she would be openly walking around a huge public car show like that. I agree it SHOULD be investigated, but I'm not ready to get my hopes up just yet.

I am not so sure that this would not happen, there have been many well documented cases of abducted children being hidden away and also NOT being hidden away. Some children have had access to the internet and could have made their presence known but did not, others have gone to school on their own and never tried to escape, others have just seemed to belong to an ordinary family and doing all the ordinary things families do, going to school, shopping, outings and even playing with friends freely and even having sleepovers. There just seems to be no real way these children are hidden or not hidden as the case may be. I know this child has the hoop earrings, but this doesn't necessarily mean anything, I would not of allowed my daughter to wear them not even at 12 years, but this does not mean that other people would do the same. Even very young children can be fashion conscious these days.

I remain to be convinced that this is Madeleine and I am in no way getting excited about it, but what does encourage me is the fortitude of so many people, that they are still looking out for Madeleine, even now when her appearance would have changed, despite the damage being done to the search for her by the vile Butler, Bennett and Stevo etc etc!

So at least we can take some encouragement from that!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemary Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:33 am

Do I understand this correctly?
The girl was photographed over a month ago.
The computer has only now suggested a match?
Last night detectives started looking?

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:21 am

Who knows Rosemary, it mentions August, but doesn't mention on whose part the delay is, but at least it is being looked into, of course the parents or guardians of the child could put a stop to this and come forward and then it can be sorted out.
It says that they did not want to be photographed, so they were happy for the child to be photographed? Or did the person just snap a photo off before permission was asked?
Again this raises more questions. Well at least it is being investigated, hopefully we will know something soon.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemary Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:29 am

Over on PFA2 they are reporting Clarence having spoken to a swedish newspaper that it is not her. No columba in her eye. maybe the computer picked it up with enlargement techniques.
Never mind.. We shall carry on looking. The swedish angle was strong because of that missing swedish motoryacht.

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:03 am

See I went and bought the paper version to look at the eye and I put it under a magnifying glass, but even without it, there looked to be a coloboma, but I said if it was there at all, it looked to be in the wrong place!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chicane Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:12 am

Swedish Paper Expressen:

Google translation

Breaking news - Page 2 755387744_5_tDvb

Kate&Gerry McCann: It is not Madeleine.

Parents: We do not believe that it is Madeleine

Kate and Gerry McCann do not think that Madeleine is in the picture
We have looked at the picture and even though she bears a certain
resemblance to Madeleine so we do not believe that it is she. She looks
too old out and her eyes are not the visible stain that Madeleine's eye
is, "said Clarence Mitchell, spokesperson for Kate and Gerry McCann.

10 oktober 2009 October 10, 2009 English newspaper: Maddie is sought in Sweden

The Sun today published a picture of a girl being taken on a bilshow in
Sweden, which is said to be the police's hottest tracks in the hunt for
Madeleine.
The data has also been widely reported in other Swedish media.
But when the Express asks for a comment from the McCann family, said spokesman Clarence Mitchell:
We do not believe that Madeleine is in the picture.
The spokesman clarifies:
To be sure we'll look into the picture, it has gone to the
investigators and they are working to safely determine the child is -
but we've looked at the picture and even though she bears a certain
resemblance to Madeleine so we do not believe that she is .
She looks too old out and her eyes are not the visible stain that Madeleine's eye does.
The family's spokesperson denies the information on "urgent investigation" and that "she looks like our daughter."
We have never said that and there is no urgent investigation in view of the image.

Exploring everything

But you investigate everything that comes in?
Yes, of course. We would fail if we did not. . And we can not
categorically say that "it is not her" because she should have changed
in appearance over the past two and a half years. But we do not
believe, especially McCann itself, that it is their daughter.
What does it mean anyway to get the focus of the image in Sweden?
We are not trying to accuse an innocent child or family to be involved.
The picture was taken, as I understand it, a professional photographer
on a bilshow in August. If it had been Madeleine, I hope that we had
been told about it much earlier than now.
But this stuff happens all the time for us - tips, pictures, people who
had seen her. Unfortunately, most of nowhere, but everything must be
checked out.

Tips from the public
What do you think Kate and Gerry would say to people who may have information about the picture or the girl?
As I said, we do not think it's Madeleine but if someone in Sweden
knows anything about this child they should contact the authorities. As
I understand it, the Swedish police have already been contacted by
people who were on bilshowen who thought they had seen Madeleine - all
mysteries or confusion surrounding this need to be resolved, as much
for her family's sake as for Kate and Gerry.

EXPRESSEN
Chicane
Chicane
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2009-09-02

http://maddiemaccann.hyves.nl

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:03 am

oh god...this is the first i have read of this,but then the last few days ive been in a world of my own to be honest with you not red much news or anythign.

Hmmmm well we know now it isn't her although when i first came onto this thread and was looking at the original post and picture i would have also said it was way to big for a child of Madeleine's age.The girl looks about 9 or 10 even!!

One thing that's good about this though is that the search for madeleine remains in the minds of the public...that's fabulous because without it they wont get these reported sightings anymore.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Yes, the more people talks about sweet Madeleine, the better, the more people keep their eyes and ears wide open, the better, because this increases the chances of finding her, the same about all missing children worldwide.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2