Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

+9
Pedro Silva
Rosie
calcite51
christabel
rosemary
Catkins
maria
vee8
jean
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN Empty GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by jean Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:52 am

23 August 2009

Gonçalo Amaral, the former coordinator of the Madeleine McCann investigation, has contacted the editor of his book, "Maddie: The Truth About The Lie", seeking to recover its copyright, with the ultimate purpose of publishing the book in the UK himself.

Based on the criminal investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine, "The Truth About The Lie" has sold over 200 thousand copies in Portugal, and has been translated and published in several countries, like France, the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Spain and Belgium.

A documentary based on the book, that was broadcast by TVI in Portugal and reached an audience of 2.2 million viewers, was sold and broadcast in other countries, like Spain and Denmark, where it generated added interest in the case.

"The Truth About The Lie" has not been published in the UK, where no editor seems to be willing to risk upsetting the McCann couple.

Similarly, the documentary has not been broadcast by any British television channel.

Many British citizens have been forced to search for, and watch, the documentary on the internet, in order to access factual information that has otherwise not been made available by the UK media, in general.

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN Empty Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by vee8 Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:27 pm

jean wrote:23 August 2009

Many British citizens have been forced to search for, and watch, the documentary on the internet, in order to access factual information that has otherwise not been made available by the UK media, in general.

Factual information my a%se! Did it show him sitting on his fat butt, quaffing wine and shellfish for three hours a day while two devestated parents went out of their minds with worry? I think not.
pullinghairout
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN Empty Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by maria Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:17 pm

Well, here in Portugal it has been taken off the market by court order... Just heard it, don't know full details.

HOORAY!!!
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:20 pm

maria wrote:Well, here in Portugal it has been taken off the market by court order... Just heard it, don't know full details.

HOORAY!!!

Wowee Brilliant news Maria....Do you mind if I share it ?
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:22 pm

Sure Cats, shout it out loud!
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:23 pm

Thank you.... GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN Icon_flower
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemary Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 pm

WONDERFUL NEWS...........AT LAST THE WHEEL BEGINS TO TURN

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:44 pm

maria wrote:Well, here in Portugal it has been taken off the market by court order... Just heard it, don't know full details.

HOORAY!!!

Maria you are one great lady, thanks for this how lovely is that news? WHOOPEE, things are looking serious for him, what a shame. GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN 466476 GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN 466476
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:47 pm

Fantastic news!! GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN 691961

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:47 pm

Got some more details, although I don't understand the full deepness of the court order.

So, the book should be taken off the shelves, no further editions of it ALL OVER THE WORLD are allowed, Gonçalo Amaral is not authorized to give interviews where he advocates the theory that Madeleine died (in the apartment, I think). There will be a fine of 1000 euro for each day when this decision is not followed.
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:51 pm

Hope Bennett is getting worried too...........
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:56 pm

Catkins wrote:Hope Bennett is getting worried too...........

Cat, you cannot be serious! lol.
You know he will try and say the opposite. I bet there's a big bonfire being lit as we speak for Gonc's book.
I hope this means things are starting to happen Maria.
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:02 am

Cats

This is even more encouraging and meaningful because Portugal is not the best example of effective justice, specially in ethics/moral facts. I'm SOOOO excited, exhilarating, hopeful...
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maria Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:05 am

But Chris, if I'm not mistaken, TB actually based his endless questions on GA's book, and he WROTE it, or am I totally mistaken (having not read any of the 'questions' version)?
maria
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:18 am

maria wrote:But Chris, if I'm not mistaken, TB actually based his endless questions on GA's book, and he WROTE it, or am I totally mistaken (having not read any of the 'questions' version)?

Yes he did Maria, but you know Bennett the law doesn't bother him YET!
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:36 am

maria wrote:Cats

This is even more encouraging and meaningful because Portugal is not the best example of effective justice, specially in ethics/moral facts. I'm SOOOO excited, exhilarating, hopeful...

This News has really cheered me uo today....YAY !!
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:37 am

christabel wrote:
maria wrote:But Chris, if I'm not mistaken, TB actually based his endless questions on GA's book, and he WROTE it, or am I totally mistaken (having not read any of the 'questions' version)?

Yes he did Maria, but you know Bennett the law doesn't bother him YET!

