Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man claims to be boy missing since 1955

+5
clairesy
vee8
littleminx
sadie
Pedro Silva
9 posters

Go down

Man claims to be boy missing since 1955 Empty Man claims to be boy missing since 1955

Post by Pedro Silva Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:20 am

Today: A man has come forward claiming to be a boy who vanished in New York more than 50 years ago. The FBI is now conducting its own DNA tests.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5592
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Man claims to be boy missing since 1955 Empty Re: Man claims to be boy missing since 1955

Post by sadie Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:39 am

Pedro Silva wrote:Today: A man has come forward claiming to be a boy who vanished in New York more than 50 years ago. The FBI is now conducting its own DNA tests.

WOW! Thanks for that news, Pedro. Shows there is always hope.
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Man claims to be boy missing since 1955 Empty Re: Man claims to be boy missing since 1955

Post by littleminx Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:43 am

sadie wrote:
Pedro Silva wrote:Today: A man has come forward claiming to be a boy who vanished in New York more than 50 years ago. The FBI is now conducting its own DNA tests.

WOW! Thanks for that news, Pedro. Shows there is always hope.

this is fantastic!! sadie you are so right there is always hope x

minx
littleminx
littleminx
Master
Master

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:01 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/06/17/lost-boy-is-found-after-54-years-115875-21447128/

When toddler Steven Damman vanished 54 years ago, his devastated parents gave up all hope that their son would one day be found alive.
More than 2,000 searchers were involved in the hunt for the two-year-old as the city where he vanished was plastered with "missing" posters.
Police even drove his mum Marilyn around the neighbourhood crying "Stevie, where are you?" from a speaker.
The case baffled detectives for more than half a century as their desperate hunt came to nothing - until now.
A middle-aged man has come forward saying he is the boy who disappeared from outside a New York store while his mother bought a loaf of bread in 1955.Man claims to be boy missing since 1955 News-17-06-09-image-5-64750828

The police would not say why the unnamed man, from Michigan, believes he is the missing boy. But results of DNA tests, due in a month, could confirm his claim.
Steven's father Jerry, now 78, yesterday said: "Naturally, you kind of give up after that long, but anything's possible.
"I don't know to this day what truly happened and I don't know enough about what is going on now. To a certain extent, this would probably close it."
Marilyn, who is now separated from Jerry, refused to comment on the latest twist.
After the disappearance, Steven's parents returned to their hometown in Iowa with his seven-month-old sister Pamela.
At that time, a poster of Steven showed a chubby, smiling, blond boy, who was two months short of his third birthday when he apparently vanished off the face of the Earth.
It described him as 38in tall, weighing 32lb, with blue eyes and with a small scar under his chin. He was also said to "walk with his toes turned out".
Steven was last seen wearing blue overalls, a blue polo shirt, a red sweater with ships on the front and brown shoes.
The child had been munching a bag of jelly-beans when his mother briefly nipped into the Food Fair store at 2.45pm leaving him in his buggy.
Police later found the pushchair nearby with the boy's baby sister inside.
New York police chief Kevin Smith yesterday said: "In that time, it was probably not that uncommon to do something like that."
Over the years, the FBI and local police have followed leads as far away as Hawaii.
In 2003, Pamela provided a DNA sample that ruled out the body of a young boy found in a box in Philadelphia in 1957.
Reports of a female hitchhiker with a small boy resembling Steven in Minneapolis were probed. And claims that a woman and a boy, who looked like Steven, were spotted in a bar in Topeka, Kansas, were looked into. But both were quickly ruled out.
According to reports at the time, Jerry Damman always blamed his wife for what happened to their son.
But he now says their separation was unrelated to the disappearance. Marilyn got a divorce and custody of Pamela in 1958, while Jerry remarried and raised a new family.
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:28 am

Man claims to be boy missing since 1955 47527071

aw that's fabulous news for his family if this is true.A bit of a long wait though isn't it??Although better than never so i bet they are over whelmed.It reads that they are referring to Barnes as David already.I hope this is him,that would be lovely.
clairesy
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:35 am

I hope the McCann's and us don't have to wait that long. 55 years on these forums, OMG!
vee8
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:23 am

Last edited by AlexG on Thu May 05, 2011 9:42 am; edited 2 times in total
AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:58 am

AlexG wrote:
vee8 wrote:I hope the McCann's and us don't have to wait that long. 55 years on these forums, OMG!
affraid 55 years .... affraid

Let's hope we don't have to wait that long ...

