Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun, Daily Star, and Daily Mirror Have Different Quote

+2
dianeh
bluj1515
6 posters

Go down

The Sun, Daily Star, and Daily Mirror Have Different Quote Empty The Sun, Daily Star, and Daily Mirror Have Different Quote

Post by bluj1515 Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:27 pm

"Have you got the girl?"/"Have you got the child?"

All of Friday's front pages: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Fridays-Papers---Newspaper-Front-Pages-Friday-August-7-2009/Media-Gallery/200908115355933?lpos=Home_News_in_Picture_UK_News_Region_0&lid=GALLERY_15355933_Fridays_Papers_-_Newspaper_Front_Pages_Friday%2C_August_7%2C_2009
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

The Sun, Daily Star, and Daily Mirror Have Different Quote Empty Re: The Sun, Daily Star, and Daily Mirror Have Different Quote

Post by dianeh Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:36 pm

Bluj, this just gets worse and worse.

It does look like came from a leak, as if it were a direct quote, it wouldnt be changing as it appears in different papers.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

The Sun, Daily Star, and Daily Mirror Have Different Quote Empty Re: The Sun, Daily Star, and Daily Mirror Have Different Quote

Post by bluj1515 Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:38 pm

I'm beyond disgusted, Diane. It's so upsetting. I can't believe the sieve. I wonder if the differences are a matter of translation, the Sun and the Mirror and Star hedging its bets, etc.?
bluj1515
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:45 am

I'm still playing catch up, but I dont believe the woman said what has been printed. If this does have anything to do with Madeleine's abduction, the woman was obviously in contact with someone to arrange a meeting point, that being the case surely she would have known who she had to look out for. I find it a bit incomprehensible for her to ask a complete stranger, "do you have the girl". that is some chance to take and it would ring most normal peoples alarm bells.

There is obviously a very good reason as to why they are not disclosing the contents of her conversation, otherwise why would they not release the details for operational purposes ?. Just what was said in that conversation, I think it is more specific then what has been published.
Tinkerbell43
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:19 am

I thought it was stated she said more than one line...she is suppose to have said somethign along the lines of..''have you got her..have you got my new daughter...have you got the child''.

3 times she asked the witness if he had her before walking off towards another bar.

Thats maybe why different news papers are choosing to use different parts of what she said.I could be wrong of course.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:50 am

Lets assume for a minute that the leak about the content of the conversation came out of Portugal. Very hard to picture,but just hang in there a moment and concentrate very hard.

The original witness spoke English. this was translated to Portuguese and then translated back to English again. That is why they different quotes are similar, but slightly different.

Just my opinion of course, but we have seen this a number of times already.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:19 pm

dianeh wrote:Lets assume for a minute that the leak about the content of the conversation came out of Portugal. Very hard to picture,but just hang in there a moment and concentrate very hard.

The original witness spoke English. this was translated to Portuguese and then translated back to English again. That is why they different quotes are similar, but slightly different.

Diane, I find it hard to assume for a micro-second, never mind a minute that the leak came out of Portugal. Laffin Laffin Laffin Laffin
calcite51
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:15 pm

calcite51 wrote:
dianeh wrote:Lets assume for a minute that the leak about the content of the conversation came out of Portugal. Very hard to picture,but just hang in there a moment and concentrate very hard.

Diane, I find it hard to assume for a micro-second, never mind a minute that the leak came out of Portugal. Laffin Laffin Laffin Laffin

Laffin Laffin Laffin Laffin Laffin Laffin Laffin Laffin Laffin Laffin

Nah those highly trained PJ Elite the third best police force in the world, they would never leak would they?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:20 pm

The papers are just guessing, all of them, the real transcript of that conversation has not been released, until it is, then everything is just speculation.
Let's face it, all the other leaks that have come from that infamous "source close to the PJ (probably the pie shop people next door where Fat pig Amaral used to buy all his pies) well, all those leaks have always been wrong anyway, so assuming that this leak came from them (and I bet a £1 million that it did), it is a foregone conclusion that they have got it all back to front and well, just plain........wrong!
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down