Discussed elsewhere...maybe he'll plead insanity...Bennett that is.....and who would argue against that... GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN 556230
Catkins
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:45 am

Finally - hurrah! Bennett be looking back. I think he's next.....
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN Empty Hi Everyone

Post by Rosie Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:01 am

As this is hugely significant, I think it deserves a thread of its own.

Of course this carries huge ramifications for Tony Bennett and Debbie Butler, who have based their spurious and vile booklet and leaflet campaign on the back of this book and Amaral's findings.

We kept on warning them that as it stood, they would not stand a hope in hell's chance of winning any court battle should they find themselves in this position for their very own actions, which we all firmly believed were wholly illegal, but now this has happened, this has just driven the final nail in.

I believe now we will see an intention to seek legal means to have Butler and Bennett's Madeleine Foundation taken off of the internet, not only this, I think this is heralding the start of legal action against them.
I hope they get their comeuppance legally and I hope they are made an example of, if that seems harsh, sorry but I don't care, to my mind, they have caused Kate and Gerry McCann unnecessary pain and distress.

Meanwhile, how is this looking for the McCanns court action for defamation of character against Amaral, what was it they were suing for? £1.2 million? With what we know about Amaral, he is already looking at around 12 years imprisonment, in the not too distant future. I cannot help but feel that there is something else behind all of this too, are we seeing the very tip of the iceberg that a few of us could see coming miles away? Have the Portuguese authorities got wind of something else he has been involved in? Is there more news just waiting to break here?

I wonder how Butler and Bennett have taken this news today? If I were them, I would feel on very shaky ground, I wonder if they knew this was coming? Apparently Butler has been spoken to by the police already, I did not see her or Bennett advertising this though, all we saw was Bennett gloating about it being 20+ days and still not been contacted by the police. He should know in legal terms that 20+ days are nothing, the silly pathetic little wannabe.

Let's see how brave all those that have been merrily breaking the law feel after this news has been announced!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:03 am

The thread is here now, posted by me, with the title: Breaking news.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:28 am

Madeleine McCann Book Banned By Judge

Breaking News

3:19pm UK, Wednesday September 09, 2009

A judge has banned the sale of a book by a former investigating police officer in the Madeleine McCann case, a spokesman for the missing girl's parents said.

GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN 15355218

The banned book claims that there is evidence Madeleine is dead

Clarence Mitchell said Kate and Gerry McCann were "absolutely delighted".
A judge at Lisbon's main Civil Court banned any further publication and sale of The Truth Of The Lie by Goncalo Amaral.
The book claims that the little girl is dead.
Mr Mitchell said the book had hampered the search for missing Madeleine and added to her parents' distress.
Mr Amaral worked on the investigation into three-year-old Madeleine's disappearance from an apartment in Praia da Luz in May 2007 during a family holiday.
He was removed from the investigation after criticising British police.
GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN 15049928

Goncalo Amaral

The injunction, granted today after a hearing last week, means he has to ensure that all unsold copies of the book are removed from shops and warehouses across Europe.
If he fails to do so he faces a fine if £877 a day.
Mr Mitchell said: "Kate and Gerry McCann are absolutely delighted that the judge in Portugal has done the right thing by granting this injunction."
He said Mr Amaral's claims that he believed Madeleine was dead were "threatening the search".
Mr Amaral said he did not believe the McCanns' account that Madeleine was taken while they were eating with friends nearby.
Mr Mitchell said the Mr Amaral's claims had "added to their distress".

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Madeleine-McCann-Book-The-Truth-Of-The-Lie-by-Goncalo-Amaral-Is-Banned-By-A-Portugese-Judge/Article/200909215378231
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:36 am

I´m delighted.
GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN 599426

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN Empty Just Wonderful News

Post by Rosie Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:38 am

Just wonderful, this man has hampered and hindered the search for Madeleine for long enough!

Tony Bennett and Debbie Butler of the Madeleine Foundation take heed and stop your nonsense and spurious leaflet campaign forthwith and leave this couple alone!

Just do Madeleine and her family a favour and fade away.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:46 am

Remember over the weekend when we thought Gerrymccannsblogs had been pulled? I said I thought if they had been pulled it would be to do with that book on that site but when the blog came back that book was still there and that surprised me.

I hope now she has had the sense to remove it, if not, she is seriously breaking the law, if she hasn't already done so, she needs to remove it now!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:51 am

No just looked and that book is still up there, I hope she has deep pockets!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next