That's a lot of writing for you guys. I wont be around.

Seriously there is hope as this shows. Wonder what happened?
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:49 am

It sounds as if this man has had a DNA profile done, and there is a possibility that he could be their son. But since there is no DNA from the young boy, it means that his DNA must be matched with the parents, and it says this will take a month.

It would be wonderful for the parents if this is their little boy. Although nothing will take away the pain of losing him, to know that he lived a full life, and to eventual meet him, would provide some healing. If he is the lost boy, then he too will need the healing that reuniting with his parents and siblings will bring.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:26 am

I just saw the man on TV and strangely enough he does resemble that baby!

Lets hope for a positive outcome, if it is, I will be very interested in his story.

I do so hope it is, because if so barring the inordinate amount of time that has passed, this will hold out such hope to Kate and Gerry McCann.
Rosie
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:32 am

Rosie, I saw it as well, on Foxnews, and he could be the boy, based on looks. He does look like the boy, he does look like the father, and I wonder why there are no photos of him as a baby with his family. Although not proof, it sort of makes it hard to believe that you dont belong to your family if there are baby photos.

New reports it could be a month to 6 weeks before the results are known.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:42 am

Man's Claim To Be Kidnapped Tot 'False'

Breaking News

11:36pm UK, Thursday June 18, 2009

A middle-aged man who claimed that DNA tests would prove he was kidnapped as a toddler and later raised unwittingly by another family have been found to be false.

Missing tot Steven Damman and John Barnes before DNA tests proved negative

Steven Damman, then aged two, disappeared mysteriously from outside a New York store in the 1950s and never heard from again.
A 54-year-old Kalkaska, Michigan man named John Barnes recently insisted he was the child swiped from a stroller outside a Long Island bakery.
Mr Barnes long suspected the couple who raised him were not his biological parents and he said last March the FBItook a swab - but now it is revealed his DNA does not match that of the missing boy's sister.
"DNA samples analyzed by the FBI laboratory in Quantico, Virginia, show John Barnes and Pamela Damman Horne do not share the same mother," the FBI said in a statement.
Damman's mother had left the boy and his younger sister in a pram outside the bakery in 1955 but he was never traced.

Kidnap flyer from 1955

Mr Barnes began investigating his origins years ago and found photos on the Internet that led him to believe he could be the same person, and queried his birth certificate.
But the man who raised the boy, Richard Barnes, had always insisted he was the father and called the claims "a bunch of foolishness".
Cheryl Barnes, Richard's daughter, said she was "flabbergasted" by her brother's claim.
Meanwhile in Iowa, the missing boy's father, Jerry Damman, said the news was disappointing and he may never know what happened to his son.

"It's too bad we had to go through all of this for actually nothing in the end - I guess we don't know any more than we did."
He added: "It's been very hard to bring this all up after all those years. It's been hard."
christabel
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:10 am

Mum and I were discussing this yesterday, and I did comment to her that they should be able to tell from the Mitochondrial DNA whether or not, he was the son. So even though DNA results can take a long time, mainly because there is no DNA from the child, and it has to be done by comparison to the family, the MDNA results should have been very quick.

I assumed that the reason Fox (and other news) were reporting it would take 6 weeks is that the MDNA must have matched. Just goes to show that we were all fooled.

This man's family have said he has some mental problems.
dianeh
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:17 am

Last edited by AlexG on Thu May 05, 2011 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
AlexG
AlexG
Master
Master

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:46 am

Rosiepops wrote:I just saw the man on TV and strangely enough he does resemble that baby!

Lets hope for a positive outcome, if it is, I will be very interested in his story.

I do so hope it is, because if so barring the inordinate amount of time that has passed, this will hold out such hope to Kate and Gerry McCann.

How this news must have bolstered the Mccanns hopes and once again their hopes are smashed. Such tradegy for them to keep having to cope with.

I wonder how the news of 'their' sons return affected the parents? After such a long time, they will have come to terms with his loss - and then to have him return, when they must have been well over 70 and seperated, with new lives: What sort of emotions would they have?

I wonder how they have accepted the news that he is not their son?
sadie
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down